• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Systems Trailer and hands-on impressions

Jamie OD

l_55753d660e87184szf.jpg

l_55753d61960fbjhs7r.jpg

l_55753d6f4e2d5qzs4c.jpg

l_55753d6a8fe45fysbl.jpg

l_55753d53cb651nvsm6.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201506/12080335.html

Hot damn!

So Nash and Bison's V-Skills are useless if they don't fight against fireball characters?
Charlie's V-Skill is also a life-stealing grab. Bison seems to be able to use it on normals as well? "M.Bison uses his Psycho Power to absorb any normal projectile or attack coming his way"

VS screen look beautiful. Chun-Li has a pretty face once again. Good stuff overall.

Slightly confused with Ryu's parry. Does that mean holding MP+MK and then parrying like normal, or is just an temp parry mode activation?

Bison's dashing teleports in VT sounds pretty great.

Really liking what I've seen/read so far.

Edit: Interesting that Charlie and Chun now have QCF motions. Chun's legs sounds Marvel-ish, but it's interesting this is now QCF in a mainline SF game.

RyudBoy

Charlie's V-Skill is also a life-stealing grab. Bison seems to be able to use it on normals as well? "M.Bison uses his Psycho Power to absorb any normal projectile or attack coming his way"

Yeah, I just read the attack part. Missed it initially.

That's what I was wondering. I mean, Ryu's just sounds way better overall. I hope they do a good job of balancing the V-Skills.

Yeah Ryu is gonna be beastly. Of course, that's who I'll be using.

Cade

VS screen look beautiful. Chun-Li has a pretty face once again. Good stuff overall.

Slightly confused with Ryu's parry. Does that mean holding MP+MK and then parrying like normal, or is just an temp parry mode activation?

Bison's dashing teleports in VT sounds pretty great.

Really liking what I've seen/read so far.

I assume it's like Yatagarasu where you just tap MP+MK at the same moment that you would tap forward in SF3

Looks like the Critical Art moves replace them.

I don't get why people are referring to Critical Arts as an Ultra replacement. From what I understand, it's just a super move? The gauge mechanics are the same: EX stocks and full bar for super, carries over between rounds??

FinKL

From what I understand Ryu enters his V-trigger mode (MP+MK) gains the ability to parry for a limited amount of time.

"From what I understand Ryu enters his V-trigger mode (MP+MK) gains the ability to parry for a limited amount of time."

From the SRK article it seems as though V-Trigger activation is HP+HK which gives the special properties like extra hits, teleport dash, etc. V-Reversals are alpha counters that use a stock of the V-meter. V-Skills (MP+MK) don't use the meter at all and can be done whenever?

Top Bottom