• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Famicom Mini announced - includes Panel de Pon, Mystical Ninja, FE - October 5

Is there some kind of weird regional preference where the West likes Turbo over Super or something that I've never heard about?

ggx2ac

Is there some kind of weird regional preference where the West likes Turbo over Super or something that I've never heard about?

Maybe only the Japanese know you can change speed settings in the main menu of Super Street Fighter II.

Or that SSF2 sales weren't that big in the west compared to Turbo. *shrug*

Maybe it's whatever is the bigger nostalgia pull rather than the better quality title.

Sophia

This has reminded me that Tetris Attack is missing from the NA/EU version, and now I am sad.

Might be worth double dipping for that + Fire Emblem 3?

woopWOOP

Yeah, I'll take the US/EU lineup over that
...but a VS puzzle game like Panel de Pon would've been really good!

Jucksalbe

Banned
Panel de Pon being in this makes me think we really only lost out on Tetris Attack because of the stupid license attached. This is probably the biggest game the SFC Mini has over the SNES one.
Super Soccer is nice, too. We probably would have gotten that in Europe, too, if we'd got a different version from the US.
But losing Castlevania IV is pretty bad.

So overall, I'd say the lineup of both SNES and SFC mini are about equal. There's not enough difference to make me get the SFC one, though.

On one hand, Panel De Pon, the best puzzle game!!!

On the other hand... No Super Castlevania IV, the best Castlevania?

(But really, I'm still super hyped about Star Fox 2...)

G0523

img_03.jpg

The controllers have the same size and button layout as the originals.
So THAT'S how the controllers plug in to the console! The NA and EU press releases did not show that. It looks like the front controller ports are a flap you open and then you plug in the SNES controllers like that. It looks like they use the same input as the NES Classic Controllers and the Wii Classic Controllers as well, which is great for those of us that want to use these on our Wii and Wii U VC games.

linkboy

I love the Super Famicom (I use a SFC with a SD2SNES to play my SNES games) and I'm going to find a way to import this.

It looks so awesome.

Top Bottom