• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

akaoni

Banned
I caved and bought another Qanba R4 while at work because I don't want to be fooling around with such an expensive item as an 'arcade-stick-illiterate'. I'll just sell the problem'ish one for a discount on eBay and take my loss. Want that piece of mind and my warranty back, stress is now completely gone. Arcade sticks are scary & bat tops are the devil. Maybe one day in the distant future I'll take the time to learn the intricacies of modding/making my own stick, while I'm practically green I think I'll pass. My peers called me crazy for buying another as I was on edge thinking about it all today, but my nerves about the whole mess it ended up being as I watched someone wrestle with it like it was worthless.... it needed to be this way.

Just say I made the right decision regardless of what you think, to make me feel better. Thanks!

looks cool i guess. im not really feelin' those silhouettes at the bottom.. fancy start button.

still bummed that S+G stick got canned, but this gets insta-release. :mad:

Reclaimer

I caved and bought another Qanba R4 while at work because I don't want to be fooling around with such an expensive item as an 'arcade-stick-illiterate'. I'll just sell the problem'ish one for a discount on eBay and take my loss. Want that piece of mind and my warranty back, stress is now completely gone. Arcade sticks are scary & bat tops are the devil. Maybe one day in the distant future I'll take the time to learn the intricacies of modding/making my own stick, while I'm practically green I think I'll pass. My peers called me crazy for buying another as I was on edge thinking about it all today, but my nerves about the whole mess it ended up being as I watched someone wrestle with it like it was worthless.... it needed to be this way.

Just say I made the right decision regardless of what you think, to make me feel better. Thanks!

They are good sticks! I'd want a problem free one too.

From Arcade Shock's Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ArcadeShock

TGS pictures

The Sanwa gamepad? LOL

NKZiX4s.jpg

Z8riwaY.jpg

This looks usable
yO2BLmu.jpg

BlazyBloo stick
Pg62yng.jpg

Yes Boss!

The link says they are in fact already using the smaller 24mm buttons.

Some neat stuff at TGS! That new Gundam stick is godly. I'm thinking I like it more than the first. Shit, I still gotta try the first game. Got it, just have not put it in yet.

Shining

I need some stick recommendations for amateur MAME PC shmupping. No serious score hunting involved. When it comes to brand new sticks i have the following to choose from:

Hori Fighting Stick Mini 3 (PS3) - $54
$T2eC16V,!yEE9s5jFJ+bBRyNc,)E4w~~60_35.JPG

HORI Fighting EDGE (360/PS3) - $312 lol
large

Hori Real Arcade Pro. VX SA/Kai (X360) - $185

Mad Catz PS3 Street Fighter X Tekken Arcade Fighting Stick Pro-Line - $200

Mad Catz PS3 SXT Arcade Fighting Stick Pro-Cross - $200

Shining

Yeah, i've been reading up on (at work, heh) the whole Sanwa vs Seimitsu thing and the latter seems like the best choice for shmups. Are there any sticks with Seimitsu parts already installed except the HRAP ES-XE?

Yeah, i've been reading up on (at work, heh) the whole Sanwa vs Seimitsu thing and the latter seems like the best choice for shmups. Are there any sticks with Seimitsu parts already installed except the HRAP ES-XE?

The EX-SE was the only arcade stick with stock Seimitsu parts released outside Japan, to my knowledge. Hori has released other sticks within Japan - look for "SE" in its name.

Also, the Fighting Edge uses Hori's custom parts that have a mixture of characteristics between the two.

Yes Boss!

nice family shot :D
002.jpg

Makes me realize how many I'm missing :-(

I still keep waffling on the next gen systems. Debating if I should drop my PS4 preorder (till next year) and just go with the One since they have Crimson and KI. I might just go with One if the TE2 gets dated for November or December.

yeah im curious as to which brand will make the first arcade sticks for ps4.

im gonna place my bets on EXAR due to them being closely tied with ArcSystemWorks it seems.. and GGXrd seems to be headed to ps4 :v

Yes Boss!

yeah im curious as to which brand will make the first arcade sticks for ps4.

im gonna place my bets on EXAR due to them being closely tied with ArcSystemWorks it seems.. and GGXrd seems to be headed to ps4 :v

Yeah, there is like NOTHING even remotely japanese announced for the PS4. It is acutally kinda depressing since the hardware is so slick. I'm hoping we start seeing something interesting nearing the Japan launch...at least announces for games for the fall of 2014 at least. I don't see Hori jumping in any time soon.

I'm also hoping the stick manufactures don't do the Wii->Wii U type thing and just offer sticks that are the same as the PS360 stuff but labeled for One and PS4.

This is a new generation and sticks need to use those new features (touch, Kinect camera, etc). TE2 looks to be making itself as a next-gen stick.

I'm also hoping the stick manufactures don't do the Wii->Wii U type thing and just offer sticks that are the same as the PS360 stuff but labeled for One and PS4.

a slightly updated Fighting Edge/yaiba but with ps4 functions or something could work, it looks already fitting with the console's design imo :)

speaking of, i was hoping hori would announce something new this TGS... still no white FE :(

Shining

The EX-SE was the only arcade stick with stock Seimitsu parts released outside Japan, to my knowledge. Hori has released other sticks within Japan - look for "SE" in its name.

Also, the Fighting Edge uses Hori's custom parts that have a mixture of characteristics between the two.

Interesting! Now i must decide if i should pick one up before it gets out of stock or maybe wait till potentially better PS4/One sticks gets released. I won't be able to build my MAME setup until i move early next year anyway.

Yes Boss!

Speaking of, i was hoping hori would announce something new this TGS... still no white FE :(

Yeah, I did not follow TGS that much this year. No White Fighting Edge is kinda sad (even if only an import).

Only sticks on my horizon are the Korean MC PS3, the new Gundam. That is likely it for me for this gen.

How good is the new Hori stick?

which one are you talking about?
if its the new HRAP's (N3, gundam, tekken tag 2, doa5, soul5) then i'd say its one of the beefiest sticks out there at a very good price. It's structurally closer to the original HRAP line.
I honestly prefer it over the Hrap VX/V3 (Kai) series.
$110 total price is a very good deal imo

Vitacat

Yes!

I have a Qanba Q4RAF with all Seimitsu parts and crystal ball and buttons. It's very nice.

Bought from Arcade Shock last year while on a little sale. But they were special edition so may not have them now.

Also, IMO Qanbas are the best design around.

Shining

Yes!

I have a Qanba Q4RAF with all Seimitsu parts and crystal ball and buttons. It's very nice.

Bought from Arcade Shock last year while on a little sale. But they were special edition so may not have them now.

Also, IMO Qanbas are the best design around.

This just gets better and better. Diggin' into this arcade stick business is great fun :D At Arcade Shock there's two versions available:

QANBA Q2 PRO WHITE SE (LS-58 stick) preorder
QANBA Q4 RAF (LS-32 stick)

After some googling it seems the LS-58 is the most popular among shmup fans.

Yes Boss!

After some googling it seems the LS-58 is the most popular among shmup fans.

Is that true?

I've never used a 58. I'd guess that the trusty 32 is the most popular though.

I've got one of those analoque interactive sticks...think it might use a 58, though I've never played on it.

Is that true?

I've never used a 58. I'd guess that the trusty 32 is the most popular though.

I've got one of those analoque interactive sticks...think it might use a 58, though I've never played on it.

you mean the consolized MVS's? it uses LS-40 actually.

and yeah, i agree, LS-58 is a pretty new lever, so there's a lot more people who prefer LS-32's for shmups i'd say.

Yes Boss!

If the games at their root don't require those functions, why add them to the sticks?

I dunno, spice it up, to add new features. I'm pretty sure the market is saturated with sticks. The only way to get new sales is to differentiate them with the new hardware. I mean, don't you want our stick manufactures to keep making sticks? Offering PS360-style sticks is not going to sell more. I

this one has touch :v
pa.132727.17.jpg

kidding aside, I think we've yet to reach the climax when it comes to the physical construction and ergonomics of an arcade stick accessory. there's still room for improvement when it comes to the build designs for many situations (lap, table, floor play)...

Top Bottom