• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT2| Nintendo All-Stars Battle Quarter Pounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I've never understood the Smash community's obsession with getting our tierlists ASAP. They did it with Brawl, too. Of course it will change drastically over time. Check Melee's from 2002 to now. Much different.

It's not just Smash Community. It's normal for Fighting Games Community. They are always wrong with tier lists so just enjoy your characters. It's just people's obsessions to main bestest and strongest characters.

Chances are that the "Japan only" will be removed upon overseas release and this will be the general OT for 3DS.

Yep, you are correct!

NotLiquid

New thread! But hasn't that title been used before?

Anyway, it's only a week left and I'm feeling the hype more than ever.

Used to be the title for thread one but it was switched when people were confused why we got an OT for the game before it's even out in western territories.

Dragoshi1

Has Yoshi been confirmed beast yet?

I know his move set got big improvements, and I've been following the competitive character discussion on Smashboards but no one seems to be using him in actual streams and whatnot. Even aMSa chose Greninja this time around. Damn.

Yoshi got buffed from Brawl to SSB4.

He can jump in his egg roll now, his up smash feels stronger, his eggs actually do more damage now, and go farther before they break.

I've been using Yoshi exclusively for 1v1, and he can hold his own for sure. Bulky enough not to be sent flying, and light enough to be pretty fast, and hits pretty hard.

I'm honestly sort of paranoid about the local multiplayer apparently suffering from major lag issues if you're unlucky. Why would that be an issue with Smash when it isn't as much with other 3DS games?

i've played tons and tons of matches and i've never had even the slightest lag.
i played in cars, trains, at home, restaurants in large cities.

Since Wario can now eat most things Villager can pocket in this game with Bite (+ being a very solid command grab)

Wario > Villager. :3

Golnei

No way is this accurate. Diddy is way better than that suggests.

Japan's finest minds disagree.
tumblr_nbgrdmFQ0z1qed21xo1_1280.png

Dr. Buni

Robin seems to be pretty popular so far. Nairo has been playing her, so there's some good footage out there. I think there's a lot of potential.
I am trying to avoid watching footage of the game, but that is nice to hear. I was/am "scared" because that ZSS combo thing could hinder Reflet's potential.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I am trying to avoid watching footage of the game, but that is nice to hear. I was/am "scared" because that ZSS combo thing could hinder Reflet's potential.

That's a bug and it will probably be patched anyway.

Also, people taking any "tier list" seriously right now = lol. There isn't data available to make a tier list with, anything right now is just based on personal impressions and anecdotals.

Jawmuncher

Robin thus far has to be one of the most popular character. There's Always someone mentioning her and the potential she has.
Though with all that talk I haven't seen her as much as I would have thought. Everyone is practicing in the background I guess.

emb

I hope not. Even if it doesn't get patched, I think the setup for it looked kinda situational? Or at least I wanted it to be, lol. Dunno. But yeah, probably going away after a bit anyway.

Robin's magic tomes seem really strong. Up B can kinda spike as it goes down, and the fire + thunder spells look like great zoning tools when used together. From what I've seen you can usually follow up from the fire with an aerial or something too. And all the Levin sword hits look and sound really strong/satisfying. Definitely a character I'm looking forward to trying.

Dr. Buni

I hope not. Even if it doesn't get patched, I think the setup for it looked kinda situational? Or at least I wanted it to be, lol. Dunno. But yeah, probably going away after a bit anyway.

Robin's magic tomes seem really strong. Up B can kinda spike as it goes down, and the fire + thunder spells look like great zoning tools when used together. From what I've seen you can usually follow up from the fire with an aerial or something too. And all the Levin sword hits look and sound really strong/satisfying. Definitely a character I'm looking forward to trying.
It does look kind of situational, but then again (from what I read), stuff like that was enough to drop DK a few tiers in the Brawl tier list?

Anyways, it is not like I care about tiers. I play Zelda, after all.

I am looking forward to play Robin the most, right behind Bowser Jr. It is funny because I don't like Awakening that much, but Robin is an amazing character to me, even before Smash.
you know Robin wouldn't be nearly as popular without the female alts
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png
I wouldn't care about Robin at all if not by the fact they can be of either gender in Smash.

Golnei

Female Robin is best Robin.

Female Wii Fit Trainer > Male
Male Villager > Female
Male Marth = Female Marth

I prefer the female Villager and Robin; but the Male Wii Fit Trainer is superior to his counterpart. He seems significantly less psychopathic, and as close to 'cute' as a blank-eyed eldritch fitness mannequin could conceivably get.

Revven

Don't worry about that, it's a highly situational infinite and it requires one of ZSS' custom moves for her Down B (at least that's what I heard). And since custom moves are banned in For Glory/For Fun, you won't have to worry about it.

Dr. Buni

Don't worry about that, it's a highly situational infinite and it requires one of ZSS' custom moves for her Down B (at least that's what I heard).
That is a relief if true. Custom moves aren't allowed in For Glory, the mode I plan to play the most if the online isn't crap.

@Edit: You said almost exactly the same thing I posted in your edit. lol

Lunar15

Robin seems to be pretty popular so far. Nairo has been playing her, so there's some good footage out there. I think there's a lot of potential.

I was really excited for Robin, but personally I've found that he/she doesn't really fit my style. Definitely a slow and deliberate character. Lots of potential though, and a lot of it comes down to the levin sword smash attacks, particularly in the air. I think a lot of my issues come down to the fact that I don't really enjoy doing smash attacks with the 3DS pad.

In short, Robin has a ton of potential, but I don't think he/she's as powerful as I initially thought. People far better than me will surely find some cool stuff, though. I think Robin will remain competitively viable.

Brofield

Does the Battle Quarter Pounder come with cheese DLC?

So fucking hyped, been abusing the demo still trying to stay satiated, and the fact it releases the day before my birthday does not help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom