• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - Oct 23(US) & Oct 24 (JP/EU)

I'm surprised they don't delay the European Direct until the 7th of November, since we're getting the game two weeks late.

I'm just kidding because I'm still salty about it
They had to wait for Amiibo to be out (as those got a one week delay) to have the Mario Amiibo SKU that no sane person would buy (a Mario Amiibo costs less than the Gamecube controller Adapter, the Adatper bundle is cheaper the Amiibo bunlde)

Bring on the demos. Show us those game modes. Show us those polished graphics. Give us something that will redeem the Wii U version at full price.

Our bodies are ready.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
If there is a demo, I think everyone should ensure right now that their account is set up to receive promotional email from Nintendo....

TDLink

So let's try to figure out the 50 things...

Coin Battle?
8 Player Smash?
Smash World?
Special/Master/Crazy Orders?
3DS/Wii U Connectivity?

New Stages?

New Bosses? (EX: Metal Face)

And of course, New Characters?

Shit, I'm going to be on my way out of town as this is airing. That makes me really sad, I would've liked to watch it live. Guess I'll just have to stick to Twitter instead.

"If you were a Platinum member, and didn't get a demo code for the 3DS version, you're getting one for the Wii U version right now!"

They didn't send me a 3DS demo code...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why is everyone getting hyped?It's not like there's gonna be new characters.New game modes?I'll pass.

Because there is more to Smash than characters (new stages > new characters). For example we know Stage Builder is returning, but it would be nice to see if they improved it.

L~A

Added countdown to the OP:

t1414188000z0.png

I hope there is some bundle deal akin to Mario Kart 8

I got the Smash gamecube adapter bundle (the game, a gamecube pad, and the adapter) but some bundle WiiU package would be nice for a person buying the console this holiday like myself

Euphoric for Smash.

Depressed for Bayo.
Unless... Bayo has something to do with this...
Expecting 8 players mode since I heard about it in another thread.

That would just be freaking insane. :O
If we get 8-player mode, I will faint.
A demo released at the same time with Bayo 2 would be such a crap idea, unless it's bound to it.
That's how Konami sold Zone of Enders and Square sold Tobal No. 1
This is much more effective than any "Why not take a break?" Nintendo graphic ever at least.
Bayo is in Smash, guys. She's one of dem 50 new thangs.
Nintendo trying to make Platinum games sell even less yet again.
See above comment.

TDLink

Alright, I've compiled a list of some things we basically know are coming but haven't been announced and thus are probably likely to be announced here, let me know if I missed something.

1. Boss Battle Mode
  2. Tourney Mode
  3. Yellow Team
  4. Event Match
  5. Coin Battle
  6. Special Smash
  7. 8 Player Smash
  8. Special Orders/Master Orders/Crazy Orders
  9. Ticket Selection?
  10. Smash World
  11. Official Tourney?
  12. Stage Builder
  13. Temple Stage
  14. Great Cave Offensive Stage
  15. Metal Face (in some way)
  16. Ridley (in some way)
  17. More with Amiibos?
  18. 3DS/Wii U Connectivity

Not even close to 50, although these may be most of the big things...

Top Bottom