• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 6: Final Destination confirmed for not fun

tumblr_n3dcuxlYt41swll5zo1_1280.png

The hypocrisy is astounding.

I don't see it. I don't want to see it.

Kriken

Nintendo audience gives no fucks about anything other than Nintendo's core franchises, you should know this by now.

RIP W101

And polls like these remind me why 3rd parties don't support the Wii U. I just have this feeling in the back of my head when B2 bombs it'll be validation for port beggars and such

DaBoss

And polls like these remind me why 3rd parties don't support the Wii U. I just have this feeling in the back of my head when B2 bombs it'll be validation for port beggars and such
Nothing would be validation for port beggars of B2.

Game either exists and bombs on the Wii U, or the game doesn't exist.

Nothing would be validation for port beggars of B2.

Game either exists and bombs on the Wii U, or the game doesn't exist.

"validation" in this context refers to the act of B2 inevitably bombing, I'm pretty sure they don't actually care about the game not coming to PS4/XB1 in the sense that they would buy it if it were

Bayonetta 2 will bomb.

But Nintendo doesn't write sales thresholds in to contracts, pays developers for their work throughout development and for a shipped product, and they almost certainly knew that reviving a game that was cancelled for low sales of the previous game was not going to suddenly make it sell well.

Azure J

OK, so things I got from this trailer hilarity aside:

1. Screen KOs are back. See Ganondorf's KO during the Turbo Samus portion of things.
  2. 47 characters confirmed
  3. Ridley trolling will never die on any side of the Smash fandom

1. Screen KOs are back. See Ganondorf's KO during the Turbo Samus portion of things.

So they can finally do custom screen KOs?

SmithnCo

But Slippy is a master mechanic. That would clash entirely with his theme that the games had set for him. Just like how Falco prefers the air but jumps into a Landmaster instead of an Arwing.

He can just say "I prefer being a mechanic" before he summons it!

Problem solved!

Huh? Where did you see 47 characters confirmed in the trailer?

We definitely are. Its just a matter of when.

Turbo Mode was unveiled on April Fools, and a lot of people thought it was just prank. Ended up coming out in 3.0.

Ike Climbers is truly a joke, though I can see them making Slippy into a real character... I dunno why they'd do Slippy and make another fucking Space Animal but that seems most likely from that trailer.

Right near the lolRidley segment, 47 flashes on screen in the bottom right. Applying a generous dose of SmashGAF™ to it, I can confirm today that there will be a full roster of 47 characters when the PMBR gets to work.

/s

No, clearly they have insider knowledge and 47 is the character total for SSB4! #believe

/s

-Horizon-

Huh? Where did you see 47 characters confirmed in the trailer?

Right near the lolRidley segment, 47 flashes on screen in the bottom right. Applying a generous dose of SmashGAF™ to it, I can confirm today that there will be a full roster of 47 characters when the PMBR gets to work.

/s

No, clearly they have insider knowledge and 47 is the character total for SSB4! #believe

/s

Keanu Reeves whoas into battle.

/s

Just saw this on the PM subreddit but the 47 could also be a reference to both:
1. The 47th event in Melee where you fight on the Skull Kid trophy (Skull Kid confirmed?)
2. The 47th issue of Nintendo Power is also where Slippy was revealed as well.

Top Bottom