• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Holy shit, imagine playing Street Fighter V on these beasts at locals.
  • 60fps
  • G-Sync
  • Ultra settings
If only the GTX 1080 laptops weren't so expensive.

I have a 3 year old, 900 euro pc, and I play sf5 maxed out at 1440p, you could easily build a small form factor pc with better than those laptop specs for a fraction of the price if you really wanted something to carry around with you

I wouldn't keep AA on that high because of the motion blur. I hate that they're tied together, honestly.

They aren't, AA isn't the same as post processing.
a880dd3f00.jpg

JayEH

When Ibuki is in her summer outfit and does her win pose she does the animation to take off the mask but nothing comes off lmao. Idk why capcom made animations specifically tied to the default outfits.

Palom

Not sure if I should ask in the PSN thread instead, but I have my PS4 privacy settings set to only receive messages from friends. However, someone (who obviously isn't on my friends list) sent me a salty message and it came through. How do I stop it from being able to receive these garbage messages?

no ragequits last session. i think people have a little more respect now.

don't know why i lose to some alex spamming lariat and hk. then beat some dude that plays like a normal person with almost 2k more than me. i also tend to eat jump ins when people jump 2 or 3x in succession. why would you hop around like that.

KingBroly

Banned
I have a 3 year old, 900 euro pc, and I play sf5 maxed out at 1440p, you could easily build a small form factor pc with better than those laptop specs for a fraction of the price if you really wanted something to carry around with you

They aren't, AA isn't the same as post processing.
a880dd3f00.jpg

It's been a long time since I looked at settings, so I forgot. Still hate the blur though.

Anyways, as recommended, I turned off v-sync for this in the Nvidia Control Panel since v-sync is on in-engine, and I'm getting screen tearing now for some reason.

Holy shit, imagine playing Street Fighter V on these beasts at locals.
  • 60fps
  • G-Sync
  • Ultra settings
If only the GTX 1080 laptops weren't so expensive.

I'll probably get one of these for "work" and give my currenty XPS to an employee. I just wish we could get 144hz laptops because it's hard to go back to 60fps games. Fighters aside.

I'll probably get one that isn't 4k as the 1080 laptops are at such a high premium and I'd like better battery life.

He was great fun to play and I love everything about his design, I just don't think I was utilizing his tools correctly so I was getting overly frustrated with his horrible wakeup game. Two huge things I'm noticing that were lacking from my gameplan were V-Trigger utilization and spamming the ever loving hell out of his lariat.

I still need to do more than parry into ex suplex. I too am leaving so much damage off the table.

He was great fun to play and I love everything about his design, I just don't think I was utilizing his tools correctly so I was getting overly frustrated with his horrible wakeup game. Two huge things I'm noticing that were lacking from my gameplan were V-Trigger utilization and spamming the ever loving hell out of his lariat.

Yeah his wakeup is almost non-existent. I tend to get trapped for a bit if its constant jumps/crossups. Best thing is use that meter and ex Knee Drop, ex Elbow, or v-reversal to reset the momentum and get your spacing back.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I get hit by every single wake-up super from Alex players because his options are so bad that I go in after every knockdown. We will probably see more of them in the future. I see many matches were they would win rounds.

unless you want the Ryu statue and a 1 month subscription to Capcom Fighters' twitch channel, the collector's edition doesn't have anything special over the regular edition

Are you aware of how light the game is on single player content? If you are, or that doesn't bother you, then you got yourself a great deal.

No, its been on sale multiple times before.

Oh okay cool! All I want to do is fight mofos and get gud lol.

I remember them saying all of the characters they add will be free. Is this true? Thanks for the help, y'all!

Practicing Ryu's jab as an AA. Can it link to anything when somebody is jumping at you?
Link like combo from an AA? No. The jab will reset the airborne opponent and you can go in for a throw or pressure with normals or dash and switch sides etc...

Jab being used as a AA is probably not a design choice though so I wouldn't rely on it as your sole solution. Shotos DP as AA is always the best unless you want to reset and go for a mixup.

Pompadour

That's stretching it a bit I'd say. At least 2, maybe 3. Maybe.

If you use that FM on more characters it's doable. If you have a decent level of execution then you can do trials in a day, easy. The biggest thing to overcome us grinding Easy and Normal Survival.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Oh okay cool! All I want to do is fight mofos and get gud lol.

I remember them saying all of the characters they add will be free. Is this true? Thanks for the help, y'all!

If you're in it to fight other people then you're probably gonna have a good experience.

Pro tip: When you set your matchmaking preferences, set it to "ask" when you find a match. That way you can see how many bars (5 is best) the connection will supposedly be. You need to do this because the filtering is not flawless and even if you set it to "5 only" you'll occasionally get lower quality connections. This method isn't foolproof either because 5 bar connections don't always turn out to be perfect, but at least you'll avoid some obvious bad connections.

Re: characters
If you only spend your fight money on characters, you should easily be able to get all 6. You'll want to hit character story modes for the quickest easiest FM, then easy survival, the cinematic story mode will net you 80,000 from two playthroughs, and trials for most characters aren't too crazy unless you've never played SF before. Normal survival should put you over the top but it's a pretty annoying mode. I've only beaten it with maybe 6 or 8 characters and I've still got enough money to buy everyone from season 1.

On the other hand, since you got a good deal on the base game, you could buy the season pass and save all that fight money for next season's characters or stages and colors and costumes. That's probably what I'd have done if I had got the base game for under 30.

If you're in it to fight other people then you're probably gonna have a good experience.

Pro tip: When you set your matchmaking preferences, set it to "ask" when you find a match. That way you can see how many bars (5 is best) the connection will supposedly be. You need to do this because the filtering is not flawless and even if you set it to "5 only" you'll occasionally get lower quality connections. This method isn't foolproof either because 5 bar connections don't always turn out to be perfect, but at least you'll avoid some obvious bad connections.

Re: characters
If you only spend your fight money on characters, you should easily be able to get all 6. You'll want to hit character story modes for the quickest easiest FM, then easy survival, the cinematic story mode will net you 80,000 from two playthroughs, and trials for most characters aren't too crazy unless you've never played SF before. Normal survival should put you over the top but it's a pretty annoying mode. I've only beaten it with maybe 6 or 8 characters and I've still got enough money to buy everyone from season 1.

On the other hand, since you got a good deal on the base game, you could buy the season pass and save all that fight money for next season's characters or stages and colors and costumes. That's probably what I'd have done if I had got the base game for under 30.

Normal survival is easier than some of the characters higher level trials.
You can exploit the AI and win with basics/fundamentals most of the time on normal survival where as if you cannot manage the execution on something like Juri's trial 10 or Karin's trial 6, you'll be hard pressed to even mash it out.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Normal survival is easier than some of the characters higher level trials.
Maybe in a few cases but I'm factoring in how much of a waste of time it is to lose in the last 5 rounds of normal survival.

Edit: hey Brett I'm bailing on the lounge. I don't have enough time to spectate. We should play sometime though. I'm adding you.

Mediking

I finally finished Story Mode and while it was a mess at times... there was some cool moments.... but can we please talk about Ryu? The man has reached Super Saiyan levels of strength and power now.

I finally finished Story Mode and while it was a mess at times... there was some cool moments.... but can we please talk about Ryu? The man has reached Super Saiyan levels of strength and power now.

That's what happens when you have a character in which his hobby consists of training literally all day lol.

Ryu's earned it at this point.

Top Bottom