• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 7: How Can My Smash Brother Be This Cut

Still waiting for Yo-

OH WAIT!

No, I'm not.

:D

They've made him so unbelievably adorable this time around!

screen-2.jpg

I can just picture him going "Whoooaaaawoooww!" when he's dodging =3

GamerJM

Banned
Ah, I forgot about the line from Uprising.

That only really works if Palutena is in the game
which she almost certainly is

I really want to try Uprising but the control scheme is scaring me.

Your wrists will thank you with Carpal Tunnel ^^

Not really, the controls aren't that bad. You may just want to play the game in smaller bites though since you are putting most of the 3DS weight in one hand at an awkward angle

Neiteio

Here's something I'm looking forward to in the WiiU version:

- Pilotwings stage (with Pilotwings 64 music, if available)
- Only item is the Rocket Belt, set to Very High
- Everyone is Little Mac

Basically, you combine my passion for Pilotwings with one of the hardest-hitting characters, who thanks to the Rocket Belt now is somewhat decent in the air. :)

(Continuing from previous thread)

I said arguably because in terms of how they hit they're the same, but the ground pounds the character adds a jump and for Wario in the air his bike gets a hop which doesn't happen on the ground.

The first ones I mentioned on the other hand attack in a different direction and look different as well
There's more to them than just looking different. A lot of moves change their properties depending on whether or not the character is airborne.

Here are a few examples.

Yoshi's down-B:
Grounded- A two-hit combo (on most characters, anyways). First hit sends grounded opponents up into the air, then the second hit deals significant knockback.
Airborne- Only one hit, and is weak enough to the point where it is not considered a kill move.

Link's up-B:
Grounded- Chargeable, and deals one strong hit. No ability to move during it.
Airborne- Not chargeable, and consists of multiple, weaker hits. Goes vertically upwards and can be moved horizontally. Puts Link into freefall.

Peach's side-B:
Grounded- Faster start-up.
Airborne- Slower start-up, but more active frames.

Sonic's up-B:
Grounded- Leaves spring on ground.
Airborne- Creates a spring projectile.

And so on...

How do you see yourself holding your 3ds?

My advice:
1) Use an XL
2)SUPPORT 3DS WITH YOUR RIGHT HAND. Don't leave it lying around to the right side, put your lower left palm on the lower right corner to support the device
3) Set power usage to upper d-pad for quick access
4) Put thumb on circle pad in such a way so that the lower part of it can use the d-pad
5) D-pad direction OR face button used for fps mode (you don't really need this except for staffs/snipers, which aren't that great fro the campaign. Additionally, fps mode is also pretty bad in most situations for campaign
6)If you're a left mirror via CPP

Only whiners with no patience for a new control scheme hate on it. It plays beautifully. Everyone is just dependant on dual analog controls due to oversaturation. Unique experiences scare them.

(Continuing from previous thread)

There's more to them than just looking different. A lot of moves change their properties depending on whether or not the character is airborne.

Here are a few examples.

Yoshi's down-B:
Grounded- A two-hit combo (on most characters, anyways). First hit sends grounded opponents up into the air, then the second hit deals significant knockback.
Airborne- Only one hit, and is weak enough to the point where it is not considered a kill move.

Link's up-B:
Grounded- Chargeable, and deals one strong hit. No ability to move during it.
Airborne- Not chargeable, and consists of multiple, weaker hits. Goes vertically upwards and can be moved horizontally. Puts Link into freefall.

Peach's side-B:
Grounded: Faster start-up.
Airborne: Slower start-up, but more active frames.

Sonic's up-B:
Grounded: Leaves spring on ground.
Airborne: Creates a spring projectile.

And so on...

Forgot about the later ones, and I honestly didn't know that about Yoshi's ground vs air version (shows you how little I play Yoshi)

Hatchtag

Banned

The control scheme is intimidating at first. It'll seem weird and bad to you for the first couple of chapters. This is made more annoying by the fact that the only chapter where you wish there were traditional controls
(chapter 5 because of the jump pads)
is early on. But, by the end of the game, you'll appreciate the controls. They actually add to the game rather than detract from it. It's describe as spinning a globe, and that's really what it is. It's a unique control scheme, but I'd argue that, once you get used to it, it makes the game better.

We still have few top contender titles for OT8.

Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 7: Alfonzo: Leave it to me!
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U Thread 7: OP: I QUIT! Alfonzo: Leave it to me!

NoFunAllowed.jpg

I'm tired of that Alfonzo thing. :x

I think you have another avatar bet to fulfill

Just making a general announcement: whoever betted with TB that there would be 1 newcomer and 2 veterans should give Batty a new avatar

;P

Whoa. That bet was strictly for the direct!

Top Bottom