• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT2| Nintendo All-Stars Battle Quarter Pounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayolan

Unused Announcer Clips found. Mainly just for modes not present in the 3DS version, although "8-player Smash" raises an eyebrow...

Maybe some hope for stuff left out of the 3DS version but in the Wii U version?

Of particular interest there's:
-Boss Battle-should also point out Brawl's Boss Battle 1 theme is in the game. Don't know where it's used though
-Tourney/The Champion Is-probably tournament mode returning in Wii U
-Event Match-Events returning to Wii U?
-Grab the Coins-Coin Mode in Wii U?
-Special Smash-Special smashes (AKA metal/flower/lightning/etc) back in Wii U?
-8 player Smash

I don't know why you are quoting me about making that claim because I don't really care if people are going to main whatever characters they want.

Oh I meant to add to it rather than really reply to it, quoted to show what I was referring to. There's no way around bandwagons as you said so I don't see why they should be criticized. Same way people being so-called tier-whores/low-tier heroes shouldn't matter either, yet it always ends up being discussed.

go on, why don't you point them out instead of just making a general accusation?

because aside from "eh will do this on the Wii U" I'm not seeing much of it

lol that shit came out of nowhere for real

I always feel awkward leaving another player if the connection is too laggy or sporadic. It always feels like I'm coming off as a sore winner/loser.

I'd like to play some 1v1s if possible before I go pick up something from the store :p

I wouldn't mind FFAs if it comes down to that either.

3007-8076-1049

Clefargle

go on, why don't you point them out instead of just making a general accusation?

because aside from "eh will do this on the Wii U" I'm not seeing much of it

Ok

Gabukin said:
I agree with Shokio, This looks pretty difficult to pull of consistently while worrying about what your opponents doing.
Also they seem rather difficult. I've been trying them out in training mode with no success.

JediLink said:
I never thought I'd see the day where Smash 4 might require more tech skill than Melee. Why can't we just have regular damn dash dancing, Sakurai?

Huzuko said:
Besides this not being the most useful thing in the world, the 3DS's circle pad isn't responsive enough to consistently pull off movements like this. Anyone that's played the game knows that it can be difficult to simply turn around or the game will read the opposite direction of what you pressed. I thought my 3DS was broken until I started seeing similar complaints online and in gameplay videos.

What did that accomplish that you clicking the link and reading 1 1/2 pages of text couldn't?

Timeaisis

I feel like my biggest weakness in Smash has always been follow-ups. I'm usually too hesitant to go for combos or followups to attacks out of fear of being punished by something.

Blizzard

Banned
I always feel awkward leaving another player if the connection is too laggy or sporadic. It always feels like I'm coming off as a sore winner/loser.
I still want to play you some time since we should have great ping.

I'm happy to quit after any match that is super laggy. I don't mind losing a lot as much as I mind bad connections.

Ok

What did that accomplish that you clicking the link and reading 1 1/2 pages of text couldn't?

one dude who actually straight up complained about it (and got shouted down by the rest of the thread), one dude who wondered why it suddenly got more complicated than before, and one dude with the standard "eh it's kinda awkward on 3DS"

imagine what opinions people would have of SmashGAF if they just cherry picked the worst posts

Tenck

Hmm, tried last time but hopefully it won't be a problem this time; would you guys mind me joining and then just SDing at the start to watch?

Actually I'll play if this offer is still available! FC is 3007-8076-1049

I'm hosting right now. My name is デイビッド

Clefargle

one dude who actually straight up complained about it (and got shouted down by the rest of the thread), one dude who wondered why it suddenly got more complicated than before, and one dude with the standard "eh it's kinda awkward on 3DS"

imagine what opinions people would have of SmashGAF if they just cherry picked the worst posts

I didn't cherry pick until you asked me to. I never said that the entirety of smashboards was of this opinion. All I said was that those few people were funny because of their ridiculous opinions. Never made any "accusations", makes me wonder why you're vehemently defending that sort of silliness.

@Kouichi

Don't mean to run so soon but haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I'm clearly outclassed by you in pretty much every way. Good games, dude. You are way, way, way, way, way, way better than I am.

I screwed up my circle pad by doing homerun contest over and over. It's still connected and works but I can definitely feel something broken inside :( bummed out.
3DS XL? Sounds like you broke a piece of the plastic under the rubber, and now it's stuck inside. Try to make it fall off, it could still work for a while.

Circle paf finalle fell in battle.

Actually it is still on he 3ds, but doesn't seem to react like before when I make input to the rights, what would be a tap to dads, only makes the character walk now. Righy side smashes come off as tilts now.

On the select character screen when I tap diagonally up to the left it will continue sliding the cursor/hand after I let go off the button, same when done to the right.

rip. send to Nintendo?
Two in a row D:
Mine broke a few hours ago.

Kouichi

@Kouichi

Don't mean to run so soon but haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I'm clearly outclassed by you in pretty much every way. Good games, dude. You are way, way, way, way, way, way better than I am.

Haha it's alright! I'm trying my best to show people how much of threat Falco still is :D

Fun games though! You were really good! First player I've fought that actually used Rosalina properly :p For Glory players have no idea what they're doing with her. You're also the first Sheik I've played oddly enough.

Anybody have any tips to get connected online? Does playing with friends connect easier? I've spent several long calls with Nintendo's support team and I'm still unable to play online. eShop, Miiverse, etc... works but I'm unable to play online. Support said my router should not be the issue. 3DS has been added to the DMZ. If anyone has had this issue and been able to solve it please let me know.

Salsa

I wanna smash but ive spent all day typing work and my hand cramps

dawson-crying.gif

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just learned this trick to get the 10,40,100 Training Mode Combo Achievements.

Play as Ness, set damage to 999, grab the foe and just tap away to pummel. Takes like 30-seconds to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom