• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more thing to add ot th elist of absolute disappointments / things i cannot believe Sakurai, the perfectionist, forgot to do:

- No special rules (yet they can be in Smash Run final battle)
- Fixed time limit on Smash Tun all the time
- No D-Pad option
- No Items Frequency

Everytime i remember any of the things mentioned above my hype drops by 20% :(

Da fahk?! No item frequency?

I love playing with items.... but on LOW. I never do items off in the old games.. But the frequency of items in the demo is sickening. I play the final destination stages just to avoid that shit.

And I reiterate.. I'm an item loving casual. I usually turn up my nose at those Fox only no items guys.

But ick.

This is the first time I've heard this.

What the hell are they doing to this release? It looks like shit (low res, small screen), it plays like shit (circle pad, not fun to grip), and thanks 3DS, no ice climbers.

God dammit. That no item frequency thing is just nearly the last straw.

edit:
You don't know what happened to ShowVideoGames?? I'll tell you in a few words:
Cheating, Orgy and Betrayals.

Can you elaborate please? Is there a deposit of information I can catch up on?
You've piqued my interest.

emb

Well, I've been bored of Fox and Captain Falcon since Melee. And ZSS has a similarly boring playstyle.
It's a bit different to me, since the new game handles pretty differently.

I never got bored of Melee Falcon, but Smash 4 Falcon already doesn't look exciting.

Fox is kinda fun to watch in this game, for me, so far.

Da fahk?! No item frequency?

I love playing with items.... but on LOW. I never do items off in the old games.. But the frequency of items in the demo is sickening. I play the final destination stages just to avoid that shit.

And I reiterate.. I'm an item loving casual. I usually turn up my nose at those Fox only no items guys.

But ick.

This is the first time I've heard this.

What the hell are they doing to this release? It looks like shit (low res, small screen), it plays like shit (circle pad, not fun to grip), and thanks 3DS, no ice climbers.

God dammit. That no item frequency thing is just nearly the last straw.

edit:

Can you elaborate please? Is there a deposit of information I can catch up on?
You've piqued my interest.

From what I saw on Reddit, his wife apparently slept with 20 guys and performed other acts of a sexual nature to random dudes. She was kissing other guys in front of her husband and he got fed up and left the scene (a convention or tourny?). Sounded pretty bad.

It looks like shit (low res, small screen), it plays like shit (circle pad, not fun to grip)

Seriously disagree with both of these things.

I think it looks great. Easily one of the best looking games on the 3DS.

And I think it also plays great once you get used to the controls. It's still no Gamecube controller, but portable Smash never was going to be.

Piano

Banned
Can someone confirm there's no item frequency? That would be a HUGE bummer for me (though I'm waiting for the Wii U version, don't own a 3DS). I've always played with items on LOW and broken items turned off.

FSLink

Banned
Can someone confirm there's no item frequency? That would be a HUGE bummer for me (though I'm waiting for the Wii U version, don't own a 3DS). I've always played with items on LOW and broken items turned off.

There is no item frequency on the 3DS version.

Also fuck custom moves, unlocking them is a pain. :( I've been trying to get Ganondorf's and I keep getting duplicates.

DaBoss

attack and sidestep, but I could be missing the timing of it
CPUs are probably just cheating anyways. :p
Oh whoops, I guess I got the impression that he's only using good characters cause that's kinda how he mains characters in the smash games..
Yea, I can see why you would come to that conclusion, but he hasn't really done that so far. He has been using nearly every character from what I've seen on his stream. Would be unfair to say he has only been using few characters.

Seriously disagree with both of these things.

I think it looks great. Easily one of the best looking games on the 3DS.

And I think it also plays great once you get used to the controls. It's still no Gamecube controller, but portable Smash never was going to be.

'Shit' might be exaggerating. I'm just a little sour about how these little issues keep piling up.

I can get acquainted to the small screen, and yeah, it looks great on the system..

But I just can't adjust to the circle slider.. I actively dislike that thing.

FSLink

Banned
wait

why do you get duplicates? What do you do with duplicates?

Nothing. They're just there to make you angry when you play through Classic mode for the millionth time trying to get one of the last custom moves to drop for a character

Mr-Joker

Banned
Sorry if this have been asked before but how does Charizard plays, is he any better from his brawl day and more importantly how fast is he?

EulaCapra

Luigi not having an Electric Ball custom doesn't bother me in a game where Samus doesn't get Ice Beam and none of Jigglypuff's Rest customs actually heal her.

Ice Ball looks nifty. Shame there's still no Ice Flower item or Ice color alts for Mario or Luigi.

Sorry if this have been asked before but how does Charizard plays, is he any better from his brawl day and more importantly how fast is he?

From what I've seen, he looks... not very good. :(

I assume he's better than Brawl, though, based solely on the fact that he's no longer bogged down by Squirtle and Ivysaur.

Azure J

...I feel like I'm missing something with regards to this desire for electric fireballs for Luigi. That said, fuck yeah they brought back the N64 Luigi Cyclone with the Down Special 3. :D

...I feel like I'm missing something with regards to this desire for electric fireballs for Luigi. That said, fuck yeah they brought back the N64 Luigi Cyclone with the Down Special 3. :D

Luigi used electric based attacks in one Mario and Luigi game.

He's used Ice Flowers in at least half a dozen games + Doc uses electricity for his fire. It makes more sense to give him ice balls.

Neiteio

Charizard looked great the few times I saw him in a stream. His new side special has very quick startup and hits like a missile. Great horizontal recovery. And I have to imagine it's more intuitive having Rock Smash assigned to down special now. All in all, he seems like a good rushdown character. He's probably heavy, too, which should help him last even longer with the new blast zones.

emb

So when I try to pivot grab, about half the time an ftilt comes out. Is it missed timing, am I getting the direction wrong, something else? Let me know if there are any common pitfalls to it.

Some of em yeah, some no. It depresses me that Nintendo is going to patch out cool glitches. Like Melee's blackhole and MH, or Brawl's giant Jigglypuff. Stuff like that probably won't survive either. Still cool to think that stuff like that Robin infinite will go I guess.

Bleep

So when I try to pivot grab, about half the time an ftilt comes out. Is it missed timing, am I getting the direction wrong, something else? Let me know if there are any common pitfalls to it.

You have to pivot and hit grab at the same time, if you get a tilt you are pressing grab too late.

Josephl64

played classic on 9.0 10x and still didn't get any new custom moves for my pika...I'm on the verge of giving up and sticking with what I got

Timeaisis

OK, I'm definitely getting better at Megaman. Utilt is for sure his best move for killing. It's magical.

Semi-off topic, but it's going to be weird having an OT2 for Smash 3DS before it even comes out here.

Serrato

Today, when I was returning home from work, someone challenged me at smash because I was playing it in the bus ( I was actually playing Dual Destinies).

I was challenged at a DEMO. (For those who wonder, I crushed him 3-0)

Can this game not come out tomorrow please?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Today, when I was returning home from work, someone challenged me at smash because I was playing it in the bus ( I was actually playing Dual Destinies).

The hype.

THE HYPE.

Tan

Aw that's awesome.

Teknoman

Did they say something to you, or did some challenge pop up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom