• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey |OT| The Wedding of the Century

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyKong

I was lucky enough to get this early in the UK yesterday so I've managed to put around 6 or 7 hours into it so far.

And yes, it is incredible.

It's insane how Nintendo have managed to fit in so many fun moments, in both large and small areas. You're never bored for more than a minute because there's always something to go do, jump on, throw your hat at etc it's why the game is dangerously addictive, once you start playing be warned, you will not want to come off.

I'm roughly onto my 7th kingdom now and the core game hasn't been too difficult at all which may upset some, but who knows what the later kingdoms will be like, and I imagine the post game content will ramp up the difficulty.

As mentioned in that Stuff review, it's going to be a real challenge finding all the moons. Two of the kingdoms have roughly 70 moons to find, and I've managed to grab 30 on each. I genuinely have no idea how or where the other 40 are, but I can't wait to find out.

There have been a couple of stand out moments that I can't wait for everybody to play, one involving the
t rex in Donk city
and the other occurs when the
Odyssey theme tune kicks in during the festival, amazing

Get hyped guys, it's special!

Jigolo

What state do you live in? They opened a new distribution center in Michigan, and stuff has been shopping really fast. I ordered a squat rack on Saturday night. It shipped Monday and I got it Tuesday.
However if it says that you should get it on the 27th, and when the time it says comes and you don't get it call and let them know you disappointment. I had that happen once where I waited at work for a game to be delivered only got the app to change the date after the time it says it'll be there. I called and got a $20 credit for my next purchase.
I live in Florida. The ETA is tomorrow I really hope that doesn't change.

The Hermit

Now how will you know if there's a huge day one patch needed, or scummy loot crate systems, or terrible bugs, or it's just plain shit?

(Oh wait, none of that will happen, it's a Mario game)

C'mon Robin you are better than this.

I guess sarcasm left with the bulk of the users

RPGCrazied

My switch bundle just shipped! Says won't get it until Monday. Boo.

Oh well, Assassins Creed: Origins it is while I wait.

Oxn

So i finally started looking into getting a swtich, and i had no idea it was pretty much widely available. it says available in all bestbuys near me.

DirtyLarry

Unless a miracle happens, looks like Best Buy will not get it to me tomorrow. It has not yet shipped, and my credit card was charged last night at 4 AM, so like 5 hours ago. They may pull it off, but that would be pretty damn amazing if they do.
My fault for not doing in store pickup, but with work and all of that it is just so convenient to have it shipped to me. If it does not arrive on Saturday I will purchase it digitally an return my copy. Just will not get that $10 savings and $10 Gift Card I guess.
Damn. I know a lot of people who always get their games late with Best Buy, but I always have gotten them on release day. Guess I have just been lucky.

Jake2by4

So apparently Best Buy hasn't shipped my goddamn bundle yet and it's supposed to be here tomorrow. Come the fuck on Best Buy!

Unless a miracle happens, looks like Best Buy will not get it to me tomorrow. It has not yet shipped, and my credit card was charged last night at 4 AM, so like 5 hours ago. They may pull it off, but that would be pretty damn amazing if they do.
My fault for not doing in store pickup, but with work and all of that it is just so convenient to have it shipped to me. If it does not arrive on Saturday I will purchase it digitally an return my copy. Just will not get that $10 savings and $10 Gift Card I guess.
Damn. I know a lot of people who always get their games late with Best Buy, but I always have gotten them on release day. Guess I have just been lucky.

They can still ship it today and get to you by tomorrow. UPS.

DarthReidar

Neo Member
I was lucky enough to get this early in the UK yesterday so I've managed to put around 6 or 7 hours into it so far.

And yes, it is incredible.

[...]

Get hyped guys, it's special!

Got my copy tuesday, and have put about 7 or 8 hours in. Got 155 moons so far, and just hit my 7th kingdom. The game is simply superb! Play with your joycons detached, people! The separate HD rumble in each joycon is actually paramount to find some of the moons. And the first
fight with Bowser
is one of the most fun things I've done in a Mario game in a long, long time.

Oh, and I second JonnyKong's question about it being almost impossible to find every moon without using the in game tips or looking them up online. Very much like the Koroks in BotW, except much more fun to hunt!

Get hyped, indeed!

sinkfla87

They can still ship it today and get to you by tomorrow. UPS.

Don't give them false hopes! Lol... You're right, but in my history with BB you're better off just accepting that your item could be late (especially if it still hasn't shipped a day before launch).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom