• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey |OT| The Wedding of the Century

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanders

Neo Member
Surprising if that's the case after reading all the similarities between this and Breath of the Wild and BotW being the biggest and possibly the hardest game in the series.

Different type of games, I don't think they can risk it and make a very hardcore Mario game.

Anyway I think they'll have plenty of more difficult content apart from the main story

Freeman76

Different type of games, I don't think they can risk it and make a very hardcore Mario game.

Anyway I think they'll have plenty of more difficult content apart from the main story

The similarities are evident in the way secrets and hidden things are everywhere. Think BOTW but more focussed and condensed in that sense, and a ton more variety as well.

I can easily see this becoming one of my favourite Nintendo games of all time, its like they refined that 'magic' to the Nth degree with this. I am interested to see what happened when you collect a few hundred moons as they come thick and fast!

xtwo

Can't wait. I am picking my copy up tomorrow from best buy.. my 4 years old son was so happy when I told him that we will play Mario game on friday.

You don't see that pic of sonic and peach? 👀

At work having lunch, just about spat soup out all over my keyboard.

Really hyped to get this game, hope amazon are quick getting their codes out. Biggest problem will be trying to hide it from my 5 year old (he'll see it on the switch menu), he's been hyped by all the videos on youtube (my fault admittedly), but I want to finish Mario 3D world first with him.

Really enjoying it at the moment but a few too many of the moons feel like clutter collectables and some are really hidden with seemingly nothing to help find them. Like in the second kingdom I'm missing about 8 moons and I've looked all over the place, no idea where they could be.

Would have prefered less moons with each having a bit more structure, similar to 64 and sunshine.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Really enjoying it at the moment but a few too many of the moons feel like clutter collectables and some are really hidden with seemingly nothing to help find them. Like in the second kingdom I'm missing about 8 moons and I've looked all over the place, no idea where they could be.

Would have prefered less moons with each having a bit more structure, similar to 64 and sunshine.

Not really a spoiler but just wanted to make sure if anyone sensitive.

Maybe two are giant moons so you're only techincally missing 3?

Raptomex

I'm ready. pre-installed the game last night. I'm off from work tomorrow. Going to the midnight launch with a friend.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Yeah this is the fear I had from seeing footage.

Kurt

From the review

Not only is it guaranteed to be a front-runner for game of the year, it's arguably in the conversation for best of all time. In the six years I've been reviewing games for Stuff I've only ever given out two perfect 10/10 scores. This is a deserved third

Descapp

Neo Member
Been playing since yesterday, and while it's fun,so far it's nowhere near the botw of Mario as some were saying, or even the biggest 3d Mario. Levels are 64 sized more or less, so pretty small, but with more secondary areas that feel like a simpler 3D Land/World.

I'm only (only?) 10 kingdoms in but I hope levels become bigger and more complex from now on. New Donk has been the best so far, it's just fun to walk around messing around with your abilities, so I hope there's more like this.

Data Ghost

My copy arrived Wednesday morning, 2 glorious days early!

Have thoroughly enjoyed what I have played so far, the production values, graphic, music, sound, all absolutely superb.

Not interested in any other titles for the foreseeable future, its great.

Flanders

Neo Member
Jeauxvideo gives the game 5 stars in every category (gameplay, longevity and sound) but graphics which have 4/5 stars. Altogether 19/20

ubiblu

Jeauxvideo gives the game 5 stars in every category (gameplay, longevity and sound) but graphics which have 4/5 stars. Altogether 19/20

If their biggest criticism is that it's not a PS4 game, i'm totally okay with that. I used to read Jeux-Video when I lived in Europe many moons ago and they tend to be pretty harsh. Set hype to maximum.

Shaii

Just received a message that my game is ready for pickup at my local post-office... Still at work, 2 hours to go.. Heavy breathing........

DonF

I need this in my veins asap. I've tried a complete blackout but some info has passes my screen and the hype is too high.

Question: Is the experience with the pro controller somewhat lesser? I've seen that a lot of movements require the joy cons motions and I would prefer to use the pro controller.

Is the bundled case available outside of the bundle? I dig the red and I have been meaning to replace my original case for awhile.

switch_pdp_premium_console_case_mario_edition.jpg

I went subtle mario but its quality isn't great and its started to show some aging. The seems are coming loose and it has some pilling.

I did find it up for pre-order @ amazon.jp but I was hoping I wouldn't need to import it. Does amazon.jp still ship to the states? I suppose I could just get it sent that way.

smo_switch_carrying_case_pic_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom