• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 10: Against the Odds, We Choose to Hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Aβydoς;121098199 said:
Oh, it's a book? Not a simple article? That's better, an article suggested me there are no many things left.
When is this going to be released? Beginning of August? Middle? End?

Says book in the image so I assumed it was like those little strategy guides gaming magazines used to produce over here.

Axass

My new updated roster:

MlQPbY0.png

Do comment on how unbelievable it is. Also too big.

This would mean 5 unlockable newcomers, assuming Chorus Kids and Shulk are revealed before launch: K.Rool, Ridley, Dixie, Isaac, Takamaru. Compare them to Toon Link. Wolf, ROB, Lucario, Snake and Sonic; though the last two were already revealed before the release of the game.

Rychu Supadude

Neo Member
I'm quite amazed that these threads have produced countless anecdotes of people being caught by surprise when unlocking Mewtwo. Everyone that I knew simply read about it on the Internet and left their game running overnight to get it... we probably got the console significantly later or something though.

The bizarre thing is that most of the unrevealed veterans/likely newcomers are singular franchise representatives. It would just be WEIRD to have 5 marios and 4 fire emblems on the starting roster while entire franchises are hidden behind the gate. I don't know what to think anymore!

Lord Phol

Out of all clones I think Wolf was in in a class of his own (I didn't even consider him a clone). He felt like a whole other character compared to Fox/Falco even though there was some resemblence. I can see understand why Lucina is pretty much just Marth with some minor differences but I would rather every clone have the Wolf-treatment.

On another note, come on Sakurai bringback Wolf!

ryanofcall

My new updated roster:

MlQPbY0.png

This would mean 5 unlockable newcomers, assuming Chorus Kids and Shulk are revealed before launch: K.Rool, Ridley, Dixie, Isaac, Takamaru. Compare them to Toon Link. Wolf, ROB, Lucario, Snake and Sonic; though the last two were already revealed before the release of the game.

It's probably a tad too big but after Lucina/Robin I think we might be over 50 characters.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Out of all clones I think Wolf was in in a class of his own (I didn't even consider him a clone). He felt like a whole other character compared to Fox/Falco even though there was some resemblence. I can see understand why Lucina is pretty much just Marth with some minor differences but I would rather every clone have the Wolf-treatment.

On another note, come on Sakurai bringback Wolf!

Wolf's problem was he was one of the last unlocks so for some felt like bit of a downer. If one unlocked him earlier or was even revealed on the site before release he would have likely not been seen like a total clone.

ryanofcall

I'm quite amazed that these threads have produced countless anecdotes of people being caught by surprise when unlocking Mewtwo. Everyone that I knew simply read about it on the Internet and left their game running overnight to get it... we probably got the console significantly later or something though.

I think with the age of 12 I wasn't even aware of unlocking guides online... I most of the stuff from friends (like Age of Empires cheats :') ). Also I was the only one with a GameCube so nobody could tell me.

I think I unlocked it months after release (when I thought there wasn't anything to unlock anymore)
Same happened some time later with G&W for me xD

random25

Just a consensus: From all the reveal trailers shown so far, which do you think is the best one?

I think that the Megaman reveal is still the best
sorry for the bias :p
. But the last reveal is the equal of it for me.

Jintor

In terms of "Reveal" (i.e. the moment of "OMG WTF")...

Megaman > Pacman > Greninja > Wii Fit > Robin & Lucina > Lil' Mac > Killager > Rosalina > Palutena

Palutena's really shouldn't have started with an incredibly obvious shot of her neck and mouth (and her speaking...)

Just a consensus: From all the reveal trailers shown so far, which do you think is the best one?

Greninja, because all those ppl reacting thinking it's Mewtwo instead :lol

In terms of "Reveal" (i.e. the moment of "OMG WTF")...

Megaman > Pacman > Greninja > Wii Fit > Robin & Lucina > Lil' Mac > Killager > Rosalina > Palutena

Little Mac > Palutena > Robin & Lucina > Pac-Man > Rosalina & Luma > Villager > Wii Fit Trainer > Mega Man > Greninja

Moonlight

Banned

Megaman > Robin & Lucina > Greninja > Little Mac > Wii Fit Trainer > Villager > Palutena > Rosalina

ryanofcall

Not taking any personal preferences(aka hype) into it, from 'best' to 'still awesome':

Little Mac
Robin & Lucina
Palutena
Greninja
Pacman
Wii Fit
Rosalina
Megaman
Villager

Reveal rankings:

Megaman > Pac Man > Palutena (Mostly because of the Anime cutscene and the Pit banter) > Little Mac > Rosalina > Greninja > Wii Fit Trainer > Lucina & Robin > Villager

Christopher

My new updated roster:

MlQPbY0.png

That to me is the best roster

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
WFT > Robin & Lucina > Mega Man > Little Mac > Mii >Villager

Wii Fit Trainer is the original out there reveal and honestly even with all my wacky ideas from unlikely Nintendo games I didn't think to bring in Wii Fit.

Robin & Lucina simply because 99% expected Shulk and the way it destroyed that rumour.

Mega Man was a cool reveal. I'm not really a bit Mega Man fan so it didn't quite have that OMG feel. Also Snake will forever be the biggest third party surprise.

Little Mac trailer was cool.

Mii simply because of the Iwata and Reggie fight which was pretty out there. But we did kind of expect Miis eventually.

Villager is noteworthy because of the previous statements that they weren't suitable to be a fighter. Just that the reveal was slightly stretched out so his reveal did quite have that BAM moment. We were basically taking in new Smash info overdrive so his reveal in the middle was lost some what. Megaman's at the end stole the thunder as well.

The rest were pleasant surprises but didn't have a massive OMG WTF BBQ impact. Rayman as a trophy in some ways had more impact (almost like a light version of Snake since it was the first third party trophy).

one_kill

Here's my ranking:

Megaman > Greninja > WiiFit Trainer > Lil Mac > Robin & Lucina > Mii Fighter > Villager > Rosalina > Palutena

With regard to my top 3: Megaman's reveal had the most hype; Greninja garnered awesome WTF reactions ("What the? Is that Mewtwo?! OMG It's Mewtwo! No, wait... it's not Mewtwo. Greninja?! WHAT!"); and WiiFit Trainer came as a complete surprise. Lil Mac was also hype, but I think it would've been better if his reveal wasn't built up.

i kinda liked all the reveals lol :T

but objectively fire emblem>palutena>mm=pacman>wft> greninja>little mac>roselina>miis but i liked them all a lot lol

Jintor

Gotta say, the Franchise showreel in that first trailer is really good. I want to see a full thing with EVERY NINTENDO FRANCHISE EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

R0ckman

I think the Robin trailer is my favorite. It meant a lot to me, killing that damn rumor and also confirming over 48 characters. It almost looked like it was designed to stop the madness that leak generated.

Falcon was sent to destroy Chrom to prevent the prophecy from being fufilled. Since Falcon is the man we should all strive to be, he went above and beyond trying to take out Lucina and prevent clones from entering. During all the chaos Robin enters, the promised Messiah and the image of our father Sakurai in code form. He stops the strife. He comes with a message. "The father know about the leak, he heard about your fears of Chorus Kids and niche characters no one asked for, the madness of 48 characters, we have taken care of Chrom but we need not go over board. Your most popular and reasonable request will be heard.... Don't worry, everything will be alright..."

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Also how do people feel about how Falcon looks in HD?

Before all we had was this.

tekken_tag_tournament_2_shiek_captain_falcon.jpg

Give us the HD F-Zero game we deserve Nintendo! Even Sakurai is tired of your shit.

Regarding Lucina, I really do hope she gets her own animations and attacks by release, because Melee styled clones at this day and age is complete garbage.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
After everyone was fussing over Captain Falcon and fears of him getting cut, there's very little hype surrounding him.

They are not worthy of showing their moves to the great one.

After everyone was fussing over Captain Falcon and fears of him getting cut, there's very little hype surrounding him.

cutting anyone out of the original twelve seems kinda odd to be honest so i was never worried about it lol still the capt looks super great here and i cant wait to falcon punch everything i see

So did #teamalt eat their crow yet?

Also with corocoro saying it'll reveal everyone next month do you think we'll get more newcomer trailers not tied to anything over the next few weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom