• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
866531588.jpg

This one felt nice. First three kill match in the demo against a level 9 CPU in the no-items mode. I'm getting the hang of using Pika's dair to defend off the edge of the stage.

Just curious, has anyone managed to get four kills in the same situation? It seemed like I had to play perfectly to get three in two minutes.

Lot better than I ever did with Pikachu. I did well to get two.

4 with Mario is the best I did in the demo. Best part is that 3 came in the last 40 seconds.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
That little mac recovery though...

RIP Makai.

Unbounded

866531588.jpg

This one felt nice. First three kill match in the demo against a level 9 CPU in the no-items mode. I'm getting the hang of using Pika's dair to defend off the edge of the stage.

Just curious, has anyone managed to get four kills in the same situation? It seemed like I had to play perfectly to get three in two minutes.

I've done four with Link and 3-4 with Megaman.

Falawful

866531588.jpg

I can semi-consistently 3 or 4-stock a level 9 Mario now using Megaman within the time limit. Mostly by baiting the AI into meteors that a human Mario would just cape back at my face lol.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Man some of you guys are too good. I can barely even win against level 9s let alone win 3-0 lol.

Has nothing to do with being good at all. It's really all about exploiting the AI using meteor smashes that any human player would try to dodge out of. Mario is particularly easy to do this with if you only have the demo.

Has nothing to do with being good at all. It's really all about exploiting the AI using meteor smashes that any human player would try to dodge out of. Mario is particularly easy to do this with if you only have the demo.

Every time I try to use Links new meteor smash I miss and fall to my death.

And no I would most likely not be able to dodge a human player.

Edit: lol Pikachu just demolished me 0-2

ugoo18

866531588.jpg

Done 3-0 with Mario and Link, closest i've gotten to 4-0 was with Mario but the time ran out as the CPU was flying off the screen to die.

staen

Every time I try to use Links new meteor smash I miss and fall to my death.

And no I would most likely not be able to dodge a human player.

Edit: lol Pikachu just demolished me 0-2

Try using Mario. Easy to meteor smash with. I've gotten 5 kills on a lvl 9 CPU Link with Mario, and I've never been good at fighting games or smash.

Is there any competitive footage of pacman? All I've seen so far is people goofing around in single player. Seems like no one is picking him up yet.

JoeInky

Why did they nerf Ness? :,(

ness2.gif

That only works if the other guy doesn't know how to VI, or keeps trying to dair into disjointed hitboxes and high priority Uairs. The only thing that will work is those first 2 UTilts at very low percentages.

Tilt strings are boring anyway, and they're practically the main type of true combo in this game :/

Is there any competitive footage of pacman? All I've seen so far is people goofing around in single player. Seems like no one is picking him up yet.

ZeRo used him a few times against my Ness, I don't like playing against Pacman, I haven't figured out the best way to punish his dash attack yet because it's high priority, he moves past you whilst shielded, it's multihit so if you try to roll back and punish it you get hit or if you try to grab between hits you still get hit, and the endlag can be instantly cancelled into a quick ftilt which pushes me away enough to not be able to grab.

I guess I should just start jumping and attacking from behind, but it's harder to do that online at close range and I wouldn't be surprised if it still had a small hitbox behind him.

CassSept

Damn I'm starting to get used to new physics and it's so great. The more I play the more fun I have, this game so far feels like it hits a sweet spot between Melee and Brawl and it's so so faster than Brawl, it doesn't feel like everyone is fighting in mud. And it's only the demo, I'm playing with five characters and one stage!

My thumbs hurt but well, greatness awaits.

PKGaming

Banned
I just went on Mario Wiki and noticed this. These are the voice actresses for Rosalina and which games each actress played her in….why does it say one actress played her in the 3DS version of Smash while another in the WiiU version? Why the heck aren’t they the same??

* Kerri Kane (Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, Mario Golf: World Tour, and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS)

* Laura Faye Smith (Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)

SuperSah

Banned
I just went on Mario Wiki and noticed this. These are the voice actresses for Rosalina and which games each actress played her in….why does it say one actress played her in the 3DS version of Smash while another in the WiiU version? Why the heck aren’t they the same??

* Kerri Kane (Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, Mario Golf: World Tour, and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS)

* Laura Faye Smith (Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)

Exclusve features.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

So you are saying SMG Bowser still has a chance?

Wait, you mean there is still hope for superior MK8 Koopalings?

Sorry the doesn't answer the question, all I can think for the change is all the Kerri Kane works recycle voices from MK7.

They werent gonna use the 3DS voice for the Wii Us story mode.

Forkball

So I've had 100 FOR GLORY matches. 50 each.

Four person stats:
12 victories
20 second places

Since it's two minute timed battles it's hard to do well consistently. It's almost random. There are times when I thought I was doing poorly, only to end up in first place. I really wish this mode was stock. A two stock mode with four players would go by pretty quickly. I really hate the wombo combos I end up in. Someone will throw me into another person's up smash and then I'm finished off by a third person's aerial attack. DID THEY PLAN THIS BEFOREHAND?

1 on 1:
26 victories
24 defeats

ABOVE .500 BABY. I lost 7 out of my last 8 matches, people are getting too good. There is a decent diversity of characters, I never run into a streak of the same fighter. Though I do get clobbered sometimes, I've had a lot of intense, palm-sweating matches. You can really feel the size of the blast boxes though. There were so many times I thought I nailed the game-winning hit, only to see that goober still in the circle. I've broken down character selection patterns.

Tryhard wannabes: Fox, Rosalina, Sheik
People who are actually having fun: Villager
In the middle: Mario, Capt. Falcon, Robin
People who desperately want to lose: Little Mac, Lucina
"Fuck it, I'm picking Ike": Ike
"I want to be the most annoying asshole possible": Sonic

Online has been incredibly smooth. I don't even remember if I've had any lag in a 1v1 match. In four player matches there's always some jerk who comes in and brings everything to a halt. It's really apparent when you one person is slowing everyone down. I was playing a series of matches with the same three guys, but one of them left. A new guy joins and we lag it out for two minutes. That guy leaves, a new guy enters, and everything's fine again. If you are lagging, make sure you aren't the reason.

Anura

So I've had 100 FOR GLORY matches. 50 each.

Four person stats:
12 victories
20 second places

Since it's two minute timed battles it's hard to do well consistently. It's almost random. There are times when I thought I was doing poorly, only to end up in first place. I really wish this mode was stock. A two stock mode with four players would go by pretty quickly. I really hate the wombo combos I end up in. Someone will throw me into another person's up smash and then I'm finished off by a third person's aerial attack. DID THEY PLAN THIS BEFOREHAND?

1 on 1:
26 victories
24 defeats

ABOVE .500 BABY. I lost 7 out of my last 8 matches, people are getting too good. There is a decent diversity of characters, I never run into a streak of the same fighter. Though I do get clobbered sometimes, I've had a lot of intense, palm-sweating matches. You can really feel the size of the blast boxes though. There were so many times I thought I nailed the game-winning hit, only to see that goober still in the circle. I've broken down character selection patterns.

Tryhard wannabes: Fox, Rosalina, Sheik
People who are actually having fun: Villager
In the middle: Mario, Capt. Falcon, Robin
People who desperately want to lose: Little Mac, Lucina
"Fuck it, I'm picking Ike": Ike
"I want to be the most annoying asshole possible": Sonic

Online has been incredibly smooth. I don't even remember if I've had any lag in a 1v1 match. In four player matches there's always some jerk who comes in and brings everything to a halt. It's really apparent when you one person is slowing everyone down. I was playing a series of matches with the same three guys, but one of them left. A new guy joins and we lag it out for two minutes. That guy leaves, a new guy enters, and everything's fine again. If you are lagging, make sure you aren't the reason.

I haven't seen a single sonic! Only ever seen 1 Ike and 1 other Robin too. I get a lot of mac and sheik though. There is still tons of diversity online and that's great. Online really is amazing in this game!

Out of 138 1vs1 matches I've lost 32 and won 105. I don't know where that last match is as that only adds up to 137...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom