• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT2| Nintendo All-Stars Battle Quarter Pounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
puuulh.gif

Crocodile

I'm confused. Do people NEVER EVER want timeouts? That seems super impractical, all fighting games have occasional timeouts. I'd say it would be a problem if it was super frequent - like say early Street Fighter x Tekken was. There have been timeouts but I'm not seeing some sort of epidemic. I'm not opposed to 2-stock rules but I'm not seeing any sort of endemic issue that's forcing such a switch from a spectator perspective.

Jawmuncher

I'm confused. Do people NEVER EVER want timeouts? That seems super impractical, all fighting games have occasional timeouts. I'd say it would be a problem if it was super frequent - like say early Street Fighter x Tekken was. There have been timeouts but I'm not seeing some sort of epidemic. I'm not opposed to 2-stock rules but I'm not seeing any sort of endemic issue that's forcing such a switch from a spectator perspective.

The only input I have is, it sucks to see a close match end with sudden death. No matter how great the match or players were. sudden death is always a weak affair.

The only input I have is, it sucks to see a close match end with sudden death. No matter how great the match or players were. sudden death is always a weak affair.

sudden death is never actually played out though, it's determined by % at the time

anyway the only reason people seem to be clinging to 3 stock is because that's what it was in Brawl, even though that turned to be a really poor decision (aka "hey let's copy over Melee's ruleset" syndrome)

it would have been funny if it was Falco lol, but that would never happen

I love the Samus part of the later part of the trailer. The crowd starts getting hyped like crazy. Here he comes, omg Ridley, HERE HE IS... oh... Pikachu... You can even hear a half hearted "woo?" from the crowd. You can almost feel the disappointment in the air.

All these years later and he's still being requested.

He's like some kind of Smash Bigfoot at this point. I'm convinced him being a playable character in Smash is a sign of the impending apocalypse. I'm pretty sure at least the Internet as a whole would crash for a few minutes in pure hype.

Jawmuncher

sudden death is never actually played out though, it's determined by % at the time

anyway the only reason people seem to be clinging to 3 stock is because that's what it was in Brawl, even though that turned to be a really poor decision (aka "hey let's copy over Melee's ruleset" syndrome)

Oh I haven't seen these tourneys and the last one I did see had the Sudden Death rule. I guess that's better than.

Crocodile

That was a sweet comeback! We wouldn't have seen that with two stocks..........

There are certainly pros and cons to either stock count I will admit. My personal opinion is that three stocks isn't an issue. Anything can change over time though :p

That was a sweet comeback! We wouldn't have seen that with two stocks..........

There are certainly pros and cons to either stock count I will admit. My personal opinion is that three stocks isn't an issue. Anything can change over time though :p

Something tells me people would have preferred seeing Little Mac win rather than a Sheik comeback :p

not me though go Sheik

My problem is more with Zeph and Aero being boring players to watch than anything with 3-stock. :p

Pyrokai

They weren't cheering for Ridley, they were cheering for Metroid.

ahhhhhhhhh stop this train

Yeah if you watch the second part of the video where they show each character, they gave an equally loud applause when Samus appeared.

Also, lol @ the end after they show Ice Climbers: "man they really dug for that one"

RomanceDawn

Yeah if you watch the second part of the video where they show each character, they gave an equally loud applause when Samus appeared.

Also, lol @ the end after they show Ice Climbers: "man they really dug for that one"

I thought he said "they really dumb for that one"

DooD1234

Is this concept art for a new Zelda game by Platinum? Link has never moved that quickly in his life.
I wish Link move that awesome in the real smash games. He always so slow and he doesn't even hit that hard compared to other characters. Here hoping he is much better this time around although his track record suggest he won't be that great compared to the rest of the cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom