• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck it, I'm just gonna put it out there:

(And I'm not saying this to troll fans or keep the hype up or whatever.)

I have a source who has been right about previous leaks and has worked on the European localization of the game. He says he has definitely seen moving models of Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Men and Mewtwo in the game and he's still confident that these four characters can be unlocked by linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version.

Now, I know how outlandish this sounds, and being a game journalist myself I'm taking this with a grain of salt myself, but we're talking about the guy who told me about the Bowser Jr. alts immediately after the ESRB leaks and has never been wrong about other stuff as well. Plus, the whole connectivity thing makes far too much sense, if only to get fans to buy both versions. *insert itprintsmoney.gif here*

Again, I swear on my soul that I'm not trolling. Time will tell. I thought Ridley was never gonna be in, but hey.
This is the third time I've heard this. While I want to believe where there is smoke there is fire, I'm not sure. Even if it winds up being the case I still cannot see why Ice Climbers would not come back, especially if Chorus Men work like I think they would. Good luck to your account if you're wrong though.

RomanceDawn

I have a source who has been right about previous leaks and has worked on the European localization of the game. He says he has definitely seen moving models of Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Men and Mewtwo in the game and he's still confident that these four characters can be unlocked by linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version.

Now, I know how outlandish this sounds, and being a game journalist myself I'm taking this with a grain of salt myself, but we're talking about the guy who told me about the Bowser Jr. alts immediately after the ESRB leaks and has never been wrong about other stuff as well. Plus, the whole connectivity thing makes far too much sense, if only to get fans to buy both versions. *insert itprintsmoney.gif here*

Again, I swear on my soul that I'm not trolling. Time will tell. I thought Ridley was never gonna be in, but hey.

A man... You trying to start a war around here? I hope to high heaven you are right and honestly I am fully expecting DLC.

Excited they are in:
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Shulk
Little Mac
Duck Hunt
Greninja
Wii Fit Trainer
Villager
Bowser Jr.
Robin
Mii Fighters
Lucina
Dark Pit

Excited to play as:
Robin
Duck Hunt
Greninja
Shulk
Little Mac
Villager
Pac-Man
Bowser Jr.
Wii Fit Trainer
Mega Man
Dark Pit
Lucina
Mii Fighters

I felt I needed to make two seperate lists.

Funny fact: I'm FILLED WITH JOY that the Doc is back!

You want to put your account on the line for this?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
My personal rank

1. Bowser Jr.
2. Robin
3. Palutena
4. Duck Hunt (It is NOT Duck Hunt DOG)
5. Villager
6. Mega Man
7. Pac-Man
8. Lucina
9. Rosalina
10. Mii Fighters
11. Little Mac
12. Shulk
13. Wii Fit Trainer
14. Greninja
15. Dark Pit
Both versions have the same roster. There is no "rest".
there is no rest as far as we know, that can easily change

roknin

My weird-ass ranking:

1. Greninja
2. Lucina
3. Robin
4. Mega Man
5. Wii Fit Trainer
6. Rosalina
7. Bowser Jr.
8. Duck Hunt
9. Little Mac
10. Pac-Man
11. Villager
12. Shulk
13. Mii Fighters
14. Dark Pit

Yes, I was looking forward to Lucina that much. :p

I don't have a problem with clone characters though (I mean I'm a Tekken player lol), never have... so while Dark Pit wasn't the most exciting thing, his inclusion doesn't really affect me that much.

Really though I'm excited to try them all at some point.

But I finally got my female FE sword rep, so I'm very happy. ^_^

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

I hate you for this, but CHOO CHOO

Yeah it certainly looks like the most efficient way of unlocking characters is just a ton of 1 minute vs. matches.

That certainly wasn't the case in Brawl... 450 matches to get Wolf... whew...

Really hope this is true.

Well yeah, of course there's a moving model of Ridley. He's a stage boss.

I have a source who has been right about previous leaks and has worked on the European localization of the game. He says he has definitely seen moving models of Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Menand Mewtwo in the game and he's still confident that these four characters can be unlocked by linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version.

Dramatic-WTF-Donkey-Kong-Reaction-In-Wiis-Super-Smash-Bros.gif

That seems a little odd. I don't think i'm getting the Wii U version anytime soon I just hope there's another way to unlock them rather than connecting to the Wii U for the 3DS version. I still feel Snake is DLC.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm happy with the roster as long as we get some DLC characters in the future. After seeing what Nintendo is doing with MK8, I'm sure Smash will get the same treatment.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Can we stop with the "3DS was the first version therefore any complaints about it existing are invalid" business?

To me it sounds like they made the choice to go dual consoles before planning even really began; they just considered only doing a 3DS version and decided against it almost immediately.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/51563/smash-bros-3ds-necessary-to-evolve-the-series/

But what does the 3DS game do to "evolve" the series? Put it on another platform and as a result kill the system selling potential of the game on the system that desperately needs it? Potentially cause content to be cut due to the weak hardware?

I don't see the 3DS game doing anything that the Wii U version can't. It's holding it back.

Rapture

Screw it, im down to blindly believe some more! #thishypedontstop

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
You want to put your account on the line for this?

I've been here for years, and I've even leaked stuff myself out of love for the community. (Lords of Shadow 2 stuff being the latest, IIRC. I've been more cautious lately. NDAs, blugh.)

I would not have posted it and risked my decade-old account if I didn't believe most of it.

Kensho

It's not about babysitting, it's about not letting people get too disappointed later. He let down the fans of Waluigi gently. He made it clear Ghirahim wouldn't be playable, and showed the Assist Trophies of a few other requested characters.

I don't think it's unfair to be annoyed at the Ridley teasing tbh, but some people here would lick Sakurai's taint regardless of what he does.

Yep, as much as I think he is a genius it's idiotic to think he can't commit any mistake and his games are the best he could've done.

Zalman

If you think the newcomer list for Smash 4 is disappointing, I don't know what to tell you. So much variety. Old and new. Males and females. There's something for everyone.

Vuapol

I'm not angry, just...disappointed. Why would lead us on like this Sakurai? You cannot simply declare you are thinking about bringing Mewtwo back in a public place and not deliver.

Oh well. That's what DLC is for.

And I'm too busy hyperventilating over Duck Hunt Dog to care all that much. :^)

Macka

Do we know if the Mii Fighters can be used online? Do they have a standard moveset? Assuming they can't, then I'd rank them last.

1. Mega Man
2. Robin
3. Greninja
4. Little Mac
5. Shulk
6. Villager
7. Duck Hunt Dog
8. Pac-Man
9. Palutena
10. Bowser Jr.
11. Rosalina
12. Wii Fit Trainer
13. Lucina
14. Dr. Mario
15. Dark Pit
16. Mii Fighters

NotLiquid

Man, you know, I really want to believe you and everyone else who'se been saying there's more

Because there being four characters we don't know about makes a lot of sense. I like the idea of getting all the characters by owning both versions, who knows, people not having both could be mitigated by purchasable DLC

But at this point I just don't want to raise too many expectations. I'm mostly content right now with what's there and Smash can be a huge hype backlash

Bowser Jr alts came from a leak even earlier than the ESRB one

Newcomer ranking? Alrighty:

1. Bowser Jr./Koopalings (I refuse to refer to the fighter as just 'Bowser Jr.'. Sue me.)
2. Duck Hunt
3. Robin
4. Shulk
5. Little Mac
6. Pac-Man
7. Rosalina & Luma
8. Mii Fighter
9. Villager
10. Palutena
11. Wii Fit Trainer
12. Greninja
13. Mega Man
14. Lucina
15. Dark Pit

Mik317

But what does the 3DS game do to "evolve" the series? Put it on another platform and as a result kill the system selling potential of the game on the system that desperately needs it? Potentially cause content to be cut due to the weak hardware?

I don't see the 3DS game doing anything that the Wii U version can't. It's holding it back.

Sell more copies

/kappa

Bro you better be ready to put your account on the line for this because those are some really big claims you're making.

Jamix012

1. Little Mac
2. Mega Man
3. Shulk
4. Duck Hunt Dog
5. Bowser Jr.
6. Robin
7. Dark Pit
8. Pac-Man
9. Greninja
10. Villager
11. Wii Fit trainer
12. Rosalina
13. Mii fighters
14. Palutena
15. Dr. Mario
16. Lucina

Pretty happy with the roster. Would've liked Wolf Back, but I'm happy with it in general.

Kinsei

Banned

I really hope you're not fucking with us. That would rise this batch of newcomers out of mediocrity.

emb

Hah, how much Salt would there be if each version 4 characters that you couldn't obtain in the other version without linking them. It'd be glorious.

Oh boy, top of the page.
Wait, why would salt be involved for this? That's 4 extra characters for free. Better than the 0 characters that logic and pessimism say we're getting.

GamePaddy-Whack

Neo Member
My top newcomers:

Bowser Jr. + the koops
Rosalina
Duck Hunt Dog
Pac Man
Greninja
Mii Fighter
Palutena
Little Mac
Wii Fit Trainer
Mega Man
Villager
Shulk
Robin
Mii Gunner
Mii Swordsman
Dark Pit (would have preferred him to have been called "Pitoo")
Lucina

Codeblue

It's not about babysitting, it's about not letting people get too disappointed later. He let down the fans of Waluigi gently. He made it clear Ghirahim wouldn't be playable, and showed the Assist Trophies of a few other requested characters.

I don't think it's unfair to be annoyed at the Ridley teasing tbh, but some people here would lick Sakurai's taint regardless of what he does.

Every character is requested. That he happened to show some AT's doesn't mean that he did it to soften expectations, he was just showing his game. I don't think Sakurai is God, but some people need to take a step back and breathe. If you don't want the game based on this roster, that's cool, but it's not worth getting upset over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom