• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V News - One Disc, Roster Selection Process, Stages, Long Term, etc

Nash Comic
11220848_10153530855547147_1850690668605278776_n.jpg

Charlie_preview1.jpg

Charlie_preview2.jpg

Charlie_preview3.jpg

PSblogcast has a new interview up with Combofiend and Matt

- The netcode for SFV is proprietary and is codenamed Kagemusha

- They feel online is now essential to growing the franchise, which is a big reason why the beta is taking place.

- As a result the beta will be online only because the point is to make sure the online is as smooth as possible when the game does launch

- They talk about characters selection being split into different categories

1) The mainstays/popular characters
Ryu
Chun Li
Bison
Cammy

2) Fan requested
Nash

3) Characters that they had a good vision for
Birdie

4) New characters

- That poll is once again something that they are taking into account when picking characters, but it's obviously not solely based on who was the most popular

- From the way they talk the new characters are up next as far as announcements go. So it looks like Comic Con will be our first glimpse of someone completely new to the series

- They'll eventually be doing tutorial videos for on their Capcom Fighters channel

Same here brother. Looking forward to the upcoming beta this month.
I feel the only people who beat the joke into the ground of 20 revisions of SF being released (WAIT FOR THE SUPER DUPER ULTRA VERSION) or complain about having to pay for dlc characters are the people who drop SF games after the first month... I'd eat up any dlc for SF games that provides gameplay content..

alstein

There goes any interest I had.

You're the person they're making this game for- great netcode is the great equalizer for the folks who don't have 50+ pop locals like they do in NY or LA.

If SF is to make the leap into esports, it has to have a solid netcode game.

"The PC version of SF5 is being developed internally," said Capcom's Matt Dahlgren.

"We have to have parity between the PC and PlayStation 4 version, for cross platform play to work, so they will be coming out simultaneously and developed by the same dev team," he said.

For online play, I inquired if they were going to rework the player point and battle point system that was in Street Fighter 4.

Capcom said that yes, it would be changed this time around, but they would have new details to share about that very soon.

Going a bit further, I followed up by asking the team if the online leaderboards for SF5's ranked modes would be global, or if they will be separate for the PC and PS4.

"They will be global, that's part of the purpose of uniting the community, so there is a centralized playerbase, and we can have one unified ranking system," stated Dahlgren.

Closing out the online mode questions, a request we'd heard about frequently was if there would be a rematch option when playing online with just two players.

"We've definitely heard that request, and it will be a discussion point within our company for sure," Dahlgren said.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/...dahlgren-shares-thoughts-eventhubs-community/

alstein

The biggest change I'd want is for BP/PP to only show in ranked mode, and not in player mode.

That would prevent people kicking you because your score is too low or too high- and might help stop the smurf accounts.

Dremark

Banned
Thank you for providing more examples. Yeah, unlike Strider, you could see the rights for Strider.

Aside from that Karin wasn't the only character that was created by that manga author who made it into the Street Fighter canon. Cammy's unit who showed up in her fmvs in SF4 iirc and Evil Ryu were both created by her as well.

The biggest change I'd want is for BP/PP to only show in ranked mode, and not in player mode.

That would prevent people kicking you because your score is too low or too high- and might help stop the smurf accounts.
I also want a different system. I never liked the PP ratio, players who just start out kill your points, even though they might be very competent.

There should be a reward for people that love to play online all the time too, putting in thousands of hours, some nice cosmetic stuff like VF Evolution would be great.

Evilisk

Aside from that Karin wasn't the only character that was created by that manga author who made it into the Street Fighter canon. Cammy's unit who showed up in her fmvs in SF4 iirc and Evil Ryu were both created by her as well.

Are we talking about Delta Red here? I'm pretty sure they were created by Capcom. There's official SF2 era concept art of them by Bengus. And IIRC their first appearance was in one of Cammy's endings from the SF2 games

Skilletor

You mean evil Ryu that's been around since a2, and delta red that goes back to St?

Dremark

Banned
Are we talking about Delta Red here? I'm pretty sure they were created by Capcom. There's official SF2 era concept art of them by Bengus. And IIRC their first appearance was in one of Cammy's endings from the SF2 games

Yeah, I know I read somewhere they were created by Nakahira, I'm assuming in the Cammy manga he did.

That seems kind of unlikely if they were in an SF2 ending. Although it looks like they both came out in 94 so I suppose it's still possible.

Evilisk

Yeah, I know I read somewhere they were created by Nakahira, I'm assuming in the Cammy manga he did.

That seems kind of unlikely if they were in an SF2 ending. Although it looks like they both came out in 94 so I suppose it's still possible.

Not sure on the date but Delta Red are definitely there in Cammy's SSF2 ending. Didn't mean they were in SF2 specifically (that wouldn't make any sense of course)

Dremark

Banned
Not sure on the date but Delta Red are definitely there in Cammy's SSF2 ending. Didn't mean they were in SF2 specifically (that wouldn't make any sense of course)

I never touched Cammy until SF4 to any real extent so I didn't know they existed until then. It seems questionable but we'd have to see dates.

Wow the beta will have online already? I didn't think it would.. pity I only get to play the last day :(

Same, I'm going out of town on the morning of the day it starts and not getting back until midnight the morning of the day it ends. I think it's safe to assume there will be more than one test though.

Dremark

Banned
I don't know why they made him fat though. Needless change imo. Makes him look worse.

The impression I got from the E3 interview I watch with Ono was that it game him more personality.

Honestly I prefer his Alpha look and thought he was fine in that game.

Top Bottom