• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive Review Thread

Zushin

So I caved and got the white bone. Couldn't resist with this + MCC + Gears in the future. Can't believe I ended up getting one before a PS4 lol. That'll change next year with Bloodborne though.

BradC00

So I caved and got the white bone. Couldn't resist with this + MCC + Gears in the future. Can't believe I ended up getting one before a PS4 lol. That'll change next year with Bloodborne though.

I wanted one so bad...but I already have two xb1s :( first world problems yo.

malfcn

Do itttttt.

If I had it as a physical copy
fuck me and my digital ways
I would.

Of course I'm planning to get Sunset Overdrive because the convenience of digital is just too great.

haha yes, fuck destiny. I am stuck with digital, otherwise I would do it too.

I did about a week after it released. I put the money towards a good Bungie game though - MCC.

Wow at all the responses.
Should have done it when it was 39, now it is 35.

I have a feeling it is going to die, especially on One, when MCC and COD come out.

Mentok

Banned
SO happy for Insomniac to get these kinds of reviews. I loved R&C and the Resistance series....glad XB1 owners get to experience their unabashadly quirky, yet fun style of game making. Hope it sells very well.

vanx0

Gawd... just bought an xbone because of this game... Based Insomniac.

Now I have both PS4 and Xbox... Nintendo here i come (wallet am cry)

Head.spawn

One hour.

ea22602b33f872a7e160320be81cbddf.320x240x75.gif

digital

I wasn't expecting this game to review well, to be honest. Good for Insomniac, I guess. Sunset Overdrive is still not for me, though. I don't have an Xbox One, but even if it were multiplatform, or at least it was on PC, I still wouldn't be excited for it.

/ded

Cow

This game looks insane, these gameplay previews and reviews pushed me over the line so I logged on to my XB1 and preordered. Installing now!

Lego Boss

Still playing FH2, but looking forwards to picking this up over Christmas.

I'm really pleasantly surprised by the XONES, it seems to be a decent console with some really good first party games on it.

Now, when's the new Crackdown coming out?

Pug

Still playing FH2, but looking forwards to picking this up over Christmas.

I'm really pleasantly surprised by the XONES, it seems to be a decent console with some really good first party games on it.

Now, when's the new Crackdown coming out?

Crackdown will be out when the clouds roll in.
Can't wait see what they have in store for this game and how cloud functions will be used.

By the way its a bit of a gutter we have to wait until the 31st to play Sunset

prwxv3

Since I don't want to unfairly poke fun at a game I've never played, I decided that this would be an acceptable alternative.

Bsw4gRf.gif

Freebie
UWZLACo.gif

Nibel posted a pic of Antonio drinking Overcharge. I just gif'd it.

Good thing too because you would have looked dumb if you did it since the MC of SO is only two points higher.

Anyway a score of 82 is great.

Good fucking job Insomniac, this game plays to all your strengths.
Yeah, this might be my absolute surprise GOTY. I just picked it up last night to run a mission for shits and lost a few hours to absolute mayhem and maximum speed city exploration. Its too much damn fun, from end to end.

It actually reminds me a bit of Burnout: Revenge. At some point in the meetings for that game somebody pointed out that crashing and losing the race sucked. So why not let the driver who just crashed topple their cars into their opponents or even explode themselves like a nuke? Brilliant moment right there - taking the negative parts of a game and turning them into a hilarious positive to keep the fun going.

Sunset Overdrive is that idea writ large. Its ninja deft at staying inventive and keeping the fun going regardless of whats going on.

Top Bottom