• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, Japan must love Ike. I've faced three in a row.
KuGsj.gif

In Japan is Ike pronounced "ee-keh"?

Revven

That's actually pretty cool haha. Who said this game doesn't have combos?

Seriously though, is this really any worse than something like the Ice Climbers?

You could do footstool infinites like that in Brawl.

See here

And, no, it's not but if it's easy to set up it could become problematic. The thing about ICs in Brawl was that their CGs were easy as hell to set up and do, so much so that the only way to play that MU in Brawl is literally to never get grabbed and KO Nana as quickly as possible. Which sounds easy to do on paper but in actuality it's not lol. So whenever ICs were on-screen it degenerated to a slow game of chipping away at each other because the non-ICs opponent didn't want to commit to anything that could get him grabbed and then infinited to KO.

I would think if the footstool infinite with ZSS becomes prevalent (which means it'd have to be easy to set up and do) on For Glory, it'll be patched out. Otherwise, if it's a situational infinite then it won't be patched at all and could be something ZSS gets to do when the opportunity arises.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'll try to unlock more for you. I'll work on her now. Got standard b 3, now. Fires a multi-hit ball that travels a short distance. Possibly causing interrupts?

Awesome. Don't do it for me, but I assume you wouldn't and are interested in doing it anyway.

Keep using ZSS online tryhards. You can't out ZeRo ZeRo.

It's nice my Brawl main is looking good in this game. Especially since my Melee main/Brawl secondary (Marth) is apparently nerfed. That just means it is Falcon's time for a comeback!

You could do footstool infinites like that in Brawl.

See here

And, no, it's not but if it's easy to set up it could become problematic. The thing about ICs in Brawl was that their CGs were easy as hell to set up and do, so much so that the only way to play that MU in Brawl is literally to never get grabbed and KO Nana as quickly as possible. Which sounds easy to do on paper but in actuality it's not lol. So whenever ICs were on-screen it degenerated to a slow game of chipping away at each other because the non-ICs opponent didn't want to commit to anything that could get him grabbed and then infinited to KO.

I would think if the footstool infinite with ZSS becomes prevalent (which means it'd have to be easy to set up and do) on For Glory, it'll be patched out. Otherwise, if it's a situational infinite then it won't be patched at all and could be something ZSS gets to do when the opportunity arises.
Interesting, thanks for the info! Hopefully it doesn't become too prevalent/isn't too easy to do, that would be a cool thing to see in as a last resort in a tournament or something.

Azure J

Character salt is always the best. I'll be the first to tell you how much I hate fighting against certain characters in games when they hit the right combination of stupid (hello Project M Mario, Brawl Metaknight, Marvel 3 Zero & Vergil) but I always wonder why people extend that to hating people who play those characters.

This is even more so relevant when I consider the "fuck Marth" brigade earlier in the Smash OTs and my own interest in adding Zero Suit Samus to my ever growing short list (heh) of veterans to give a second look.

Character salt is always the best. I'll be the first to tell you how much I hate fighting against certain characters in games when they hit the right combination of stupid (hello Project M Mario, Brawl Metaknight, Marvel 3 Zero & Vergil) but I always wonder why people extend that to hating people who play those characters.

This is even more so relevant when I consider the "fuck Marth" brigade earlier in the Smash OTs and my own interest in adding Zero Suit Samus to my ever growing short list (heh) of veterans to give a second look.

speak for yourself, you Lucina hater :p

georly

OK, So ZSS so far

Neutral special
2: Falco style laser, causes 1% damage and interrupt. Can be charged (for 1 second) to do 3% damage.
3: blue electric ball, causes multi-hit, 1% each. Can be charged to do 1-3% per hit.

Side Special
3: Pull the opponent towards you if it hits.

Down Special
2:pressing B again after using down B causes a diagonal spike kick that goes in the opposite direction.

Up special
2: rockets up faster, hits harder? Has a little bit of starting delay. Not sure what the true difference is, but it feels different? Oh, it only hits at the start and end, doesn't hit in the middle.
3: Covers more less vertical distance, but more horizontal distance on the 2nd kick

Jaeger

Yea, Project M Mario is a pain. No lag on most of his normals, and hard to hit when performing airs and smash attacks.

Fuck him.

Golnei

I know it's not that much of an issue, but I really hope the next game will have slightly better facial animation.

tumblr_nbx6bjLXb11qkq1zyo1_400.gif

Glubglubglubglub.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Wooooooooowwwwwww, that is amazing...

Almost making me not want to unlock all the custom moves and just get the ones for the characters I'm interested in playing. (Knowing me, though, I probably will try to get them all anyway... in advance for the Wii U version).
Unlocking things are dumb in general, then they make it worse with this shit.

My dad is going to Japan tommorow for a several meetings with Bandai Namco. So tempted to ask him to pick up a 2DS and Smash Bros for me...But the wait is going to be so difficult.

At least the demo is easing the waiting.

Lvl 9s dont seem very hard to fight imo. I would relate alot of my trouble to playing with 3DS and the control scheme. I would straight up dog a lvl9 cpu with gamecube controller.

Azure J

speak for yourself, you Lucina hater :p

Touche. :p

I don't think I've gone too far with the dislike yet. Her fans haven't hit Cult of Pink Gold Peach levels of nutty after all.

Yea, Project M Mario is a pain. No lag on most of his normals, and hard to hit when performing airs and smash attacks.

Fuck him.

Project M Mario is the Kurokami Medaka of Smash Bros. Anything you do, he'll out-do you at.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
OK, So ZSS so far

Neutral special
2: Falco style laser, causes 1% damage and interrupt. Can be charged (for 1 second) to do 3% damage.
3: blue electric ball, causes multi-hit, 1% each. Can be charged to do 1-3% per hit.

Side Special

Up special
2: rockets up faster, hits harder? Has a little bit of starting delay. Not sure what the true difference is, but it feels different? Oh, it only hits at the start and end, doesn't hit in the middle.

Side special 3 sounds like the Project M Plasma Whip. Has moderate knockback that sends the opponent toward you (generally over ZSS' head) instead of functioning as a KO move. (I'm assuming you don't mean it's a grab, since that would be the same as her Z grab.)

Not the first thing in the game that is similar to P:M either, I can't help but wonder if it had any influence on the devs.

Wait so custom moves can repeat themselves in Smash Run/Classic/etc.?

Haha that sucks, at least you can go character by character and unlock them right.

Azure J

OK, So ZSS so far

Neutral special

Side Special

Up special

"GET OVER HERE" confirmed?

Oh man, it's going to be great to play a character with Grapple setups again. I had fun with the last one.

georly

Side special 3 sounds like the Project M Plasma Whip. Has moderate knockback that sends the opponent toward you (generally over ZSS' head) instead of functioning as a KO move. (I'm assuming you don't mean it's a grab, since that would be the same as her Z grab.)

Not the first thing in the game that is similar to P:M either, I can't help but wonder if it had any influence on the devs.

"GET OVER HERE" confirmed?

Oh man, it's going to be great to play a character with Grapple setups again. I had fun with the last one.

I'll have off-screen pictures in a few. If someone could translate them, that'd be a bonus :p

Nothing like joeinky does, this is a hack-job!

emb

how the fuck do I have 10059 coins
I checked after my first few demo sessions, and already had like 5000. Apparently only 500 transfer over though. :/

Are you playing the full game? Can anyone who is give an idea of how many coins are generally needed for buying things and such?

AdaWong

Is there any way we can get the official English names for all final smashes? Now with FS trophies cut, how can we know?

Blizzard

Banned
Definitely not. At least not in the demo.
It depends on your skill level. Level 9's are QUITE hard for me with crazy reaction times, and I've seen other people say the same thing.

The thing I dislike most is not the reaction/dodge times, but the ability to get out of grabs near-instantly. I hardly ever even circle pad mash when I'm grabbed because I don't want to break my circle pad, but the few times I've tried it, it still takes maybe two seconds to have a chance at breaking out of a grab.

I was winning maybe 1/3 of the time in the demo with Mario against level 9 Megaman, and that was after hours of practice.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Down Special
2:pressing B again after using down B causes a diagonal spike kick that goes in the opposite direction.

This one is confusing. In Brawl ZSS could choose which way to kick, and the kick did have a spike. Don't remember if it was the whole thing or just part of its hitbox though. Has the standard move changed?

Edit: Based on the picture it... looks like the P:M down special. Lol.

georly

Ok, here they are (missing 2 of them)

ZSS Moves!

Neutral B

Side B

Up B

Down B

• Neutral Special (Paralyzer) - fires a paralyzing shot, charge to increase power and range
  • Custom Neutral 1 (Blaster Shot) - range and speed increase, but power decreases and loses paralyzing effect
  • Custom Neutral 2 (Spreading Paralyzer) - shot explodes in front of ZSS like a flare, travels a short distance, but hits a wide range
  • Side Special (Plasma Whip) - brandishes the whip built into her gun, latches onto ledges
  • Custom Side 1 (?)
  • Custom Side 2 (Snare Whip) - ensnares opponent and draws them in, does not connect if you are too close to the opponent
  • Up Special (Boost Kick) - uses her rocket heels to jump high, performs a multi-hit kick followed by a spinning finisher
  • Custom Up 1 (Impact Kick) - launches opponents skyward with a jump kick, spinning finisher is extremely powerful
  • Custom Up 2 (Slide Booster) - lowers the boost on her heels and performs a low jump kick, uses extra strength to boost forward
  • Down Special (Flip Kick) - flips through the air and drives opponents into the ground, press the button while airborne to perform a powerful kick
  • Custom Down 1 (Comet Kick) - press the button while airborne to deliver a sharp falling kick, does not drive opponents into the ground while flipping
  • Custom Down 2 (?)

There you go! :D Also, I just had an AWESOME Pit vs Dark Pit match online! I made sure to save it in case someday we can find a way to put those on YouTube or something.

This one is confusing. In Brawl ZSS could choose which way to kick, and the kick did have a spike. Don't remember if it was the whole thing or just part of its hitbox though. Has the standard move changed?

When I press b on the standard move, it just does a back air kick, and not a spike. With the custom, it spikes BACKWARDS, all the way to the ground. So if you're flipping OVER an enemy, it will hit them once you go over them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom