• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 6: Final Destination confirmed for not fun

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I know no one meant harms but please just play it safe by not mocking any languages in any form because it can be sensitive topic here. I know few people here are Japanese, so let drop it and don't mention it ever again.

Loco4Coco

Why are guys joking? They sent me an email saying it'll 4 hours and 58 minutes alone for SSB4 and another 2 min trailer for MK8.

Reggie going through Nintendo Land one more time in close detail. "Look at all those firework particles, let's count each of them"

GMVXqhD.png

Hero

So what's the possibility of Sakurai doing a troll of April Fool's and Nester is actually a legitimate character?

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I honestly don't mind Iwata doing the Firect in his goofy way, I just don't like it when epic game reveals are done in the monotone manner he speaks in. Reggie's "but before you leave tonight" Twilight Princess reveal at the end of E3 2004 was incredible, but I couldn't I couldn't imagine Iwata doing something like that for the Zelda U reveal.

- Iwata (Nearing the end of a hypothetical E3 2014 direct) -"As you may have noticed, we have not talked about a certain popular franchise today. This franchise is 'The Legend of Zelda'. Many fans have asked 'When we will recieve a new 'Legend of Zelda' title for the Nintendo Wii U'? Well, we have decided to show the new 'Legend of Zelda' title here today. Please take a look."

This is how the new Zelda is probably going to be revealed, and that's why I would want a hyped up press conference instead of another Direct.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Remember my request few pages so, please stick with smash bros topics and don't overboard with off-topic discussions. Thank you.

Leave it to Sakurai to troll April fools by making March fools

You should pick the avatar soon since Zroid is still alive and lurking our thread to figure out what cruel punishment that you are picking for him. *evil laughing*

Remember my request few pages so, please stick with smash bros topics and don't overboard with off-topic discussions. Thank you.

You should pick the avatar soon since Zroid is still alive and lurking our thread to figure out what cruel punishment that you are picking for him. *evil laughing*

K Zeer0id, here's your avatar
rubyHM.png

http://www.nuzlocke.com/images/rubyHM.png
Keeps cracking me up

Already did. I can't look at this without laughing, and it just fits under the data requirement for avatars

If I were Sakurai, I'd have my April Fools update be a Mii of myself (Sakurai) in Smash and say "yep I'm a big new playable character, nobody else though" and then not address it again until the next Direct where Mii's are confirmed playable

Cody_D165

Banned
So what's the possibility of Sakurai doing a troll of April Fool's and Nester is actually a legitimate character?

Funny thing is I'd quite enjoy him as a character, he's another quirky part of Nintendo history. Or an assist trophy perhaps.

he looks absolutely horrifying in that "leak" though >_> would need a better model than that, of course.

-Horizon-

If I were Sakurai, I'd have my April Fools update be a Mii of myself (Sakurai) in Smash and say "yep I'm a big new playable character, nobody else though" and then not address it again until the next Direct where Mii's are confirmed playable
I've found Sakurai everyone.

This is what I'm expecting. Like not nothing, but just a small tidbit of info. Like "In previous games, Pikachu's Thunder attack was very powerful. If you stand near Pikachu when the lightning bolt makes contact, you'll be sent flying!"

He's going to do something like that, but then, looking back, it will have revealed and hinted at the biggest component of the Smash 4 metagame.

Just you watch

Why are guys joking? They sent me an email saying it'll 4 hours and 58 minutes alone for SSB4 and another 2 min trailer for MK8.

The SSB4 footage will start with a recap of all prior character reveal trailers. Then it will be followed for the remainder of the direct by nonstop footage of 4 players as fox on final destination, tripping over and over and over again, with a sakurai soundbite about catering to tournament players as voiceover.

ffdgh

Sakurai: In this game, some of pikachu's attacks will now occasionally cause opponets to be paralyzed for a brief moment and when he is attacked. Players will now have to be more careful as to how they fight pikachu.

Sakurai: In this game, some of pikachu's attacks will now occasionally cause opponets to be paralyzed for a brief moment and when he is attacked. Players will now have to be more careful as to how they fight pikachu.

Pikachu's special ability lightningrod will now activate when he gets hit by electric attacks. This includes his down special, his moves being reflected back, etc. Additionally, physical contact can trigger his static ability, which lowers speed and paralyzes you 50% of the time

"In our work balancing the game, we have determined that Pikachu needed to be fast. Really fast. The fastest character in the game, actually! Move over, Sonic!"

"In our work balancing the game, we have determined that Pikachu needed to be fast. Really fast. The fastest character in the game, actually! Move over, Sonic!"

In our work balancing the game, we realized that Meta Knight lacked killing power. As a result, we've buffed his strongest hits!

lol

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
FAKE IMAGE ALERT
This has been going around on /v/, and Something Awful

Probably fake, but it's great looking model. I wonder if it's from a pre-existing source? Oh, and uh, sorry about the middle finger in the pic, haha.

The April Fools update we got for brawl was in 2008, which is when they revealed the Pirate Ship stage.

http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/stages/stage34.html

Yeah, but that was post-release so doing an April Fools wouldn't work as well.

Top Bottom