• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summon Night 5 |OT| Swordcraft Strategy

Vanethyr

So my copy turned up today plastered with (as Ephidel put it) Royal Mail's "oi pay us money" stickers. Curiously though, along with some scrawlings over it saying "someone done paid for it already".

How odd... At no point did I receive their usual ransom note, and I can't imagine someone else in the building would have intercepted and paid for it, at least not without saying anything (as much as I would love said person).

The sad news, however, is that despite adding the departmental intercom button I can be contacted on in the office in my delivery details, it still got picked up by a troubled looking HR girl who I fear I can no longer make direct eye contact with after seeing the various anime girls on the box.

Ah well.

My thanks to you, Victor, and all the rest at Gaijinworks! You guys certainly went the extra mile with the packaging (which I adore, and got a good laugh out of)!

The release from customs hardly looks official:

EQm2rI3.jpg

Fairly miffed about it ruining the box though :( tried the hairdryer trick but that customs sticker is really on there.

Lain

Finally got it today.
My box was inside a box, so no stickers got put on it and the package was in pristine condition. Weird but hey, better for me.

Posting this for people that haven't received their copy yet. Vic from GW:

Quick update
It's a holiday weekend, but we're still banging away on Summon Night 6 and doing final testing on Class of Heroes 3. Yes, Class of Heroes 3 is still coming. We're just trying to see if we can squeeze out one last UMD to do a physical release and that's taking a long time, so we haven't really posted anything about it until we have something to report. Hopefully that will change soon, but there won't be time for an interest poll, so we'll just go straight to the presale if we get the UMD go-ahead, and make whatever we sell.

Summon Night 6:WE (that's Wonderful Edition) will be announced very soon. It will be a direct website presale-only deluxe item only for the PS4. We're waiting for another set of prototypes to come in to photograph the full set for the presale, but it will be worth the wait. I think it's one of the best LE/CE type packages released at the price in the last 10 years, at least. There will be a two month window with a discounted price, then another 6 weeks or so at full price, then that's it, we're not selling any more.

The SN6 PS4 and Vita regular versions will be retail releases, but true to form, will be a bit more unusual than your typical retail JRPG release. You'll see what I mean pretty soon.

We're recording voice for SN6 now, so it's become even busier with everything else going on. Speaking of busier, we're bringing a customer service person on board shortly to shore up our admittedly sad customer service lately. We just have had more work than the handful of us could manage and the customer service has suffered. We know that and are going to fix it.

We've received a few SN5 packages back as undeliverable or refused (very small amount - about 25 total including international) and have sent out emails to the domestic ones asking for address verifications so we can resend them. International ones will be contacted soon so we can resend those, too, so look for them.

I'll try to drop in here more, but with the crazy schedule we have to get SN6 completed, it will be tough! Thanks for keeping things flowing here, and thanks for your support.

Top Bottom