• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - Oct 23(US) & Oct 24 (JP/EU)

18-Volt

After playing 95 hours of smash bros 3DS, my hype for Wii U version is seriously deflated. But still, I will watch this. Maybe something about Amiibos will come up.

Veeboy

Still scratching my head as to how they'll really have 50 NEW things to show

48 of these things will be things we already know but that have never had official announcements.

But the other two will be Ridley and Ice Climbers.
Believe.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Says who? :p

This is still a Direct, on the Direct page, with the Direct logo.

I mean the traditional Iwata standing in front of a vague background, talking about numerous games and service. There being an air of mystery about the whole thing, not knowing what he's going to talk about next. I don't think we'll be seeing that much more, except for Nintendo Digital Event style stuff. They seem to prefer doing game specific directs now :(

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Hope we see Iwata. It has been way too long.

Also, odd that Nintendo aren't officially calling it a Direct and there's no hashtag associated with this.

JoeM86

I mean the traditional Iwata standing in front of a vague background, talking about numerous games and service. There being an air of mystery about the whole thing, not knowing what he's going to talk about next. I don't think we'll be seeing that much more, except for Nintendo Digital Event style stuff. They seem to prefer doing game specific directs now :(

Iwata is probably still getting back to 100% and they don't want to do full Directs without him yet.

Patience, they shall return.

Sendou

Iwata is probably still getting back to 100% and they don't want to do full Directs without him yet.

Patience, they shall return.

More like after crazy E3 they simply don't have much to talk about. I wouldn't be surprised if there wouldn't be a proper Direct until January next year.

Rvaisse

Still scratching my head as to how they'll really have 50 NEW things to show

The French version says " 50 reasons to play Smash bros for WiiU", wich is certainly more accurate , "new" is a bad choice of word imo.

More like after crazy E3 they simply don't have much to talk about. I wouldn't be surprised if there wouldn't be a proper Direct until January next year.

There was a time when systems updates, themes, release dates, new trailers for new games were way enough for a full fledge nintendo Direct.

Forkball

HYPE ENGAGED.

Fantasy Life, Bayonetta 2, Beyond Earth, and Smash Direct all on the same day. What a great time to nerd it up.

Foffy

Banned
rupaul.gif

Oh yis.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
So at the same time with Bayonetta 2 launching? Bayonetta in SSB would make so much sense, but I'm not expecting it to happen just because it makes that much sense. Anyhow, watching the real SSB direct and downloading Bayo 1&2 will make quite a night.

JoeM86

Probably a bit of both. However, that is disingenuous. There have been a lot of announcements and reveals the past couple of months that would have fit a Direct perfectly.

The French version says " 50 reasons to play Smash bros for WiiU", wich is certainly more accurate , "new" is a bad choice of word imo.

Japanese page says the focus is on things not in the 3DS

12月6日に発売されるWii Uソフト『大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ for Wii U』。3DS版に収録していない要素を中心に映像にまとめて放送します。

Son Of D

Think it's safe to say that we'll see more details on the 3DS/Wii U connectivity as well. Or at least I hope so.

As for people mentioning Bayonetta. It's just a coincidence. At most she'll have a trophy in the game.

Richie

So at the same time with Bayonetta 2 launching? Bayonetta in SSB would make so much sense, but I'm not expecting it to happen just because it makes that much sense. Anyhow, watching the real SSB direct and downloading Bayo 1&2 will make quite a night.

A Bayonetta stage would make for nice synergy with the game releasing the same day...

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
We should probably see some modes revealed here. Stuff like the stage builder would make sense, but hopefully we finally hear about whatever the Wii U's "main" single player mode is, akin to the 3DS' Smash Run. (Hopefully it's better). Hopefully event matches are confirmed since that has always been the best single player mode in Smash.

Nice!

I can feel his presence closer...
modea15_080317k-l.jpg

You can play as Pikachu in the 3DS game right now!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Now that I think about it, they say this is a LIVE STREAM, so it's not a pre-recorded stream like other Directs.

...Can we call this the first Live Direct? :p

Sendou

Probably a bit of both. However, that is disingenuous. There have been a lot of announcements and reveals the past couple of months that would have fit a Direct perfectly.

Like? I'm honestly drawing a blank here. Also you would do well to remember that Nintendo has been pretty hesitant to drop a Direct to communicate small news without specifically stating what it's about (like this time). I consider that wise since eventually it would just diminish Directs impact if people were reconditioned to treat Directs as small time.

There was a time when systems updates, themes, release dates, new trailers for new games were way enough for a full fledge nintendo Direct.

Small time

JoeM86

Like? I'm honestly drawing a blank here. Also you would do well to remember that Nintendo has been pretty hesitant to drop a Direct to communicate small news without specifically stating what it's about (like this time). I consider that wise since eventually it would just diminish Directs impact if people were reconditioned to treat Directs as small time.

Bayonetta 2 stuff, Captain Toad Stuff, NES Remix stuff, Mario Kart 8 DLC, Hyrule Warriors DLC, Smash Wii U date, Amiibo details etc.

Sendou

Bayonetta 2 stuff, Captain Toad Stuff, NES Remix stuff, Mario Kart 8 DLC, Hyrule Warriors DLC, Smash Wii U date, Amiibo details etc.

That's exactly what I mean. Direct without a game announcement isn't necessarily the best course of action.

L~A

Now that I think about it, they say this is a LIVE STREAM, so it's not a pre-recorded stream like other Directs.

...Can we call this the first Live Direct? :p

It'll be pre-recorded.

Anyway, this Direct should be renamed "50 reasons why Ice Climbers isn't in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U either" :p

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Now this certainly calls for the bingo card. I'll have it up shortly.

Top Bottom