• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Famicom Mini announced - includes Panel de Pon, Mystical Ninja, FE - October 5

Goddammit that box art is cool. Also, I've never even heard of Panel de Pon. Is the gameplay significantly different from Tetris Attack?

ggx2ac

Goddammit that box art is cool. Also, I've never even heard of Panel de Pon. Is the gameplay significantly different from Tetris Attack?

Panel de Pon is the original game, Tetris Attack was a Yoshi pallette swap of Panel de Pon requested by NoA and NoA using the Tetris licensed name for the game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The NoA back then really fucked up thinking Panel de Pon wouldn't sell in the west so they did the Yoshi pallette swap and used the Tetris licensed name.

Tetris Company regrets letting them name it that since they feel it's not Tetris.

There's no way NoA will ever get to bring it back if that's the way Tetris Company feels.

Too bad NoA won't put in the money to just localise Panel de Pon then, it's not an RPG with a thousand word script.

All they need to do is replace the logo on the title screen of Tetris Attack with the Puzzle League logo. No need to localise Panel de Pon (I get some people want to the original vision, rather than the Yoshi skin, but this is the quickest and easiest route).

I mean, according to this text dump, the word 'Tetris' doesn't even appear in the game so they wouldn't even need to change any of the text.

Impotaku

Damn Amazon Japan, pull your finger out. Been checking every few hours each day to see if they have put them up for preorder. Made more harder by the time difference between here and Japan.

Want me some Goemon

Piichan

Banned
Damn Amazon Japan, pull your finger out. Been checking every few hours each day to see if they have put them up for preorder. Made more harder by the time difference between here and Japan.

Want me some Goemon
Dammit, your bump made me think preorders were up lol.

Top Bottom