• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V introducing "PS4 Console Exclusive Game" branding

Just how angry are you about the SFV PS4 Console Exclusive branding?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ploid 3.0

I wish I could take my vote back. I picked "meh" but glanced over harrisonford.gif because it looked like a lot of jumbled words. I screwed up.

Hustler

This thread is seriously still going....? Way to blow up a simple topic. I don't buy into the average joe conversation, most PC gamers are well informed of the big name games that hit their platform. I don't see many consumers shopping for PC games in brick and mortar stores since steam has really taken off. The wording is not deceptive in the slightest. Have a little more faith in the general public.

linkent

I would just go a step further and stop trying to shoehorn 'exclusive' into everything to try get a leg up. Use only 'Only on PS' banner for the games that are only on PS4. No need for others banner on the boxes. Same goes for conferences: label only the 'true' exclusive. You can taunt how all the other games are 'console exclusives' or 'console debuts' in press releases afterwards.

But But But, if there is no banner in the box if i see that in the store. I will be misled into looking at X1 to look for a copy of that game.
Truely misleading.
Lets face it, the banner is aimed at X1 owner and no one else. Only them will have problem with it.
There is not a single PC Gamer who doesnt use Steam.
If they doesnt use Steam, there are not even going to get this game for sure.

Seriously this is non-issue.

Eusis

I'll take any excuse to start a revolution with kitchenware!

I'd care more if it were sticking out, I hate that more than it being part of some banner that always takes up that space anyway.

TBiddy

Just because you think something, doesn't make it true.

As is fairly evident in this thread.

Your posts are of high standard, my friend.

Looking through your post history when it comes to the Playstation, is it consumer rights here or something else?

You tell me. Clearly you've already made up your mind. Feel free to attack my argument instead of attacking me.

In Denmark the consumer laws are very strict. You aren't allowed to favorably compare your products to a rival (so no "Console Y is much faster than Console X" or "Toothpaste A is much better for your mouth than toothpaste B".)

You're also required by law to explicitly state and clearly show how much a "free" phone will cost you over the duration of the 6 months, that is the maximum contract length.

I'd argue that the slogan is misleading - just as numerous Kinect-ads were. As I've said earlier, I don't know the rules in the US that well, so I'm not talking about that, but viewed from a Danish law point of view, it's definitely bordering on misleading advertising.

This thread is seriously still going....? Way to blow up a simple topic. I don't buy into the average joe conversation, most PC gamers are well informed of the big name games that hit their platform. I don't see many consumers shopping for PC games in brick and mortar stores since steam has really taken off. The wording is not deceptive in the slightest. Have a little more faith in the general public.
Apparently they are mostly idiots that will think a certain way because of a the sentence structure...lmbo

Shenmue

Banned
Woah I was just kidding before but there are seriously people who have compared this to the rotr thing. Crazytown...

Neoxon

They got the box art wrong.

sFVSr54.png

Top Bottom