• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive Review Thread

l4SETJq.gif

Mozz-eyes

Banned
Do you guys ever get a feeling for how good a game is going to be?

My spider sense tells me this will average at 82 with the main complaints being to do with the humour not working and the gameplay getting stale pretty quickly.

Although I did predict shadow of mordor as a 65 so I was way off there.

Meta Prediction: 82 - 83

why people care so much about reviews? its one persons opinion.

Well generally, it's like 40 - 60 people's opinions but yeah it is entirely subjective in nature so take it with a grain of salt.

I, personally, just like to see how reviewers generally perceive games and find that interesting in and of itself

Mory Dunz

Hm, question:

Is there any circumstance in which this thread will end well? lol

I feel like if reviews were low, it'd be bias talk.
If reviews were really high it'd be bias talk.

I guess we'll see.

Hm, question:

I feel like if reviews were low, it'd be bias talk.
If reviews were really high it'd be bias talk.

I guess we'll see.

Nah, I think most people have their expectations in check

Hm, question:

It doesn't matter if it reviews well or poorly, it's an exclusive Q4 game from a developer formally associated with another, opposing console manufacture.

It will be a bloodbath before morning.

McDougles

I reviewed Sunset Overdrive for GameSided. I gave it a 6.5/10.

GameSided said:
Sunset Overdrive offers a fair effort that comes up just short of its intentions. Its humor-based story and character development starts off well enough. That is, before relying too much on aiming to be meta or referring to every piece of pop culture from the past decade. The multiplayer, Night Defense and challenge modes would make up parts of a great standalone title, however they cannot overshadow the uninspired story quests, nor the oddly-designed, style-traversal-based combat system. At the core, there is the potential for a great game in Sunset Overdrive. It what makes the execution that much more disappointing.

Top Bottom