• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V introducing "PS4 Console Exclusive Game" branding

Just how angry are you about the SFV PS4 Console Exclusive branding?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hyun Sai

Trying to create confusion with your posts?
Want to mask your true intensions?
Or do you simply want to violate some consumer rights?

Look no further - Introducing the NeoGAF banner!

ykY585U.png

THIS IS FANTASTIC.

DedValve

Banned

ykY585U.png

Confused. Does this mean it WON'T be a featured post on 4chan? Please clarify.

ykY585U.png
Does this mean that the post isn't available on other platforms? I mean, I can see the post when I screencapped it to imgur.com, so it's misleading.

Really rubbing salt into Microsoft's wounds by the looks of this lol. It's strange how it doesn't receive the same venom on here that Tomb Raider took last year for being platform exclusive, besides it comes out on PC in just over 2 weeks. SF4 wasn't exclusive and to my knowledge Microsoft helped towards the development of RoTTR. Anyone have anymore knowledge on this?

Really rubbing salt into Microsoft's wounds by the looks of this lol. It's strange how it doesn't receive the same venom on here that Tomb Raider took last year for being platform exclusive, besides it comes out on PC in just over 2 weeks. SF4 wasn't exclusive and to my knowledge Microsoft helped towards the development of RoTTR. Anyone have anymore knowledge on this?

Seems legit. Close the thread, you hypocrites.

Also: This isn't far off 'Bingo!'

Ray Down

Banned

Every fucking time.

5Yc2lMq.gif

PxR

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any update on whether PS3 sticks will work on the PS4 version or should I give up hope on that?

Pillville

ykY585U.png

So, it's a forum exclusive. It won't be on other forums, but it may be on other websites.

IvanJ

Banned
800+ posts? Really? I simply had to read it all, because I was curious why this news has more than one page of posts.

There are a lot of Oracles of Delphi worshippers here, choosing to interpret the logo in a manner that will ensure their own outrage.

"Go to war! Return not die in war!"

Plenty of comma enthusiasts here, it seems. (You know: "XBox exclusive holiday 2015")

Nameless

Fuck it. Sony should just slap "Definitive Version Available on PC" on their Console Exclusives to appease the the Platform Warriors and avoid confusing the 13 people who would've been perplexed by the original branding.

TheOGB

Banned
Sometimes you get this idea in your head
This idea that people should know better
That people should have some common sense
You don't know where it came from, or why
Because this idea is constantly proven wrong
But it keeps coming back
And you want to believe it
But you end up wrong again

Fuck it. Sony should just slap "Definitive Version Available on PC" on their Console Exclusives to appease the the Platform Warriors and avoid confusing the 13 people who would've been perplexed by the original branding.

depending on the controller options, yes

Holy shit.
This is the thread that keeps on giving.

tumblr_mlf1v6oyc21s6avyno1_500.png

I thought we were over this.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Follow the clues!

dezzy8

I can't believe that there's a 17 page thread for this. It's basically saying that the only console that you can purchase this game on is the PS4. It's only informing people that if you want to get an X1 that you will not be playing SFV. PC is not a gaming console so this tag is not misleading and there is no need for outrage over something so silly.

I can't believe that there's a 17 page thread for this. It's basically saying that the only console that you can purchase this game on is the PS4. It's only informing people that if you want to get an X1 that you will not be playing SFV. PC is not a gaming console so this tag is not misleading and there is no need for outrage over something so silly.
Admitting they're being misleading by having exclusive game on a separate line doesn't mean outrage tho

Kssio_Aug

"PS4 Console Exclusive Game" seems to aim to some misinformation. Hardly these kind of tags don't try to do it though.

They have every right to do this, and it really should no bearing or imposition on anyone. It's just marketing. Everybody's gotta market. or wat?

Also, I just discovered that I was indeed also looking for the PES 2008 Wii whatchamucallit

John Wick

Tomb Raider is owned By Square Enix. I hardly think they Need MS help to make Tomb Raider. It was already in development before MS and Crystal Dynamics signed it up for a year exclusivity

I wonder how PC people will even find out the game is available on PC. It's a console exclusive after all. If only Valve stopped being lazy and released Half-Life 3 so they could finally move on and figure out a way to advertise upcoming PC games on Steam. Sony was really complacent here too. I hope that, along with Valve's incompetence, doesn't result in Capcom loosing a lot of PC sales and going out of business. The PC userbase isn't exactly technically inclined and it worries me that the general lack of awareness of a PC version might be the final nail in the coffin for PC gaming. And I don't care if Capcom goes out of business. Because they suck. But I need them to release Yakuza 6 first.

This thread is still going? "Looks at rest of the thread" im not suprised by any of this. Its just box branding, this is coming from someone who thinks that the tomb raider and street fighter scenarios were bull shit. However this branding seems harmless, I dont get the out rage around it. Pc doesnt count as a console, its not excluding it.

Saty

Stop acting dumb.

"SFV is console exclusive to PS4".
"SFV is exclusive to the PS4 console".

Those are different statements, but both can be inferred from the label. That's ambiguity,

Yep. Alarming how far some people will go to 'save' their favorite company from being guilty of using intentionally ambiguous phrasing.

'PS4 console exclusive game' or 'PS4 console; exclusive game' are both statements that have more than one interpretation possible and each one can be just as easily inferred as the other. It's technically and 'legally' correct which is the whole point in being ambiguous so pointing out that in favor of the phrasing is moot. 'The PS4 is a console and this game is exclusive for it'. Are you going to redefine how multiple meanings just to defend a calculated move by some company?

You do realize the distinction between 'ps4 console exclusive' and 'ps4 exclusive' is pretty subtle one that would even cause a versed gamer to do a double-take to make sure those aren't interchangeable? You'd have to realize 'console' isn't just a plain descriptive of the system but actually something that creates it's own subset from other systems such as PC or mobile. Is the phrasing 'PS4 system exclusive' better, worse or the same? What makes a XB1\PS4\WiiU a 'system' but not PC or Mobile? Or if you want to dig even deeper then PR announcements often describe the PS4 (or was it the PS3?) as a 'computer entertainment system'.

Same question goes for using 'Only on Playstation Console(s)'. Is that better, worse or the same? Or even 'This game is only for the Playstation consoles'. Whatever the phrasing you still need to parse out that the meaning is 'in the subset of video game platforms that is classified as 'consoles' and which the PS4 is part of, this game is exclusive to it' rather than 'This is the only video game platform this game releases on'.

The only over-reaction is by those that trying to deny that Sony picked that phrasing intentionally because it's ambiguous and that it 'bigs up' the PS4 more than any other phrasing. As if PR being PR in corporation such as Sony is suddenly such a shock.

Solution for the ambiguity if you care about that? 'PS4 and PC. Microsoft did it last gen. 'Why market the PC version' is a bizarre argument seeing how this game existence on PC was confirmed on Sony's own various stages (and other games too such as DF's remasters).
I would just go a step further and stop trying to shoehorn 'exclusive' into everything to try get a leg up. Use only 'Only on PS' banner for the games that are only on PS4. No need for others banner on the boxes. Same goes for conferences: label only the 'true' exclusive. You can taunt how all the other games are 'console exclusives' or 'console debuts' in press releases afterwards.

DedValve

Banned
Just wait a few months and you'll see the original poster announce that they will be posting that message on 4chan by the years end.

No way, I'm a neogaf cultural expert and I assure you that I know nothing but doing this is foolish. I would know. I'm not NOT an expert afterall.

Yep. Alarming how far some people will go to 'save' their favorite company from being guilty of using intentionally ambiguous phrasing.
Good post, what's really odd is people acting like this kind of response is anything new, neogaf points out when companies try to intentionally mislead consumers all the time, this is another case, is it a huge transgression in the grand scheme of things? Don't see many people suggesting that, but it's being misleading nonetheless.

Ivan 3414

[etc]

This post pretty much nails it. The label is intentionally misleading and it shouldn't have turned into console wars at all because someone thinks this.

Top Bottom