• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Mizerman

I don't get the crackers joke, and I post frequently here pretty often. Meh...

Not only is the Tokido one better, but it's less vulgar and off putting to women, probably not a lot that frequent here, but still...

BEC is a term meaning that everything about something or someone annoys you, even to the point of just being downright petty.

I guess it's kinda negative anyway, more reason for folk to bitch about V more if we legitimize it.

We're not exactly dealing with rational actors most of the time, though I get your point.

And might make more sense if all the rumors are true. lol

I expect a slew of posts along the lines of "LOL I knew they'd release another version! Typical capcpom! I would buy this but it's about $15 more than I'm willing to pay. Maybe when the final version comes out I'll be willing to bite."

Pompadour

I expect a slew of posts along the lines of "LOL I knew they'd release another version! Typical capcpom! I would buy this but it's about $15 more than I'm willing to pay. Maybe when the final version comes out I'll be willing to bite."

You're right. I believe in March 2016 I said if Capcom announced Arcade Mode eventually people would post "too late". Lo and behold, the rumor thread from yesterday. There's no winning.

I suggest we move to Xrd's thread until the next OT is ready, pretty sure no one would notice.
8e7.gif

VariantX

You're right. I believe in March 2016 I said if Capcom announced Arcade Mode eventually people would post "too late". Lo and behold, the rumor thread from yesterday. There's no winning.

8e7.gif

Well, its the pretty much nearly same exact shit in FFXV threads. Every time squenix does an update of any kind, even if its part of the already announced season pass, you get similar comments. Its not even about whether or not the game is improved or not with the update, its all about hurt feelings about whether or not you were happy with the game at launch or not. The thread no longer serves its intended puprose because some people insist on guiding all discussion to that subject no matter what the context of the thread is.

Its one thing to question whether it will have the intended effect of bolstering sales and awareness for the title at this point, its another to leave garbage-water at-the-bottom-of-the-dumpster-tier posts every time you see a thread with SFV in it and see red. Every single thread that involves the game is not about hurt feelings about a bad launch. And people feeling they have to defend the game at every turn are not helping either, engaging with low effort drive by posts kills any potential the thread has just as badly as people going out of their way to shit post in them.

Its getting close to impossible to have productive discussion, critiques and criticisms included, on gaming side.

kirblar

Yup.

Continuous F2P complaints (not legit issues) are similar- they come from people who'd never spend a dime.

guile is almost impossible for abigail. so frustrating

You basically want to stay midrange and catch those fireballs. Really hard to walk that fuck in a corner though, but I've practiced my spacing enough so that if they feel like attempting to get out I get to aa them. Feels so good once you get in.

Yup.

Continuous F2P complaints (not legit issues) are similar- they come from people who'd never spend a dime.

"WTF, $5 a character? What a ripoff!"
"Well, you can play the game and earn the character for free."
"Now I have to grind? This game is terrible!"

It seriously sounds like that "millennial" shit I hear about all the time.

Producer

GG's. It's a lot more fun when people know how to punish Abigails nonsense, lol. I have no idea what Kolin is doing. :S

GGs, i should really know way more than i currently do lol. Still dont know what i should do when he does that ex run. And that rolling low attack (his sweep?) is too damn fast to react for me :/

about kolin, im just pressing every button and doing every special lol. I took her out of retirement specifically for abigail

joe2187

Banned

"greedy capcom, why do I have to pay for a character when they should have been in the game in the first place!"

"Typical F2P bullshit, making people grind just to buy $6 worth of DLC! What's the point!? I could just buy a pizza instead"

"Dragon Bal...."

kirblar

"greedy capcom, why do I have to pay for a character when they should have been in the game in the first place!"

"Typical F2P bullshit, making people grind just to buy $6 worth of DLC! What's the point!? I could just buy a pizza instead"

"Dragon Bal...."
They can't buy a pizza because they have to ask their mom for the credit card.

mbpm1

GGs, i should really know way more than i currently do lol. Still dont know what i should do when he does that ex run. And that rolling low attack (his sweep?) is too damn fast to react for me :/

about kolin, im just pressing every button and doing every special lol. I took her out of retirement specifically for abigail

You gonna keep Kolining?

Mizerman

"Dragon Bal...."

"I'm just asking questions."

MCD250

Just realized playing against people on the arcades via online would be crazy town
Cherry on top will be when Capcom announces that since the arcade version has constantly availabe online play, it doesn't really need an aracde mode and the mode gets canceled.

Renkax

Hey guys first time in the thread :) just got SFV on Pc and I was wondering those of you who use mods in SFV, where can I download them ? I've seen a Cool zero suit Samus outfit and any tips on using Juri?:)

Hey guys first time in the thread :) just got SFV on Pc and I was wondering those of you who use mods in SFV, where can I download them ? I've seen a Cool zero suit Samus outfit and any tips on using Juri?:)
Check out r/StreetFighterMods and r/ModFighters on reddit. There's also the SFxTmods forum (the one that gives Chrome a false positive for phishing) and the StreetModders group on DeviantArt.

The best mod manager to use is PMM, found on the SFxTmods forum.

Neoxon

They basically expect everything to be free. Just because one fighting games does it (ARMS) doesn't mean they all should. Nintendo probably budgeted in the DLC characters with the base game in that case. As for Overwatch, the loot boxes probably make up for the lack of character revenue (plus you need every character in a team-based shooter).

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Make sure to get the U LOAD FAST mod. Just rename the extension from .PAK to .pak otherwise it wont work in PMM.

LINK

VariantX

They basically expect everything to be free. Just because one fighting games does it (ARMS) doesn't mean they all should. Nintendo probably budgeted in the DLC characters with the base game in that case. As for Overwatch, the loot boxes probably make up for the lack of character revenue (plus you need every character in a team-based shooter).

Nintendo likely also has a metric fuck ton more money than Capcom does at their disposal. They still get a cut for every new piece of hardware and software sold on both 3DS and Switch, and they now have mobile revenue coming in. They've probably got plenty of sources of income to subsidize games like Splatoon and Arms with extra content, so I wouldn't be surprised at all that they're playing the long game to get those hardware unit sales up as high as possible so they can start getting revenue from their incoming online service in 2018.

Top Bottom