• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
Well, in theory, the message log notes timestamped messages for awarding fm, character level ups, etc. So that stuff might be tracked even if your survival time isn't.

Exactly, that is tracked for sure. If you clear 10 Nightmare survival in 9 minutes, well, of course there's something wrong.
Anyway I think they'll just roll back FM and maybe give a temporary ban, I doubt they will ban so many users, considering they still plan to release DLCs for the game. The game sold around 180k on PC, even if, let's say, 40k users used the mod, is still a lot of money for Capcom to give up.

Sayad

Reading some things, besides the KNOWN PC exploits, there are...
- A way to buy Paid Costumes with Fight Money
- A way to beat Survival on PS4 without beating it (no Cheevo, but Colors + FM earned); this is how Colors were unlocked for everyone in Major Tournaments, btw

So...yeah.

On PS4? How?!

Lebneney

Banned
Okay I haven't played for a while, but I cannot do a somersault kick whatsoever with Guile. I'm holding down and then pressing up and kick. Am I thinking this wrong? I'm using a controller, but to be honest it feels like this game was built without it in mind. :/

Okay I haven't played for a while, but I cannot do a somersault kick whatsoever with Guile. I'm holding down and then pressing up and kick. Am I thinking this wrong? I'm using a controller, but to be honest it feels like this game was built without it in mind. :/

Is a jump coming out first, or is a kick coming out first?

If it's the former, you're not pressing them both at the same time with up coming out beforehand.

If it's the latter, you're not pressing them both at the same time with kick coming out beforehand.

Also, make sure you've charged adequately, and it's not a fault of the controller as I as well as a lot of players play with the DS4/Pad and have no issues with using any characters, let alone Guile.

Sayad

I'd link to the video but it got taken down by Capcom.

It's really not worth doing IMO as it involves essentially tricking the servers into giving you all the colors and costumes (including the premium ones) which means you're practically stealing. And both Sony and Capcom are going to come down at you. HARD.
Yea, premium costume is too much, I just wanted survival mode colors. This is a much bigger problem for Capcom than RQ.

SFV is definitely one of the most controller friendly 2D fighters atm, but that doesn't make execution completely brainless. You'll still need to practice a lot to make sure you can do it consistently, especially during a match.

Lebneney

Banned
Is a jump coming out first, or is a kick coming out first?

All I'm getting is a neutral jump light kick. Out of curiosity, are you pressing the buttons like you would in a Netherrealm game? Or do I have to do it in some special way?

Also how long am I supposed to hold the back before releasing it to the opposite direction?

Xeteh

All I'm getting is a neutral jump light kick. Out of curiosity, are you pressing the buttons like you would in a Netherrealm game? Or do I have to do it in some special way?

Also how long am I supposed to hold the back before releasing it to the opposite direction?

Guile is a charge character, you have to hold down for a second then hit up and kick. It isn't just down up kick.

A second is a good amount to charge before doing a move.

Hold down for a second then press up+kick at the same time to do a somersault.

Hold back for a second then press forward+punch at the same time to do a sonic boom.

If you hold down+back for a second, then you'll have charge for both a sonic boom and a somersault.

And you gotta press em at the same time.

Lebneney

Banned
Guile is a charge character, you have to hold down for a second then hit up and kick. It isn't just down up kick.

Ohhhhh that's what everyone means when they say charge character. I thought it meant that the character likes to go in and charge at a person.

Thanks a bunch. I'm getting it every time now.

Lebneney

Banned
A second is a good amount to charge before doing a move.

Hold down for a second then press up+kick at the same time to do a somersault.

Hold back for a second then press forward+punch at the same time to do a sonic boom.

If you hold down+back for a second, then you'll have charge for both a sonic boom and a somersault.

And you gotta press em at the same time.

Thank you so much for this. It makes a lot more sense now.

Xeteh

Ohhhhh that's what everyone means when they say charge character. I thought it meant that the character likes to go in and charge at a person.

Thanks a bunch. I'm getting it every time now.

No problem, basically with any charge character you want to be holding down+back every single chance you can. It takes practice.

Xeteh

Lol the way they wrote out the patch notes is pretty hilarious.

Bug: This thing was broken.
Fix: We fixed the thing that was broken.

Steroyd

Months later and I'm still unable to do Alex's trial 7.

It's the Jump > d.HP > s.MP > s.LP > qcf.LP > CA

Any tips other than just "go faster"? I feel like the motion and time to complete it in for s.LP > qcf.LP > qcf.LP is just ridiculous, especially since you have to confirm off the initial s.LP hit.

Practice getting the special move to come out after a light attack, that's the key part and I occasionally struggle with it, but do the qcf move the milisecond after you press st.lp, ignore the jab animation of Alex himself.

And the CA after it, just imagine the first qcf.lp as the first half of the critical art input.

Messing around with juri, seems using her v-trigger to land her super isn't really practical (in her current form).
The most damage I've been able to do with both meters, but for much more effort and risk of dropping, is 468, only ~40 damage more than if you'd land it from her target combo, or ~30 more than if you land it from cmp into "hazanshu" into super.

Both are very easy to confirm, heck her target combo with automatically cancel into super when it's reached the perfect height to hit, you can't actually have it cancel early.

I hope she gets a bit more tools so canceling into trigger for super is worth it.
I kinda feel like she will, because the ex "hazanshu" launches upwards, but you can't follow up to it with anything unless you vtrigger, which isn't worth it at all.

Can't believe how long it's been since the game released and there are still frauds who tactical rage quit in ranked.

I've only had 2 rage quitters that I can remember in the week or so I've been playing. And I've played quite a bit so in my experience the quitting has gone down a lot. The 1st guy I don't think is even a regular quitter. I think the way I played just really annoyed him and he quit because of that(I kept doing that gimimicky tatsu/throw 50/50).

As for the 2nd guy(which was just a few minutes ago), I'm actually pretty disappointed in him. I guess no one is up this late at night so the match making kept putting us against each other. He won the first 2-0, I won the 2nd 2-1, he won the 3rd 2-0, and I was about the win the 4th 2-0 before he quit when I had him dizzied with maybe a 1/3rd of his life left.

This was a Ryu mirror and pretty much played the way I was talking about in my last post. We both have DP's and kept using them against each other to dissuade the other from pressuring. It turned into a game of chicken a lot. We practically took turns saying "come on, do it I dare you". Really annoying match but that's what you get online. Scrubs like me and this guy not giving a fuck.

Zerojul

Fought again a short-haired Ken for the first time. It's disgraceful af.
I think it's a tactic to scare the opponent into making mistakes out of disgust and fear and net them an easy win. It didn't work.

I've only had 2 rage quitters that I can remember in the week or so I've been playing. And I've played quite a bit so in my experience the quitting has gone down a lot. The 1st guy I don't think is even a regular quitter. I think the way I played just really annoyed him and he quit because of that(I kept doing that gimimicky tatsu/throw 50/50).

As for the 2nd guy(which was just a few minutes ago), I'm actually pretty disappointed in him. I guess no one is up this late at night so the match making kept putting us against each other. He won the first 2-0, I won the 2nd 2-1, he won the 3rd 2-0, and I was about the win the 4th 2-0 before he quit when I had him dizzied with maybe a 1/3rd of his life left.

This was a Ryu mirror and pretty much played the way I was talking about in my last post. We both have DP's and kept using them against each other to dissuade the other from pressuring. It turned into a game of chicken a lot. We took practically took turns saying "come on, do it I dare you". Really annoying match but that's what you get online. Scrubs like me and this guy not giving a fuck.
It's definitely gone down but it's still prevalent. I've faced like 6-7 RQers in the last week. I've even faced some in Casual which is just a salt-induced RQ, not a LP preserving RQ.

Still though, it's baffling that almost 6 months later this shit is still going on. I mean there must come a point when one must feel bored just RQing at every loss? Particularly with the better matchmaking.

EDIT: And that last Ryu match you described had me thinking of this:
7OkKDy.gif

Hyun Sai

There are still way too many rage quitters. Their "solution" of the problem reeks of incompetence.

I encounter in one week as many rage quitters I had in my entire 3 years of SFIV.

Oh, yes, because in this game one disconnection = one loss. Doesn't have to be a genius to understand this.

Zerojul

Oh, yes, because in this game one disconnection = one loss. Doesn't have to be a genius to understand this.
I'd really like to have a detailed explanation about why it is so hard to implement this seemingly easy process in SFV. As it stands it makes no sense not to have at least this feature.

KingBroly

Banned
I'd really like to have a detailed explanation about why it is so hard to implement this seemingly easy process in SFV. As it stands it makes no sense not to have at least this feature.

Priorities, probably.

To Capcom's management, the Pro Tour takes precedent above all else because of sponsorships, etc.

Pompadour

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/753412759123927040

And here we go !

EDIT : I'm late to the party obviously :(

Someone should ask for clarity as to what the punishment will be during the panel on Friday, taking care to point all the PS4s used in the biggest SFV tournament of the year used this exploit unlock all the colors for the benefit of the players and stream monsters. That would be hilarious.

I figure the punishment won't be too bad unless they stole the premium costumes. Probably getting your FM wiped.

Marvel

could never
What should I do against a ken's HK Tatsu? it seems to be a weakness of mine, I get hit a lot by it despite being aware and ready.

Trying to anti air it and it is still catching me a fair bit, and if I block it I get HP DP'ed as soon as I try and punish lol.

What should I do against a ken's HK Tatsu? it seems to be a weakness of mine, I get hit a lot by it despite being aware and ready.

Trying to anti air it and it is still catching me a fair bit, and if I block it I get HP DP'ed as soon as I try and punish lol.

Just block it. That shit is just one of the few moves that is incredibly difficult to punish online.

If you have a character with an upper body invincible DP or reversal like Shoryuken, Cannon Spike or Flash Kick, use it to hit him before he lands if he keeps spamming it.

Marvel

could never
So a Ryu mp dp mid air should be the go-to? if I block then I'm pressing no buttons and will try and bait a DP for a cc.

Marvel

could never
Yeah, either hit it before it hits you, or just block.
Thanks.

I'm in silver now and I'm seeing a lot of ken's do it, guess they know it can be a bit of a bitch to deal with online.

Speaking of online, I have been dealing with some weird rollback stuff lately. Throws that are well into the animation only to be teched super late. Getting the dmg sound and part of the hitstun only to be countered and not getting any dmg.

Sometimes basic shit doesn't come out. I'm on a wired connection too

Thanks.

I'm in silver now and I'm seeing a lot of ken's do it, guess they know it can be a bit of a bitch to deal with online.

Speaking of online, I have been dealing with some weird rollback stuff lately. Throws that are well into the animation only to be teched super late. Getting the dmg sound and part of the hitstun only to be countered and not getting any dmg.

Sometimes basic shit doesn't come out. I'm on a wired connection too
I've had that happen too. The rollback gets abnormally intense sometimes, even against players I've been matched up with before and didn't have problems with before.

Hope it's just a temporary thing.

Trickster

No way Capcom goes after everyone who unlocked FM and costume colours with the survival hack. I honestly can't think of a dumber move they could take.

People who unlocked premium costumes without paying however, those I could understand going after.

MrCarter

Well, the people who exploited the game to their advantage know they were not going to get away with it sooner or later so no sympathy from me here. You reap what you sow.

Well, the people who exploited the game to their advantage know they were not going to get away with it sooner or later so no sympathy from me here. You reap what you sow.

Agreed
People act very entitled especially when it comes to video games. People have already stated would no longer play the game if they were punished for their exploitation. I can only imagine the sob stories about how "I just wanted the colors" from people that have 1.5 million in FM from basically cheating. At the end of the day Capcom should just fix the exploit and move on, but I'm not shedding tears if people get punished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom