• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Famicom Mini announced - includes Panel de Pon, Mystical Ninja, FE - October 5

ggx2ac

I don't know why Tetris Attack isn't in the SNES classic

The NoA back then really fucked up thinking Panel de Pon wouldn't sell in the west so they did the Yoshi pallette swap and used the Tetris licensed name.

Tetris Company regrets letting them name it that since they feel it's not Tetris.

There's no way NoA will ever get to bring it back if that's the way Tetris Company feels.

Too bad NoA won't put in the money to just localise Panel de Pon then, it's not an RPG with a thousand word script.

_Ryo_

No Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest is quite surprising. Do Square Enix think that a retro game here would negatively impact the desire for retro mode in DQXI or something?

I just can't get over the lack of Chrono Trigger. I wonder if square has other plans for it or something.
If they were, it would make more sense to include it to re-expose a few million people to the franchise.

And wow, NA actually got the superior lineup. It's still missing Breath of Fire 2, Super Bomberman and Maybe Axelay though.

Crayolan

Would be better if it wasn't missing Earthbound. I guess the increased popularity of Earthbound/Mother in the last few years has been much bigger in the west than Japan.

lupinko

I want this.

Better selection than the NA version.

Eh, the NA version got the better SF2 game and port.

Super vanilla was meh (hence ST revision) and the 16 bit ports were sluggish compared to the CPS2 game.

SNES SF2 Turbo was a good port of HF, which is the best CPS1 SF2.

Zubz

Banned
Yo, wait, they get Panel de Pon? Fuck Star Fox 2 finally being released after years of anticipation & Yoshi's Island finally seeing re-release after a decade of uncertainty, that's the real Megaton.

HardRojo

Wait, AC adapter is sold separately? Is the US version the same? wtf?

Even your TV's USB ports can power this up, and that "adapter" is probably the same as any other USB adapters that come with phones nowadays.

That box is sweeeeet! I need it.

Kirby's Dream Course >>>>>>>>> Super Soccer
Super Castlevania 4 > Mystic Ninja
Earthbound <<<<<<< Fire Emblem 3
Super Street Fighter 2 = SF2 Turbo Hyper Fighting
Super Punch Out < Panel de pon

So overall I guess it's a wash

D.Lo

Holy fuck that box art. Best console box art in a decade in more. No hyperbole.
Um...

new-nintendo-3ds-ll-super-famicom-edition-469339.1.jpg

Super Soccer might suck by today's standards but it'll always hold a special place in my heart for its kickass music and it being the very first soccer game I ever played. I wish it came with the SNES Mini.

Top Bottom