• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck

Still without luck
Free 3

Awesome Awesome Awesome.
Gao sucks big time though, the less of her one-dimentioness the better.

edit: Hmm, since I never go into detail on my feelings on these since my quick takeaway has been "love this show, fuck that girl", I will.

I really like how Rei's character uses the math and science of sports to improve himself and take an advantage in what he does, but at the same time doesn't let his love for the beauty and wonder of the sport and the athleticism needed to pull it vanish in the process. I can see him being a guy that just preforms for numbers on paper or just for the display he puts on, but that he's doing both makes it so cool to see.

Nagisa was really great this episode. So many cute moments and unexpectedly he seems like the perfect pair for Rei.

Makoto and Haru were in the background for the most part, but they still kept on being them...or whatever.

Also I guess this leaves the pairing uneven. Rei & Nagisa, Makoto & Haru, and Rin & ______. I guess
that boy in that photo from episode 2
could be his?

Can't wait for next week.

CorvoSol

Sins of a Cashew 4

LOOK! A WEIRD PERSON!

And her name is Sasorina Sophita. Who loves fighting and referring to herself in third person. Friender left Cashew after realizing he couldn't break him, and more people want his protein, but for once
no one died, Sophita still lives!

First person to get through his shell.

Having you watch this show at the same time as me makes me feel some kinda pressure to make sure you don't get ahead of me or something, haha.

Having you watch this show at the same time as me makes me feel some kinda pressure to make sure you don't get ahead of me or something, haha.

I'm just keeping your pace. Otherwise Sailor Moon is my primary focus since it's longer. Besides, you starting forced my hand.

CorvoSol

I thought he was Zero, not Mega Man. And in any case the colour palette is closer to X.

Mega Man Zero. I mean, the setting is obviously Mega Man Zero, as is the actual character. The design looks like X, true, but without the helmet on that hair is classic Mega Man. Since all three characters are Mega Men as per ZX, then I will refer interchangeably between Zero and Mega Man.

Also I'm preeeetty sure there was a character in an earlier episode who had Sigma's chin.

I'm just keeping your pace. Otherwise Sailor Moon is my primary focus since it's longer. Besides, you starting forced my hand.

Some day I need to rewatch things like Sailor Moon that I haven't seen since the butchered Cartoon Network versions.

Some day I need to rewatch things like Sailor Moon that I haven't seen since the butchered Cartoon Network versions.

Watching Sailor Moon in its original form is like a treat, especially when it comes to finding things that would surprise you since it's a Magical girl anime (on top of their other properties of its elk).

Cashew Sins 5

3FJRn.jpg
3FJZK.jpg

Of course Cashew is a masochist, it takes a lot to break his shell, and doing badly at it will do damage to you.

There were inconsistencies for me, mainly Cashew ripping off the head of a robot was a bad thing, yet here we are punching kids into a cieling and crushing their skulls on screen.

And RINGO IS HERE AGAIN! And a new bad guy appears! Who we will call Walnut.

EDIT: My headache gets stronger each time I hear THE SUN NAMED MOON THE SUN NAMED MOON THE SUN NAMED MOON. Kill me please.

wonzo

Banned
Blood Lad 2

bloodlad2.jpg

best girl finally here hell yeah

Hmm, I wasn't really feeling this episode at all. It felt like it was doing things by the books as it wasn't particularly engaging at all. It also doesn't help that the animation was incredibly inconsistent, ranging from these nicely animated bits to fucking motion tweened bullshit. :/

Oh well, next episode should have a p. nice fight scene unless Brains Base drop the ball again.

cnet128

Banned
You're already trying to guess the content of an episode by the title ? this is not cool .your viewing of yes precure will be quite bland then

I'm not trying, it's just obvious. Not quite as bad as the episode near the end of Splash Star where
shortly before Gohyarn was revealed as the real Big Bad, the episode title was all "WHO IS REALLY PULLING THE STRINGS?! *nudge nudge wink wink*"
, but even so.

With the episode previews, I generally try to avert my eyes when they come up, because shockingly I don't want to see all the major scenes of the next episode before I watch it (this time sadly I slipped up and caught a glimpse of transformed-Karen), but with the episode titles it just feels wrong not to read them when they come up, even if they are going to be spoilertastic 90% of the time.

Well, I mean, they were cathartic in G Gundam, and the way Sugou went for them in the end of Sword Art Online makes them at least seem appetizing.

But Sugou doesn't even have good taste in tears! Everybody knows Suguha's are the most delicious!
I have seen at least one doujin where Sugou goes after the right girl, so that's something. I don't think there were any tears involved, though.

Astral Ocean 15

So I get that Naru's body is fusing with Coral (which is a stupid idea), but like, why does this give her two little horns in exactly the coolest spots?

I seem to recall this is actually given something of an "explanation" later on, in what is probably the legit best little moment of the series.

fertygo

Votoms 39

I swear everytime we see that kind of face model (different than usual) its mean we got great episode.. Are the episode director is good for these eps? (eps 30, 39, n I think some key eps in kummen arc have this face model) anyone could check?

Btw yeah its fantastic episode as expected from the showdown between two rival.

I usually skipped straight to the next episode of Precure once the credits roll by.

Unfortunately I feel obligated to check them out for Doki.

cnet128

Banned
I usually skipped straight to the next episode of Precure once the credits roll by.

Unfortunately I feel obligated to check them out for Doki.

Oh, I can't skip OPs or EDs for anything. That's just disgusting and wrong.

...Even though the OP for Yes! Precure 5 is awful.

CorvoSol

Always thought Mega Man was Astro Boy. Minus the flying part, I mean.

How was that Astro Boy movie from a while ago anyway?

Well now Mega Man Zero is Casshern. It's about a human/robot badass warrior in a postapocalyptic wasteland he created fighting other robots on end until who knows what happens.

But Sugou doesn't even have good taste in tears! Everybody knows Suguha's are the most delicious!
I have seen at least one doujin where Sugou goes after the right girl, so that's something. I don't think there were any tears involved, though.

Suguha's tears were too salty. Since Asuna is the perfect waifu, she only weeps sweet water.

I seem to recall this is actually given something of an "explanation" later on, in what is probably the legit best little moment of the series.

When Astral Ocean explains things, I get scared. Because those explanations always bring me one step closer to Truth, and he's basically the worst thing to happen to Eureka Seven like, ever.

Almost saw a guy get gored by an elk the other day. There was a group of them grazing and they were already kinda being aggressive and this dude walked up into their faces with his camera.

cajunator

Banned
If an episode of Watamote isn't making me want to jump out a window, it's not doing its job.

:lol

I was wondering why Watamote made certain people uncomfortable by being too relatable until I saw her stare at her phone in fear, unsure of the mysterious noise it was making as she received a call.

ibhMWFcRbJGoDV.gif

I like reading how this show affects various people but unfortunately it hasn't "hit" yet for me personally.
I hope I can relate to some of it more.

Chuck

Still without luck
Neither do I. But the show has actually been entertaining and well written, which surprised me.

Written by the Maou Sama guy Series Composition-er. It's no wonder it's so fun. :)

edit: whatever that means...he's also Series Compositioning Free!.

Tales of Titillation

Unbenanntsdfdsf.png

A morbid curiosity got me...how long does the history of Hentai go back? Well appearently the first Hentai ever was released in the mid 80's, and in the 80's they are about 10 or so.
They are very different from Hentai today. It's not straight fucking, and focus on the genital part. They are very very softcore, with a barebone presentation, and with story. Most of is implied (fruits exploding for ejucalation, cucumber goes into hole, psychedelic backgrounds for pleasure, sillhoutes for genitals). It's interresting to watch tough, seeing the 80's retro artstyle sexually depicted, it is just unusual.

Well this one are adapted stories from the manga artist "U-Jin", one of those h-manga artists who draw really...wierd kinky stories, and are very humorous.

The first OVA are 4 stories. The first being about little kids that fumble around a teenage girl's vagina with branches in the playpark, a perv that builds girl puppets sees this, and does the same pretending to be a kid.
The second story, is about a Pizza delivery guy who has to deliver a pizza to the top floor. The pizza has to be delivered in 30 minutes or it will be free. To combat this, the girls in the building throw themselfs in front of him, masturbating and being sexy. The guy get's all kinds of nosebleeds falls from stairs etc.
The third story is a godzilla like battle between a mahou shoujo girl and a perverted giant salarymen. The man jacks off to her with his toxic semen that damages tokyo. One highlight includes him fucking a building and killing people in the process, and other men jacking under the giant mahou shoujo's skirt
The fourth story is about some chinese girl who can get guys to get a errection with magic.

The second OVA has 2 stories about salarymen. One is about someone who accidently get's his cock sucked on the train when girls fall asleep and are behind the paper he is reading.
The 2nd story is about someone who get's tricked into buying a flower from a girl who get's him into a dark corner. For every match he can let hin fire to watch her pussy, he pays 10 dollars. He wastes his entire money, and burns his entire clothes when the matches run out.

The third OVA are 9 stories "describing the sexuality of Japan". Highlights include: a Tennis trainer who ties up one of the girls eyes and jacks of under her skirt, and a guy building a humanoid girl to save the world, however he get's turned too often by her and ends up having sex with her all the time. In the end he started to mass-producde these for man's pleasure.

Everything is presented with a comical style and heavily exaggarated, and as I said very very softcore, with only nipples being the most revealing thing. It's just hilarity with a very sexual punch.

It's one of the wierdest things I have ever seen and I'm suprised it hasn't hit ironic cult status.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot one story. It's about a giant muscular black man who boasts about being too muscular to be stitched by a needle by a doctor. The nurse uses her sexuality to change that...

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Squid Girl S2 7

Huh...strange that the whole
amnesia
segment didn't get a real "ending". I guess the punchline was that
Squid Girl doesn't remember Sanae at all
? Weird.

Also, :lol @ Squid Girl's reaction to the
toilet made out of old Robo-Squid Girl heads

Acosta

Watched Blood Lad 1, not sure if I want to keep watching, it did nothing for me, neither the characters, the setting or the story interested me. I may watch the second one to make sure I don't drop it too fast, but I don't think I will keep watching this.

After that I decided I wanted to watch a great shonen so I man up and retook my idea of watchin the 2011 version of Hunter X Hunter. I'm hesitant to take long series because it will take a long time to catch up, and in the case of Hunter X Hunter I already watched a lot of episodes of the original, so knowing part of the story makes watching the first arcs a bit boring, but whatever. Looking good, really eager to get to the part where I left (forced, the TV that showed that dropped it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom