• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 9: F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Wait. Wait. What? WHAT?

This changes EVERYTHING.

Either there is a Ubisoft playable character or non-repped companies can have trophies now... but Rayman of all characters would be a bit of an odd choice for Random Third Party Trophy, wouldn't he? It's never been a super-Nintendo-tied franchise...

I don't know what to think.
But damn if I'm not personally hoping that Desmond Miles is confirmed in eight hours.
Forget that, how about Barbara? :O Super unlikely, but would be cool.

I have no idea what to feel right now. I said in another post that I'd be pleasantly surprised if the character tomorrow was NOT a character on the Gematsu leak, but this...

I'd be super happy if Rayman was in.

Sponge

Banned
This is absolutely insane. I'm having such a hard time comprehending the fact third party trophies are a thing.

Welp, Snake is coming back in some form.

Hatchtag

Banned
Ubisoft working with them.
Rayman a trophy, Travis Touchdown a playable. Please let this happen. Please do not crush my dreams, Sakurai. Suda is your friend. let him in.

Crocodile

1359732128868379938.GIF

Golnei

Ubisoft working with them.
Rayman a trophy, Travis Touchdown a playable. Please let this happen. Please do not crush my dreams, Sakurai. Suda is your friend. let him in.

Suda's no longer a human being, just a name floating in the void. I don't want Sakurai to turn into a hollow shell like he has.

This has potentially made trophy collecting a hell of a lot more tempting. This could mean the trophies are not just celebrating history of Nintendo games, but the consoles themselves!

Please let there be more of these. Gimme that HD Simon Belmont trophy!

Drago

So am I crazy, or do any of you guys remember way back last year someone posted Ubisoft had approached Sakurai about getting Rayman in Smash? I bet you he couldn't, but felt like he could do this for them instead.
You are correct. I remember that post too.

What if, instead of a playable character, Rayman has stage and musical representation? A trophy as consolation for not being made playable seems possible, but also weird. But whatever is happening is unprecedented and who KNOWS what this could mean.

Golnei

What if, instead of a playable character, Rayman has stage and musical representation? A trophy as consolation for not being made playable seems possible, but also weird. But whatever is happening is unprecedented and who KNOWS what this could mean.

That'd be pretty great - although I'm lukewarm on him as a character, I quite liked the artstyle of Legends, and Christophe Heral is a fantastic composer.
Even if I preferred his Beyond Good & Evil soundtrack...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom