• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 6: Final Destination confirmed for not fun

Azure J

Would you guys be okay with this game being delayed till 2015? With mk8 and my backlog of games and upcoming gba games I'd be okay with a delay.

ib1wE4zGdwrGH8.png

ITT: Pure jokes
that I really hope don't come to pass

R0ckman

Would you guys be okay with this game being delayed till 2015? With mk8 and my backlog of games and upcoming gba games I'd be okay with a delay.

If you can't get through Kart and a couple of games by fall, something is seriously WRONG. I have a full time job and a kid and I'll be ready for Smash.

Really disappointed seeing people so impatient. If the game were delayed by a whole year, that would be GOOD. It would give Sakurai more time to work on it and make it BETTER

Can you imagine how much worse off Brawl would've been if it had released just before Christmas like it originally was?

I'd be fine cause I know it'd be for the betterment of the game, but I still would like it this year.

The Brawl delay(s) still hurt, mang.

If you can't get through Kart and a couple of games by fall, something is seriously WRONG. I have a full time job and a kid and I'll be ready for Smash.

I have kid full time job and a wife and other activities out side of gaming. But I don't spend all my time playing games. So no, there is nothing wrong.

Really disappointed seeing people so impatient. If the game were delayed by a whole year, that would be GOOD. It would give Sakurai more time to work on it and make it BETTER

Can you imagine how much worse off Brawl would've been if it had released just before Christmas like it originally was?

no Sonic? oh well

This coming from the Luma, can you even lift a gas can bro? ;)

Is this the new "bro do you even lift" :p

Tomohawk

I have kid full time job and a wife and other activities out side of gaming. But I don't spend all my time playing games. So no, there is nothing wrong.

Well I have 3 jobs, 27 kids, with 5 ex wives who i have to pay child support to. Then I'm also working on my 3rd doctorate while presiding over my very own drug empire. With all this I have time for smash so dawg what you doing.

Well I have 3 jobs, 27 kids, with 5 ex wives who i have to pay child support to. Then I'm also working on my 3rd doctorate while presiding over my very own drug empire. With all this I have time for smash so dawg what you doing.

....oh boy where is this thread going

Antonio Cromartie that you?

I'm sure the PM team can make that level not look so bland.

Neoxon

I'm pretty sure we're getting Smash this year, at least the Wii U version. Though I'm sure the 3DS version will make it, as well, it wouldn't surprise me if it was delayed to get the Wii U version more sales.

I think the song is pretty cool.

It's from the game that initially began as my gradual disinterest in Sonic for the following six or seven years and I'm still trying to figure out how the lyrics have anything to do with the actual context of the game.

Granted, you could apply that complaint to any of Crush 40's songs but stuff like "I can feel your every rage, step aside I'll turn the page" really stand out.

At the very least if it comes back I can tolerate it so long as Live and Learn returns and there's a bigger emphasis on music selection from the Genesis games.

It really is just a nasty looking stage, even outside of the ill-fitting spring and spiked ball. The geometry is really poor and the textures are repetitive. And the way the big room just kind of fades to black immediately is really off-putting. Hopefully that spiked ball is Kirby or something, but I have nothing good to say about that spring. I've said it before, but if this is honest to god the Kid Icarus stage (or even just a part of it), that's pretty disappointing.

It's from the game that initially began as my gradual disinterest in Sonic for the following six or seven years and I'm still trying to figure out how the lyrics have anything to do with the actual context of the game.

Granted, you could apply that complaint to any of Crush 40's songs but stuff like "I can feel your every rage, step aside I'll turn the page" really stand out.

At the very least if it comes back I can tolerate it so long as Live and Learn returns and there's a bigger emphasis on music selection from the Genesis games.
But if you consider the target audience of 12 year olds, that's the kind of thing that directly speaks to them.

But if you consider the target audience of 12 year olds, that's the kind of thing that directly speaks to them.

I was twelve when Heroes came out and didn't care for the song back then either.

Chalk it up to it just me, I suppose. I'd take it in a heartbeat over anything from Sonic 06/Shadow the Hedgehog.

I'm just gonna throw this out there:

What if it's a Kid Icarus stage, but it's a Kid Icarus stage in a game that is in development and not all things within said development are moving at the same speed

What if it's a Kid Icarus stage, but it's a Kid Icarus stage in a game that is in development and not all things within said development are moving at the same speed

That's an incredibly good point, but maybe don't show anything that's so far behind in development that people can't tell if it was made in Stage Builder or not.

I mean he can show what he wants and I'm not up in arms over the pic, but I hardly think showing unpolished content will elicit anything but crazy reactions.

Then we'd be lucky to get a 2014 release if it looks like that.

Also they shouldn't have shown it yet.

Sounds reasonable. It makes sense if you conclude that the spring is just a placeholder for the jump pads from KI:U.

That said, I think it looks like an ugly stage, but not monstrously so. I thought the lava part of the Fire Emblem stage in Brawl was ugly, but it was one part of a stage that looked better elsewhere.

gogojira

It looks the last level of the original Kid Icarus except facing the other way. And not purple. I want to see big snake face Medusa.

Caladrius

I'm actually not joking. Given the way Kid Icarus Uprising is set up (split up between ground and sky battles and transitioning between the two mid-stage) it wouldn't be a stretch to think that they might try and translate that onto the stage in some manner.

I'm actually not joking. Given the way Kid Icarus Uprising is set up (split up between ground and land battles and transitioning between the two mid-stage) it wouldn't be a stretch to think that they might try and translate that onto the stage in some manner.

Fighting on the Lightning Chariot confirmed.

Top Bottom