• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive Review Thread

The-Tense-and-Uptight-One.gif

We should keep in mind that the press seems to have finally started ysing more of the review scale. A 70-79 does not mean it's bad

Joystiq - 5 stars

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/10/27/sunset-overdrive-review-its-my-party/

Each of the game's systems feeds into another, making the experience feel complete and purposeful. More importantly, it gives players a plethora of choices in how they look, what weapon they use and how they play, and then makes every single possible combination feel vindicated. Nothing goes to waste in the awesome-pocalypse, and everyone's invited to Sunset City's after-party.

B.O.O.M

Why not? Is a much better quality meter than hype and promises that came from developers/publishers

Metacritic is a flawed system in itself. And I personally don't trust Publisher hype etc either (unless their past games give me reason to believe em)..I usually go with user impressions/reviews of fellow gamers that share similar tastes and/or play a demo or something.

DigitalSpy - 3/5
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/...an-open-world-revolution.html#~oTSpwn9SC0SQW2

Sunset Overdrive is not lacking in enjoyable moments and ideas, but the overall package doesn't manage to live up to the billing publisher Microsoft has thrust upon it. This is not a revolution as far as open-world games go, it's more of a compendium of recognisable elements that have been twisted just enough to make them seem new and different for the uninitiated.

Most annoyingly, Sunset Overdrive overplays its trump card. The traversal options are fun to begin with, but they lose their shine thanks to an enforced over reliance on them. Not a bad game, then, but it does feel like a missed opportunity.

oti

Banned
Destructoid: "This game has a goat-head codpiece in it, 'nuff said"

No, Destructoid. Bad Destructoid, bad.

Top Bottom