• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey |OT| The Wedding of the Century

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadoron

Welcome to the Super Mario Odyssey OT!
WLu1j7u.jpg

Nintendo cordially invites you to help Mario, and his new favorite Ghost Cap pal Cappy, stop Bowser from marrying Princess Peach. Your quest will take you literally around the world as you collect moons to power up your ship, the Odyssey. Don't sweat it though, as Mario (with Cappy's help) has some new tricks up his sleeve to stop Bowser.

Invited Guests:

Gaming fans of all ages

Uninvited Guests:

ob2Au25.png

UzBcceX.png

(Poor guy can't catch a break)

The Locations:
85rF8Yk.png

A number of zany locations have already been shown, with plenty more to be discovered. Here's a list of the ones that Nintendo has shown off so far.

Cap Kingdom - Bonneton
Cascade Kingdom - Fossil Falls
Sand Kingdom - Tostarena
Lake Kingdom - Lake Lamode
Wooded Kingdom - Steam Gardens
Metro Kingdom - New Donk City
Snow Kingdom - Shiveria
Seaside Kingdom - Bubblaine
Luncheon Kingdom - Mount Volbono
More to Come!

Formal Wear:
Qx73zXU.png

Forgot your tux or dress for the Royal Wedding? No biggie. Just stop into your local Crazy Cap retailer for a quick fix. Mario can finally spend those hard earned coins on something that really matters - Accessories! Who needs to save coins for health, when you can shop til you drop.

Some of the goodies Mario can pick up:

Outfits
SDKznuY.jpg

Stickers
mgKapCY.jpg

Souvenirs
JTANrGw.jpg

Power Ups
rTzBl8W.jpg

Mario and Cappy - Way Better than Luigi (I kid, I kid)
B2nMBH1.jpg

With Cappy's help, Mario can now "control" enemies, items, and even taxi cabs on his way to "object" to the Royal Vows. Everyone wishes they could possess a T-Rex with a mustache, ...right?? Add in Mario's new Cap Jump, and no divide is too great for the Mario Series new Dream Team. Sorry Luigi, your Bros. Spin Move just doesn't cut it any longer.
okw6oJf.jpg

Release and Pre-load:

- Available Oct. 27th both physically and via digital download for Nintendo Switch
- Digital pre-load is already up on the eShop

Amiibo Support:

- Three new Amiibos for Super Mario Odyssey
- Wedding Mario grants temporary invincibilty + themed wedding outfit
- Wedding Peach gives a Life-Up heart + themed wedding outfit
- Wedding Bowser reveals location of regioinal coins + themed wedding outfit
- Sold separately or as a three pack
- Amiibos from other series can grant additional outfits or in-game help

Co-Op Features and Assist Mode:

- Co-Op Mode let's you and friend team up to take on the adventure. Player 1 controls Mario, with Player 2 controlling Cappy. Since each player utilizes one Joycon, you can co-op at home or on the go.

- Assist Mode helps out younger gamers, or those looking for a more relaxing play session. Mario receives more health at the start of his quest, and helpful markers will show you the way around each Kingdom's sandbox.

Reviews and Scores:

Coming soon.

Quick Note from the OP - Since the original Gaffer who claimed this OT has moved on, I figured we needed something for the game. Especially since it releases in less than 24 hours. It's my first OT, and doesn't have the polish that comes with experience making them. If anyone else has a better OT idea and layout, feel free to post a topic and we can lock this one. Otherwise, I'll put some time aside tomorrow (later today) to clean things up, add some custom images, and any game info I might have missed.

Andyliini

Great, now we have one! I was making one myself, but this is much better than what I could come up with. Hopefully there will be plenty of reasons for excitement, once I get my hands on the game.

Jigolo

My copy shipped from Amazon an hour ago. Didn't think it would actually get here on launch. Shows my faith in Amazon but nonetheless I'm stoked

Great OT.

Really excited about this one - probably first time I have been since Galaxy. The 3D Mario games are always the most unpredictable for good reasons, and while 3D Land and 3D World are excellent games, they were a lot more predictable than the series they followed from.

Odyssey gives me the same feeling I got from 64, Sunshine, Galaxy...

Shadoron

Umm.... I have the OT claimed. I said I'd still post it in the OT thread.

It was mentioned in one of the other Odyssey threads that you had decided to move on from GAF. It was obviously incorrect information. Feel free to post yours, and I'll ask to have this locked. I only threw it together since it seemed like one wasn't coming.

EDIT: Anyone know who I'm supposed to contact for the lock?

mark1982

Great looking OT and thanks for putting in the time to make one. Gonna get a Odyssey Console bundle to jump right in.

Since I'll be getting a switch only now I guess Mario and Zelda will keep me busy till the end of the year!

JustDrive

Havent been this excited for a game since GTA V, probably cos I’m picking a switch up at the same time. Mario’s certainly making my wallet lighter.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I will be getting my Switch and Mario Odyssey this Friday. I'm definetly hyped.

Hopefully SMTV doesn't take till 2020 to come out.

ehead

Good job, OP. Will be the first OT I actively participate in. Can't wait to get out of work, and possibly try this out.

Menchi

Well practice for another OT sometime at least Shadoron, I’m sure the effort is appreciated none the less. Looking forward to your OT TheMoon.

ZeroX03

Banned
It was mentioned in one of the other Odyssey threads that you had decided to move on from GAF. It was obviously incorrect information. Feel free to post yours, and I'll ask to have this locked. I only threw it together since it seemed like one wasn't coming.

EDIT: Anyone know who I'm supposed to contact for the lock?

There was even me who'd put their hand up as a backup instead.

Freeman76

Been playing all week, the amount of cool shit in this game is astonishing. There are little secrets and things to find everywhere. Amazing variety and polish, the only downside is possibly longevity, it doesnt seem as big as some other games in the series but I havent got to the very end yet so that could change. If this gets less than 95 on MC I will be surprised.

My second most anticipated game of the year after Breath of the Wild. Really hope my copy arrives in time tomorrow. We should be getting reviews in two hours.

Been playing all week, the amount of cool shit in this game is astonishing. There are little secrets and things to find everywhere. Amazing variety and polish, the only downside is possibly longevity, it doesnt seem as big as some other games in the series but I havent got to the very end yet so that could change. If this gets less than 95 on MC I will be surprised.

Damn, that is amazing to hear. I've been wondering how close to Zelda's MC this can get.

Beegeous

I'm up at 3am for a flight to Prague but if this has landed on my doorstep by the time I get home from work then I won't be going to bed.

I've seen it's too easy in several impressions, other than that I don't know.

I've been afraid of that for a while now. :(

That saddens me. With the game apparently being easier than before I was hoping the game would at least be bigger than all of them.

Flintty

Great OT, thanks for putting this together at such short notice!

This game has gone from not being on my radar to mega hype! Can’t wait to get cracking.

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for making this OP. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!

I've been afraid of that for a while now. :(

That saddens me. With the game apparently being easier than before I was hoping the game would at least be bigger than all of them.

Surprising if that's the case after reading all the similarities between this and Breath of the Wild and BotW being the biggest and possibly the hardest game in the series.

Kureransu

My copy shipped from Amazon an hour ago. Didn't think it would actually get here on launch. Shows my faith in Amazon but nonetheless I'm stoked
What state do you live in? They opened a new distribution center in Michigan, and stuff has been shopping really fast. I ordered a squat rack on Saturday night. It shipped Monday and I got it Tuesday.
However if it says that you should get it on the 27th, and when the time it says comes and you don't get it call and let them know you disappointment. I had that happen once where I waited at work for a game to be delivered only got the app to change the date after the time it says it'll be there. I called and got a $20 credit for my next purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom