• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

zVl2WXU.png

Thanks for the stellar analysis posts, JoeInky.

Looking at Serebii, I find it interesting that Zoroark can be found in a Master Ball. I guess it's still considered somewhat special, but then I realize Goldeen is also considered a Master Ball Pokemon. That's awful. XD

And no love for the Tepig line this Smash.
So can Goldeen apparently haha

Edit: I did not read your whole post lol

JoeInky

Just noticed that Keitaro was looking at my custom moves thread on smashboards lol.

Might tweet it to D1 and see if he likes, I think I heard he was excited about custom moves.

Revven

I just don't like the random nature of it. I seem to be getting repeats.

I can't believe they actually coded that in on top of the randomness factor to it. It sounds like trying to grind for a single item in an RPG that a boss drops randomly or something. Except even worse because you can get duplicates of the same custom move. :/

JoeM86

I can't believe they actually coded that in on top of the randomness factor to it. It sounds like trying to grind for a single item in an RPG that a boss drops randomly or something. Except even worse because you can get duplicates of the same custom move. :/

One round I went in with Pikachu and got two of the same special move in a single Smash Run

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Seen people say level 9s are hard, I feel like I'm fighting the controls as much or more than them in the demo. I definitely hope they are harder in the Wii U version and the 3DS level 9 is closer to a level 6 or something.

Also FLUDD is terrible and I don't know why Mario keeps that godawful move. I don't know how many times I've hit the down special off stage intending to do the tornado.

And repeat custom moves is extremely pointless, why would they even do that?

georly

One round I went in with Pikachu and got two of the same special move in a single Smash Run

I'm really hoping the 3DS to Wii transfer transfers ALL custom moves over, so you don't have to unlock them all again :/

Right now i don't mind since i'm still working on getting challenges completed, but once i've cleared every mode w/ every fighter, the grind for custom moves will start to wear thin. It's a good 10 minutes of work for 5 custom moves TOPS. Usually it's 1-2.

Don't jinx it! The Wii U version could still be crap.

It was great. 0 latency. Might as well have been playing against bots, for as fast as the game was going. So far, even 1v1 matches have had like a 20+ms delay. Not this one.

For such a matchup to happen at least once means it's totally possible. Outlook very good for Wii U version playing w/ friends.

Revven

Wooooooooowwwwwww, that is amazing...

Almost making me not want to unlock all the custom moves and just get the ones for the characters I'm interested in playing. (Knowing me, though, I probably will try to get them all anyway... in advance for the Wii U version).

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely not. At least not in the demo.

Yeah, I'm not having much trouble at all with them, it's disappointing and causes the demo to struggle to maintain my interest. I'm only going to get better at beating them and I'm already winning almost every match (and when I don't it's because of control-related SDs or bad item luck).

Maybe Mario is just OP though.

JoeInky

And repeat custom moves is extremely pointless, why would they even do that?

Replay value!

Except almost every replay is completely pointless because you end up getting nothing for it.

You can also get customs for a character even after it shows the "You've got every move for this character" message which is incredibly annoying.

Revven

There should at least be an option to buy them for say 1000 coins a piece. I'd be happy with that.

Yeahh, I'm surprised that's not already there as an option. At least then all you'd have to deal with is the randomness of the shop (what custom move appears).

georly

So uh... first infinite found ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDikQiU9fC0

1. b or down smash
2. footstool (you can't tech a footstool)
3. b (which forces you to stand up)
4. down smash
5. ???
6. Get banned !

Neat. 100% confirmed there's no way to tech/roll out of it at any point?

So, what notable trophies are missing from the game? I know Ice climbers/Lucas/Wolf have trophies...

But what about ridley, isaac? Isaac doesn't even have an assist trophy, no?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of ZSS being broken and customs, I still haven't seen anything about her custom moves. Has anyone unlocked any of them?

All Marth/Lucina's are out there now. Still only seen three for Falcon.

Revven

Neat. 100% confirmed there's no way to tech/roll out of it at any point?

You can't tech footstools, so no. You couldn't tech them in Brawl either and similar infinites existed in that game. The character never gets sent into the tumble animation (the hitstun anim. you can tech) and he only footstools the opponent to make them land on the ground, then he uses the laser to jab lock (which you can't tech obviously) to force them to get up again to get footstooled again with Down B.

Example of ZSS footstool infinite in Brawl

You cant just roll out of that shit?

Nope, the jab lock (the laser he's firing when Robin is on the ground) forces them to get up, you cannot roll out of it because of that. Had they actually addressed jab locks properly, this infinite could have also been avoided without making footstools techable. One or the other would have prevented this from happening.

georly

Speaking of ZSS being broken and customs, I still haven't seen anything about her custom moves. Has anyone unlocked any of them?

All Marth/Lucina's are out there now. Still only seen three for Falcon.

I've unlocked one. Turns her neutral b laser into a green one. Reminds me of falco's laser. Does 1% damage and causes an interrupt.

You can't tech footstools, so no. You couldn't tech them in Brawl either and similar infinites existed in that game. The character never gets sent into the tumble animation (the hitstun anim. you can tech) and he only footstools the opponent to make them land on the ground, then he uses the laser to jab lock (which you can't tech obviously) to force them to get up again to get footstooled again with Down B.

Example of ZSS footstool infinite in Brawl

Nope, the jab lock (the laser he's firing when Robin is on the ground) forces them to get up.

I just meant at any other point, but ok! Hope it gets patched soon.

JoeM86

Also worryingly, there's now a small indentation or marking on my circle pad where my thumb usually is. Probably should stop soon, but I have things I have to do for the site.

I just can't break this 3DS before ORAS :/

Also worryingly, there's now a small indentation or marking on my circle pad where my thumb usually is. Probably should stop soon, but I have things I have to do for the site.

I just can't break this 3DS before ORAS :/
Amazon sells those circle pad covers

Revven

I just meant at any other point, but ok! Hope it gets patched soon.

Nahh, the only instance he could tech (if the game allowed it) would be the footstool. But because you can't tech footstools, you can't techroll out. Likewise, because of the jab lock forcing you to get up you can't just use your get up roll to get out of the situation.

I'm curious if they'll patch it (I mean if it becomes prevalent on For Glory, I bet they will) and if they do, I wonder how they'll address it. They should just make footstooling techable, honestly.

But infinites like this in general need good set ups because you can't just footstool someone's shield (footstools don't go through shields) and I don't think ZSS' Down B footstool is the easiest to land on a moving opponent. I guess we'll see what happens with this infinite if it's easy to set up or not.

fanboss

You cant just roll out of that shit?

I'm not sure, since I don't have the game, but if it's like Brawl, then you can't roll out of a footstool directly, and ZSS jab reset Robin before he gets a chance to. (jab reset forces Robin to stand up).

I can't also confirm if this works on all characters or not, but I guess it does.

This should be easily patchable by making it possible to roll after a footstool.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I've unlocked one. Turns her neutral b laser into a green one. Reminds me of falco's laser. Does 1% damage and causes an interrupt.

Like Falco's, so faster and longer range than the standard paralyzer along with the interrupt? That could be good.

Thanks for that, first one I've seen anything for. This table is filling out nicely but her row is still totally blank :(

zroid

Banned

Do you only get repeats in the same session, or can you always get dupes at any time? That would make it really hard to acquire them all...

Metal B

So uh... first infinite found ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDikQiU9fC0

1. b or down smash
2. footstool (you can't tech a footstool)
3. b (which forces you to stand up)
4. down smash
5. ???
6. Get banned !
Why those Robin falls down after the Footstool? This only happens. if the player is in the air, on the ground there is a different animation. Do you automatically fall down, if you get Footstool, while being stunned? Best solution is to patch this element out or disable a Footstool on stunned characters.

georly

Like Falco's, so faster and longer range than the standard paralyzer along with the interrupt? That could be good.

Thanks for that, first one I've seen anything for. This table is filling out nicely but her row is still totally blank :(

I'll try to unlock more for you. I'll work on her now. Got standard b 3, now. Fires a multi-hit ball that travels a short distance. Possibly causing interrupts?

JoeM86

And I was playing Smash Run, got a decent amount of settings and a high score, and the game crashed out, went to the home menu saying there was an error.

:(

georly

And I was playing Smash Run, got a decent amount of settings and a high score, and the game crashed out, went to the home menu saying there was an error.

:(

It's because the game tried to spawn ridley as a boss, but forgot sakurai removed him
because it made the download too big.

Yeah, online's been looking pretty smooth. I've heard some people have had problems with lag however.

It's been OKAY for me so far, but this morning it was perfect, which gives me hope for wired connection Wii U release, playing regionally.

Mik2121

I played some online earlier as well and it was silky smooth. Loving it.

I will be playing tomorrow at work with a couple coworkers, wooo!

Edit: Do we know the exact things to do to unlock all characters? I've unlocked a few (Wario, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, etc..) but dunno if it's mostly random or there are some things to do for some. I assume Dr. Mario was unlocked because I used Mario on the single player mode thing (forgot the name).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom