• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 6: Final Destination confirmed for not fun

GAMERG0D

There isn't even a release window more specific than 2014 yet. Brawl had its original release date announced six months ahead of time, and Nintendo still seems to be doing this sort of thing.

Plus, Sakurai's hand is in such a bad condition that he's thinking of pushing the launch closer or further away than it currently is, and knowing Sakurai, he'll take as much time as he thinks he needs.

And it's been in development longer than Brawl? Remember that we're talking about two games on two platforms. They have to work out balancing, online infrastructure, exclusive features and stages, and stability for both games.
Sakurai's hand isn't much of an issue, he has Bandai Namco on his side. I've seen the pic of him using 2 controllers so I know he playtests too but a whole dev team can fill in the blanks. Plus they can reuse several assets from Brawl. It took a while to create a huge amount of characters from Brawl to Melee so it took longer then.

As for the 2 platforms, one can release before the other. We have seen a lot of the game already, it looks pretty far along. We can argue that since there haev been less characters revealed we aren't close to release until at least past October, but I'd say he'd vastly increase reveals closer to a possible late August or early-mid September release. If we don't get an idea of when it releases in the April direct like which quarter, then I'd say late September to mid November.

Sakurai's hand isn't much of an issue, he has Bandai Namco on his side. I've seen the pic of him using 2 controllers so I know he playtests too but a whole dev team can fill in the blanks. Plus they can reuse several assets from Brawl. It took a while to create a huge amount of characters from Brawl to Melee so it took longer then.

As for the 2 platforms, one can release before the other. We have seen a lot of the game already, it looks pretty far along. We can argue that since there haev been less characters revealed we aren't close to release until at least past October, but I'd say he'd vastly increase reveals closer to a possible late August or early-mid September release. If we don't get an idea of when it releases in the April direct like which quarter, then I'd say late September to mid November.

They can, but it wouldn't do anything.

Apparently people are expecting to see other final smash tomorrow. I don't know. I think it might added to the cycle where he would randomly pick between AT, Pokeball, items and Final Smash.

Yep, do whatever you want. I can't wait for the result!
Have my nominees
Nuzlocke.png

rubyHM.png

firered__hard_mode_by_nuzlocke_comics-d55welg.png

tumblr_inline_mwzydbX33P1r1bqdt.png

hqdefault.jpg

180px-TooBadWaluigiTime.jpg
Now to decide

Caladrius

Why are the Mario spinoffs not attached to the main franchise

Or Yoshi

Or Donkey Kong

Or Mario Kart DS

Or any of the other Mario Kart games that somehow aren't on there

And why aren't there any Metroid games before Prime

Also why are the Rare franchises not clustered together.

I'm implying I could do this better.

Why are the Mario spinoffs not attached to the main franchise

Or Yoshi

Or Donkey Kong

Or Mario Kart DS

Or any of the other Mario Kart games that somehow aren't on there

And why aren't there any Metroid games before Prime

Also why are the Rare franchises not clustered together.

I'm implying I could do this better.

Alone the fact that "map" is saying Final Fantasy is a Nintendo franchise should already pop up all the red flags.

DaBoss

Nintendo published the first Final Fantasy in the west.

-------

I was looking at Luigi's pics earlier and he is easily the most expressive character in the game, but he has been that way since SSB64, but it seems to shine here since the resolution of the game isn't low.

Miutsu

But no one played Assault's multiplayer

Líes! Assault multiplayer was pretty good, and played it more than the duration of the entire SP (not a hard thing to do...).

Actually before Brawl that was the fox design I thought they were gonna use for the next smash.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
But no one played Assault's multiplayer

Jokes on you, people know Assault from multiplayer :p

Also Wolf apparently can't drive stick on an Arwing but can with a Wolfen. Vice versa with Star Fox team. Seriously, that's like being unable to drive a Toyota but able to drive a Mitsubishi.

Pociask

Wait a minute. Possible Disney characters come up, and the suggestions are Stich and Ralph? Someone is wrong on the internet! Ignoring villains, you could pick Philip*, Triton, motherf'n Merlin, the Beast, hell even Aladdin, and those are the suggestions?!

*secret most bad ass Disney character.

Didn't notice if it had been brought up, but I thought it was a cool coincidence that on the March 31st, the last day of the fiscal year of what had mostly coincided with the year of Luigi, the pic of the day was a pic of Luigi's final smash.

Village

Wait a minute. Possible Disney characters come up, and the suggestions are Stich and Ralph? Someone is wrong on the internet! Ignoring villains, you could pick Philip*, Triton, motherf'n Merlin, the Beast, hell even Aladdin, and those are the suggestions?!

*secret most bad ass Disney character.

Stitch just always read as a video game-ey character for me, even more than Smash it Sam.

Didn't notice if it had been brought up, but I thought it was a cool coincidence that on the March 31st, the last day of the fiscal year of what had mostly coincided with the year of Luigi, the pic of the day was a pic of Luigi's final smash.

Year of Yoshi incoming, that's obviously why he's not revealed yet /s

Mista Koo

Can't tell you how disappointed I was that Luigi's final smash wasn't a clone of Mario's.

Shinku Hadoken is probably my favorite gaming move. The one time I actually wanted Luigi to copy Mario!

Top Bottom