• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Oh yeah, by the way, Sneaks was the one who said the SF Anni is coming in October. This is prior to the second retailer leak which cites an October release.

So either he's really good at guessing, or homeboy actually knows what's up.

Unfortunately that is not conclusive. That Finnish site was up the same time as the German site. I know because I googled for the product description + changed in the last week, when the thread first popped up. However, I didn't notice that there was a release date, or I would have posted about it.

You improve the neutral by nerfing the dashes lol

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. They're not going to adjust every characters normals to improve neutral. So the easy answer is to nerf dashes, Universally make everybody's dashes at least 2 or 3 frames slower. And I'm going to keep advocating for nerfing the pressure in this game so that would force people to play more neutral because they can't win off a knockdown as easily as they can now.

I'm no fan of the stubby and slow normals in this game. But we're not seeing the return of fast long range normals. I can deal with that. I just want to spend more chances to win with these shitty normals instead of deciding whether I should EX DP, tech, or block on wake up.

But do you know how Menat plays? That's all I care about. :p
Nada.

I have no idea why, but I have this really odd feeling that Menat will be my kind of character. As in she'll fit perfectly for me like Urien did.

She also has feets like Juri so...

capcops are on to turbanator already
I just need to learn to ask before I open my fat fucking mouth pretty much. Assumed way too much from "Mr. S" and thought that being cool with a few drops meant "tell everybody everything without any consideration".

mbpm1

Nada.

I have no idea why, but I have this really odd feeling that Menat will be my kind of character. As in she'll fit perfectly for me like Urien did.

She also has feets like Juri so...

So what you're saying is, she'll be footsie based, and mobile.

Ucchedavāda;245164737 said:
Unfortunately that is not conclusive. That Finnish site was up the same time as the German site. I know because I googled for the product description + changed in the last week, when the thread first popped up. However, I didn't notice that there was a release date, or I would have posted about it.

Better pop in Kendrick Lamar's new album.

Damn.

I don't care I still believe.

Skilletor

By exploiting the flaws of Sfv's mechanics.

lGfVcMF.png

Simple: get trash internet.

Back in "rumor" mode mighty quick.

That Haggar thing was a big assumption on my part. What I was told was that Gief would get a full Haggar skin rather than just the outfit like SFIV, and I thought it meant a Premium Skin kinda thing, but apparently not.

Also, V-Cancelling is still a back-and-forth thing behind the scenes. It seems they're still testing it and trying their best to make it a completely different thing from FADCs, but if they can't, it's getting dumped.

JusDoIt

I really hate the idea of Roman Cancels/FADCs/whatever cancels in SFV, but I'll put up with them happily if everything else is true.

vulva

I lost faith with Nash. Everything about him is working hard to get result and one simple mistake or using up all my turn is enough to lose. And his V-trigger isn't great either when its just some teleport that is useless outside of combos and punishing a projectile.

Meanwhile with Karin, I went from getting almost perfected by a Bison to winning by pressing jab. I felt nothing after that. It was all because of the character that made the comeback happened not the player.

I was just playing Tekken 7 with Asuka and ran into a Leo who did nothing but wait in react. So what I did wax throw in a jab 1 and then 3 and chip away his health. So he tried ducking to block the 3 and what I did next was do a hop kick for a juggle. After that I started to mix it up and 3-1 him.

The only time I felt like I'm outplaying was fighting PR Rog yesterday. In the first two games I faced him I was in control in the first two round but made one small mistake and it went from fighting PR Rog to just Balrog when he activated V-trigger. Frustration kicked in and lost all four games against him.

The morale of the story is that I'm fighting the character more than the player.
I didn't read any of this but you're the problem, you need to sell your game and quit forever

Clearly not what I'm saying. I just don't see how the answer to "How do we make SFV more watchable?" is "Make it play more like Guilty Gear."
I think it's a response to the #1 complaint of SFV being execution and individuality. There's little freedom in the game, and many players feel the game is less fun because there's no way to express themselves. Daigo recently mentioned this.

Roman Cancels are one of the most freeform mechanics in GG, and offensive FADCs were what made many of SFIV's combos so cool to watch. I've been saying on other sites that a RRC is what this game needs to solve it's "every player feels the same" problem.

JusDoIt

I think it's a response to the #1 complaint of SFV being execution and individuality. There's little freedom in the game, and many players feel the game is less fun because there's no way to express themselves. Daigo recently mentioned this.

Roman Cancels are one of the most freeform mechanics in GG, and offensive FADCs were what made many of SFIV's combos so cool to watch. I've been saying on other sites that a RRC is what this game needs to solve it's "every player feels the same" problem.

3S juggles. Just bring those back, fam. Everybody can be happy here.

Actually, way back when Kira dug up the Spain stage in the files, he also said he found data for a second story mode. There was also a recent renaming on Steam of the mode from something like "General Story Mode" (definitively saying that it was the story mode) to "Cinematic Story Expansion" (leaving the possibility of future expansions open). Could we be seeing this soon?

Edit 1:

Edit 2: The change was two months ago, from "STREET FIGHTER V General Story "A Shadow Falls"" to "Street Fighter® V - A Shadow Falls (Cinematic Story Expansion)". It went from something very specific and final to a name that possibly leaves more to the future.

Poongko Abigail vs Chris T Ken in a first to 10. Really entertaining set:
https://www.twitch.tv/poongkotv

Roman cancels would fix the spectator issue the game has.

What spectator issue is that, exactly?

There are far flashier games out now (some with actual roman cancels), yet SF is still the one with the most views for tourneys. I mean, EVO SF5 just got finished achieving record breaking viewership a few weeks ago.
(Even T7's honeymoon period has died down on twitch in terms of casual stream viewership, and tourney viewership doesn't compare to SF5)

Adding more complicated mechanics could achieve the OPPOSITE of increasing viewership if things become too difficult to understand. I feel BB, GG, and even Marvel can suffer from that problem sometimes.

remz

Poongko Abigail vs Chris T Ken in a first to 10. Really entertaining set:
https://www.twitch.tv/poongkotv

What spectator issue is that, exactly?

There are far flashier games out now (some with actual roman cancels), yet SF is still the one with the most views for tourneys. I mean, EVO SF5 just got finished achieving record breaking viewership a few weeks ago.

(Even T7's honeymoon period has died down on twitch in terms of casual stream viewership, and tourney viewership doesn't compare to SF5)
The issue is whiny nerds that nerd to jerk off over complex combos can't pop a stiffy over streams anymore

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Actually, way back when Kira dug up the Spain stage in the files, he also said he found data for a second story mode. There was also a recent renaming on Steam of the mode from something like "General Story Mode" (definitively saying that it was the story mode) to "Cinematic Story Expansion" (leaving the possibility of future expansions open). Could we be seeing this soon?

Edit 1:

Edit 2: The change was two months ago, from "STREET FIGHTER V General Story "A Shadow Falls"" to "Street Fighter® V - A Shadow Falls (Cinematic Story Expansion)". It went from something very specific and final to a name that possibly leaves more to the future.

I've been wanting this! Add a bunch of character and make a second story mode that includes them.

joe2187

Banned
Im fine with anybody they add to SFV, I've already got all the characters in SFV I've liked in the series pretty much anyway.

The only thing I'd want from now is just a new Final Fight or Saturday Morning slammasters game.

mbpm1

Any roman cancels that made it into this game would be wack anyway

V-cancelling a fireball probably wouldn't be safe on block, let alone end in combos

Sayad

3S juggles. Just bring those back, fam. Everybody can be happy here.
Even in 3s like half the cast barely get anything, if at all, out of 3s juggle system, that's definitely not going to fix the lack of variety in a game not built around it from the start!

kirblar

Isn't V-Trigger activation a form of Roman Cancel anyway?
Yeah, a hypothetical "V-Cancel" is just letting you do the V-Trigger cancel more often (without getting the associated bonus.)

I don't know that the game actually needs an aggressive mechanic like that right now though!

Top Bottom