• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summon Night 5 |OT| Swordcraft Strategy

hesho

while victor did mention the box is just a "shipping" box... is it really though? When you buy an LE version of a game, normally there is a box that contains all the LE items. I don't see how this is any different so to me, it isn't a shipping box but a box that is holding everything to be "sold". That is just how i see it anyway.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I got mine in canada! How do I see what variant? Where's the a or b or whatever printed

while victor did mention the box is just a "shipping" box... is it really though? When you buy an LE version of a game, normally there is a box that contains all the LE items. I don't see how this is any different so to me, it isn't a shipping box but a box that is holding everything to be "sold". That is just how i see it anyway.

When you buy an LE you pay an LE price for your LE box. In this case you got a free, but fancy shipping box, not an LE one.

Got mine.
Why the fuck did they put the shipping label on top of the art on the box?

It's a shipping box (that happens to look a bit fancier than your average shipping box). The shipping label is where it always is on a shipping box.

Tamanator

My package arrived safely in Australia today. Thanks Victor. Completely forgot that I bought it, so it was a welcome surprise.

Here's how the package looks after German customs and postal service are done with it ;_;
Not bitching, just thought I'd show it.

G3jfmQ9.jpg

MsgZQm0.jpg

Somehow the package only took 7 days to get here, that's very fast.

NeOak

Couldn't he have done some kind of outer cardboard cover, or something removable to prevent that?

He already said why not

Brazil is one of the high theft/loss countries where I'm considering an outer box. It's typically a high theft/loss country on the last few games we did, and this will be an even bigger target. There are only a handful of countries in this class we've had problems with in the past, and we're already losing money on international shipping due to the weight, so I only want to add even more weight if absolutely necessary.

tauke

I still yet to received mine although I'm not in a hurry to play it.

Hopefully my package do survive the trip...

Here's how the package looks after German customs and postal service are done with it ;_;
Not bitching, just thought I'd show it.

Managed to remove all of the stickers without any residue. Much easier than I thought. Use a hairdryer with medium warm air and baaarely pull, without any force. Just let it slowly peel off. Took ~10 minutes.

Can't get the marker off without removing the art, so this is as good as it gets!

Mine just arrived today (Rural Queensland Australia). Box is a little beaten up but still quiet pretty. The custom's sticker is the biggest thing.

From Puerto Rico here, the package arrived today and to my surprise the shipping box was in perfect condition, I wasn't going to keep it but now I will.

Bowl0l

didn't receive my L.E. yet from gaijinworks.
i chose Standard Shipping, $12.00

if compared to shipping speed of
Amazon:
ordered an item from Amazon
on Sat, Apr 30
Columbia, SC, US
and i just received it today
on Mon, May 9
Malaysia

AmazonGlobal Expedited Shipping
Shipping and handling:
$22.98

Amazon:
on Sat, Apr 30
Columbia, SC, US
on Mon, May 9
Malaysia

Shipping and handling:
$22.98

Well that's because you've got standard shipping from Gaijinworks matched against Amazon's Expedited Shipping. Of course the times are gonna be radically different between those.
Just gotta wait it out.

Amazon:
on Sat, Apr 30
Columbia, SC, US
on Mon, May 9
Malaysia

Shipping and handling:
$22.98

Everyone loses if you compare them to amazon shipping lol

Bowl0l

Well that's because you've got standard shipping from Gaijinworks matched against Amazon's Expedited Shipping. Of course the times are gonna be radically different between those.
Just gotta wait it out.
Nov 2015, i chose standard shipping from Amazon and i didn't receive my package. Finally Amazon have to resend another package to me after 2 months.
Shipping & Handling: $9.98

now i regret choosing standard shipping.

please note that Summon Night L.E. was my 1st time using Standard Shipping. i was too broke on August.
Everyone loses if you compare them to amazon shipping lol
i didn't expect Standard Shipping to be that slow when i ordered on August. Next time i will avoid Standard Shipping.

please note that Summon Night L.E. was my 1st time using Standard Shipping. i was too broke on August.i didn't expect Standard Shipping to be that slow when i ordered on August. Next time i will avoid Standard Shipping.

Were there even any shipping options? I don't remember there being any.

My order arrived in Germany already, so it's most likely your local customs causing the delay.

Shizuka

Just went to the post office to pick up my Oddworld copy, found out that this was waiting for me there. It turns out that there are tracking codes, but for some reason, we've not been given access to.

Bowl0l

My order arrived in Germany already, so it's most likely your local customs causing the delay.
My custom probably thought it's an adult toy and checking it throughly...
Just went to the post office to pick up my Oddworld copy, found out that this was waiting for me there. It turns out that there are tracking codes, but for some reason, we've not been given access to.
how do you check that you have received a package at the post office when you don't have a tracking code? The post office staff recognized your name and bundle all your mail together?

Saoshyant

It turns out that there are tracking codes, but for some reason, we've not been given access to.

All mail shipped by USPS internationally now has a tracking code since about three years ago -- a friend in the US told me they don't even give the option to send something untracked anymore.

I do wish I'd know the code for mine because my game hasn't turned up yet; it may be stuck on my country's customs but they haven't been kind enough to inform me yet.

Shizuka

My custom probably thought it's an adult toy and checking it throughly... how do you check that you have received a package at the post office when you don't have a tracking code? The post office staff recognized your name and bundle all your mail together?

When I went to pick Oddworld up, he checked the system by name instead of tracking code, that's when he found two packages instead.

All mail shipped by USPS internationally now has a tracking code since about three years ago -- a friend in the US told me they don't even give the option to send something untracked anymore.

I do wish I'd know the code for mine because my game hasn't turned up yet; it may be stuck on my country's customs but they haven't been kind enough to inform me yet.

If that's the case, why doesn't Gaijinworks share the code with all customers that bought the game directly from them?

Bowl0l

When I went to pick Oddworld up, he checked the system by name instead of tracking code, that's when he found two packages instead.
You must be lucky that both packages uses the same shipping company. Amazon standard shipping, Aramex doesn't have tracking (Nov 2015).
Worst is Malaysia have multiple shipping company. I don't know which company to ask..

Bowl0l

Shizuka, for your case, would the post office eventually send the package (SN5) to you if you didn't pick it up from the post?office
I love how the GW threads all seem to have more posts about getting the game than actually playing it, heh.
is GW shipping not that reliable?

cj_iwakura

Shizuka, for your case, would the post office eventually send the package (SN5) to you if you didn't pick it up from the post?officeis GW shipping not that reliable?

It's not that, it's just that more people seem to be interested in getting the collectible(s) than the game itself.

I know that, but compared to the number of people who bought it... like three of us were playing CoH2 when it came out.

GAF generally seems like a bad place to discuss super niche games. Some threads are lucky to pass 5 pages :p. This one at least has the shipping to keep it active

cj_iwakura

GAF generally seems like a bad place to discuss super niche games. Some threads are lucky to pass 5 pages :p. This one at least has the shipping to keep it active

I disagree actually, some very niche games that I can't get a single reply about get a lot of discussion here. Gaijinworks doesn't seem to be so lucky, though.

For some statistics, there've been 118 posters; 67 have more one post, and maybe... five people have been playing the game, give or take. :p

tauke

I'm still waiting for my package to arrived to play it on my "retro" PSP-3000. :(

It will be a great game to play when commuting to and back from work.

Eusis

I disagree actually, some very niche games that I can't get a single reply about get a lot of discussion here. Gaijinworks doesn't seem to be so lucky, though.
GAF is great for general discussion, and probably one of the better places for more obscure games. For ultra obscure/ancient you might need to go to dedicated forums about them, or a community leaning fully that direction, but yeah it's not really BAD here for niche games with a few exceptions.

I bought it digital but I started Trails in the Sky before getting back to it. After only a few hours, I can say what I played was spectacular though.

For some statistics, there've been 118 posters; 67 have more one post, and maybe... five people have been playing the game, give or take. :p

Gaijinworks made the conscious decision to market to collectors, with all the secret packaging variants and so forth. I guess this kind of thread output is the natural result.

I have been playing, but I need a good long uninterrupted run to learn the mechanics properly. And it hasn't been easy to find that kind of time.

Shizuka

Shizuka, for your case, would the post office eventually send the package (SN5) to you if you didn't pick it up from the post?officeis GW shipping not that reliable?

No, it'd get sent back to Gaijinworks and God knows how long it'd take for the whole story to reach a happy ending if that happened.

Ephidel

I've received a Royal Mail "oi pay us money" note today which I'm assuming is this (although if I put the tracking number on this note into USPS tracking that claims the parcel was already delivered yesterday morning which is... dodgy).
That parcel originated in Reading, CA. Did this? Or is this going to be some other parcel altogether?

tauke

So my package arrived at my hometown safely and the local national courier service deliver it aka the package is in good shape according to my dad.

Can't wait to play the game once I go back to my hometown this July.

Top Bottom