• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Together We Ride is such a good battle song though. It really gets you pumped up.

I had no clue Id~Purpose was the final battle theme of Awakening. I gave up on that game before finishing it.

Yes, there are a ton of composers working on this game just like Brawl.

its the final battle theme for the map im hoping id~hope makes it somewhere as well

Moonlight

Banned
So anyone playing Link have any suggestions on how to play him? I've been getting a little better with him (learning his kill moves, for one) but still not really sure what's the best options. Most reliable things that I'm doing so far is Up Special off the ledge at around 110% and f-tilts around like... 90% against Pikachu, haven't really found anything else. Not really sure what to do with his Specials. Arrow gimping doesn't really seem to work and I'm not sure where to work in bombs in my gameplan. Most of his aerials don't seem that spectacular either, but I'm probably missing something.

In any case, Link feels a lot more comfortable to play here than he ever did in Brawl or Melee. He's definitely the most rewarding character (IMO) in the demo.

ffdgh

So anyone playing Link have any suggestions on how to play him? I've been getting a little better with him (learning his kill moves, for one) but still not really sure what's the best options. Most reliable things that I'm doing so far is Up Special off the ledge at around 110% and f-tilts around like... 90% against Pikachu, haven't really found anything else. Not really sure what to do with his Specials. Arrow gimping doesn't really seem to work and I'm not sure where to work in bombs in my gameplan. Most of his aerials don't seem that spectacular either, but I'm probably missing something.

In any case, Link feels a lot more comfortable to play here than he ever did in Brawl or Melee. He's definitely the most rewarding character (IMO) in the demo.

Foward air off the edge is a reliable killing attack. Dash attack attack towards the edge works well too.

PKGaming

Banned
So an I alone in my Megaman love? I've only played the demo, but he's by far my favorite character in it. Dunno how he stacks up in the full game.

Seriously, I don't get why people think he's bad. I think he's amazing. WHenever I play with my friend who's just as experienced a Smash player as me, I always destroy with Mega Man. His back air is really good and his standard A is great for keeping people away from you and controlling the battle (not for approaching though). His smash attack is great as well. I love the range. However, his B attacks feel useless. I never use them because I don’t see much use for them. They don’t have any KO power, at least from what I’ve seen. Really, his standard A is good enough when it comes to projectiles. Also, his slide is pretty good for escaping. Like, if you tried to grab but missed, sliding away will help you escape punishment.

Kinsei

Banned
What are you using the shield for? I have been playing with him, but I never use that move.

I've been using it on Mario since he can reflect projectiles with his cape. Throw a metal blade straight into the ground and then pick it up. Once the metal blade is in your hand use the leaf shield and dash towards him. While dashing throw your metal blade and you'll limit his moves. If he reflects it, the blade will just hit your shield, and it won't slow you down allowing you to follow up with an attack of your own. If he shields you should be on him fast enough to grab him before he rolls. If he jumps, the worst he can hit you with is a fireball and you'll be back to where you started.

Seriously, I don't get why people think he's bad. I think he's amazing. WHenever I play with my friend who's just as experienced a Smash player as me, I always destroy with Mega Man. His back air is really good and his standard A is great for keeping people away from you and controlling the battle (not for approaching though). His smash attack is great as well. I love the range. However, his B attacks feel useless. I never use them because I don’t see much use for them. They don’t have any KO power, at least from what I’ve seen. Really, his standard A is good enough when it comes to projectiles. Also, his slide is pretty good for escaping. Like, if you tried to grab but missed, sliding away will help you escape punishment.

It just depends on people's play styles. Some will suck with character X and other suck with character Y. For example, I suck with Marth but I'm much better with Roy cause he's more my style.

Kriken

His f-smash and up-smash are pretty good for knockback as well as his dash attack. Surprisingly enough, I find his arrows very useful for when the opponent is offstage as I've taken out lvl 9 AI at 70% with properly timed arrows

random25

So an I alone in my Megaman love? I've only played the demo, but he's by far my favorite character in it. Dunno how he stacks up in the full game.

I tried the demo too and I love Megaman. True to form. And very capable against lvl.9 AIs. Just needs getting used to especially on how to combine his buster attacks with other movesets for potential combos.

Neiteio

Man, ROB looks SO GOOD in this game. SO GOOD. Did he receive some major buffs? So happy to see him holding his own in every matchup.

There was a series of great Duck Hunt vs. ROB matches earlier on twitch.tv/clashtournaments. Amazing camping. I'd like to see some doubles with those two together on an "Team NES." :-D

Azuran

Banned
It just depends on people's play styles. Some will suck with character X and other suck with character Y. For example, I suck with Marth but I'm much better with Roy cause he's more my style.

Yeah, it's just a matter of preference. I completely suck with Mario and can't land his f-air and b-air even if my life depended on it, but with Link I'm hitting aerials like crazy.

Not anything that screams "must buy!" The CYBER one seems well-reviewed. As is the dreamGEAR Comfort one. But both mention flaws that make them not a perfect solution. I don't know. I might roll the dice and get the CYBER one and see what happens.

If you do let me know what you think about them.

Oidisco

Zelda looks great in Smash 4. Hated her in previous games, but I'm really considering using her when I get the Wii U version.

Spinluck

He's really fun, and when you utilize his moveset well you can KO pretty fast if you're able to play the keep away game successful with a hint of aggressiveness. A lot of his really good moves are laggy as hell though, either on startup or towards the end, or both.

He'd be a lot better if the dodge roll wasn't insanely spammable and REALLY safe. The air dodge being spammable sucks too, but you can catch them on landing lag sometimes.

Neiteio

So the grounded Little Mac is a hard check against Zelda. Zelda hard-checks Duck Hunt with her teleport KO-ing and bypassing traps. And Duck Hunt hard-checks Little Mac with his trap-setting, zoning and throws.

They're like starter Pokémon!

Richie

Wonder if you guys have seen this already? Made me smile to no end!

tumblr_nbx03waSll1qg49d5o5_500.jpg

99% of the veteran changes are for the better, but I'd really like to hear Sakurai's reasoning for getting rid of Wario's shoulder tackle. That pose alone is on a ton of Wario box arts. It's iconic.

I assume it's due to the seemingly out of place, single Wario Land reference in a Wario Ware-based Wario. It's... honestly pretty understandable. Would've preferred for it to be kept, though.

georly

Man, ROB looks SO GOOD in this game. SO GOOD. Did he receive some major buffs? So happy to see him holding his own in every matchup.

There was a series of great Duck Hunt vs. ROB matches earlier on twitch.tv/clashtournaments. Amazing camping. I'd like to see some doubles with those two together on an "Team NES." :-D

Rob plays so much better. I instantly fell in love trying him out when I unlocked him. Everything about him seems stronger and faster. Love love love new rob. Gonna try to learn him next.

wasn't everybody crying that Zelda is even worse now?

That's because she has to be played entirely differently now. She's 100% all about teleporting, which was never the case before. She's all about mixing up teleports and playing mindgames.

Riou

Lol regular Samus is so fun even in smash 4. Was my main in every smash before, looks like that won't change now.

I would like to hear some more impressions on samus. Almost no one is playing her on the streams =( Does her f-air have long landing lag and how is her new neutral air?

It's so nice to see almost all my mains from Brawl getting buffed.

Mario and Yoshi are finally getting vindicated after being on the bottom of the rug for so long.

Moonlight

Banned
Foward air off the edge is a reliable killing attack. Dash attack attack towards the edge works well too.

His f-smash and up-smash are pretty good for knockback as well as his dash attack. Surprisingly enough, I find his arrows very useful for when the opponent is offstage as I've taken out lvl 9 AI at 70% with properly timed arrows
Noted! Maybe I'm just bad at arrows, lol.

Esque7

wasn't everybody crying that Zelda is even worse now?

The game's barely been out, so first impressions of any character could be completely off. Zelda has 100% been buffed though, through her up special now being a great KO and approach move, as well as the new ledge mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom