• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 9: F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeM86

Pic of the day. In order to make Rayman's trophy, we asked Ubisoft to share their references. We were expecting to receive 2D drawing references for Rayman, but to our surprise, they sent us data of a brand new 3D model that they rendered for this game!! And that was how this trophy was created. It takes a lot of work creating each model, so it's wonderful that the creators contributed their own efforts!!

EDIT: got the caption:

Pic of the day. In order to make Rayman's trophy, we asked Ubisoft to share their references. We were expecting to receive 2D drawing references for Rayman, but to our surprise, they sent us data of a brand new 3D model that they rendered for this game!! And that was how this trophy was created. It takes a lot of work creating each model, so it's wonderful that the creators contributed their own efforts!!

I'm sure there's at least one person on Miiverse who is crying bitter tears right now because he was convinced Rayman was in.

Kriken

Seriously, Rayman was one of the few 3rd party characters that I wanted to see playable. Now I have a better idea of how Wonder Red fans felt when he was shown in trophy form :(

is that pic of the day legit whatt...what is this what is even whaaaaattt

I don't post fake pics

ReiGun

So, this is a totally premature conversation, but...whatever! I need to kill time until the reveal trailer. Assuming that the leak pans out, which of the Smash sequels has had the best collection of newcomers? By best, I just mean has you the most hyped pre-release to try everyone out. A reminder list:
-
Melee
Bowser / Dr. Mario / Falco / Ganondorf / Ice Climbers / Marth / Mewtwo / Mr. Game & Watch / Peach / Pichu / Roy / Zelda (Sheik) / Young Link

Brawl
Diddy Kong / Ike / King Dedede / Lucario / Lucas / Meta Knight / Pikmin & Olimar / Pit / Pokemon Trainer / R.O.B. / Solid Snake / Sonic / Toon Link / Wario / Wolf / Zero Suit Samus

Smash 4
Chorus Kids / Chrom / Greninja / Little Mac / Mega Man / Mii Fighter / Pac-Man / Palutena / Rosalina & Luma / Shulk / Villager / Wii Fit Trainer
-
It's a really hard call for me. In the end, I think I have to go with Smash 4 because, while every game has had characters I was excited for, Smash 4 has the most that I can see myself maining (in this case, Greninja, Little Mac, and Mega Man).

I completely missed Melee pre-release and I wasn't much of a Nintendo fan (or gamer, really) at the time, so it's between Brawl and 4 for me. Between the two, I've got to give the slight edge to 4 because its character choices are just so much more interesting to me. Rosalina and Luma, Villager, Greninja, and Wii Fit Trainer are a group of characters I could have never thought to make work in Smash as they are, where as I felt Brawl's cast were fairly obvious in how they would play.

EulaCapra

Um... WHAT IN THE WHAT WHAT BUTT BUTT TO THE WHAT POWER OF ZENITH

All our hopes for third-party characters dashed in trophy form confirmed?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
zlCfzSKfbq8WYA54yR

THE FUCK

Wait. Wait. What? WHAT?

This changes EVERYTHING.

Either there is a Ubisoft playable character or non-repped companies can have trophies now... but Rayman of all characters would be a bit of an odd choice for Random Third Party Trophy, wouldn't he? It's never been a super-Nintendo-tied franchise...

I don't know what to think.
But damn if I'm not personally hoping that Desmond Miles is confirmed in eight hours.

random25

Well, Rayman Legends was supposed to be a Wii U exclusive. So it must be planned a long time ago to have his presence in Smash. Sadly, Ubisoft fucked it up with the intentional delays and all that stuff that him seeing in this game just became so weird.

Anbec7

So SmashGAF what did I miss? I was at a convention and while we watched EVO I could not hear anything I saw Reggie doing some kind of speech... something relevant?

Also something did I miss? I watched some Melee and cheered for the diversity of characters in there :) that Pikachu was so interesting..

....the fuck.

Why even bother if there's no significant Rayman content in the game? Ubisoft must've really wanted him in the game in some form or something.

Sponge

Banned
So am I crazy, or do any of you guys remember way back last year someone posted Ubisoft had approached Sakurai about getting Rayman in Smash? I bet you he couldn't, but felt like he could do this for them instead.

ffdgh

zlCfzSKfbq8WYA54yR

O_O

THIS DOES NOT COMPUTE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom