• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody_D165

Banned
Fuck it, I'm just gonna put it out there:

(And I'm not saying this to troll fans or keep the hype up or whatever.)

I have a source who has been right about previous leaks and has worked on the European localization of the game. He says he has definitely seen moving models of Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Men and Mewtwo in the game and he's still confident that these four characters can be unlocked by linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version.

Now, I know how outlandish this sounds, and being a game journalist myself I'm taking this with a grain of salt myself, but we're talking about the guy who told me about the Bowser Jr. alts immediately after the ESRB leaks and has never been wrong about other stuff as well. Plus, the whole connectivity thing makes far too much sense, if only to get fans to buy both versions. *insert itprintsmoney.gif here*

Again, I swear on my soul that I'm not trolling. Time will tell. I thought Ridley was never gonna be in, but hey.

1242.gif

Dr. Mario is validated by his pimp ass black coat alone.
(also the tornado)

See, this guy gets it.

While Mario gets an outfit of Waluigi's color scheme, someone who jobbed yet again to Sakurai and remains an assist trophy, Dr. Mario's levels of pimp and swagger allow him to also be an evil doctor.

Also, I think it's funny how there was all this talk of who could and couldn't be alts because such and such doing such and such move wouldn't make any sense, and then we have the Koopalings transforming into Shadow Mario like it's no thing.

Dark Pit could have easily been an alt costume.

Dr. Mario and Dark Pit will be this game's MK7 Metal Mario.

Dr. Mario at least has elements of old Mario that have since been missing (the tornado and down bair I believe). He's also got quite a cool intro and a clever variation on Mario's FS. He shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Dark Pit, whose model is almost exactly the same as Pit's while having only VERY minor changes other than a unique FS. As much as I thought Wolf was a boring inclusion in Brawl, at least he and Falco had unique models to go with their move variations. He would have been much better served as an alt costume for Pit with different VO/name a la the Koopalings and Alph.

Thorakai

But what does the 3DS game do to "evolve" the series? Put it on another platform and as a result kill the system selling potential of the game on the system that desperately needs it? Potentially cause content to be cut due to the weak hardware?

I don't see the 3DS game doing anything that the Wii U version can't. It's holding it back.

The best thing about the 3DS version inclusion is the removal of transformation characters. Much preferred to having them occupy their own slot.

Despite initial thoughts when they were shown, and not being usable with randoms online, Miis seem to be integrated into the game as any other character is.

I like that. I was worried they were going to be some side bonus feature and not treated like full on new comers.

Son Of D

Hah, how much Salt would there be if each version 4 characters that you couldn't obtain in the other version without linking them. It'd be glorious.

Oh boy, top of the page.

If that was the case, I doubt that linking would be the only way to get them. There would also probably be a DLC package or even a free update for those without a Wii U or don't want to buy the Wii U Smash game.

nerdbot

I'm really glad ROB and Jigglypuff made it back. I was more worried about them than Lucas or Wolf, funny enough. HEH, LOOK HOW OWNED I AM.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
But at this point I just don't want to raise too many expectations. I'm mostly content right now with what's there and Smash can be a huge hype backlash

That's actually the one and only reason why I never posted about his stuff before. But now that the full roster has been revealed and he has literally been right about EVERYTHING for almost a year, I felt like I needed to share this.

Bowser Jr alts came from a leak even earlier than the ESRB one

Yeah, so it seems. Sorry, horrible example.

I've been here for years, and I've even leaked stuff myself out of love for the community. (Lords of Shadow 2 stuff being the latest, IIRC. I've been more cautious lately. NDAs, blugh.)

I would not have posted it and risked my decade-old account if I didn't believe most of it.
Considering the Gematsu leaks and what I know from the NOA representative the few people on Smashboards have been in contact with, I'd be willing to ride the hype train a little longer.

botty

Banned
Top Newcomers:
(from best to worst)

Dark Pit
Bowser Jr. + the koops
Rosalina
Duck Hunt Dog
Pac Man
Greninja
Mii Fighter
Palutena
Little Mac
Wii Fit Trainer
Mega Man
Villager
Shulk
Robin
Mii Gunner
Mii Swordsman
Lucina

Has a Toon Link sprite been done yet? If so, is it claimed? If so, are the alternate colors claimed? I'd like to use a sprite of Toon Link's Zelda 1 color palate as my avatar if that's free.

DooD1234

Guys, I just want to ask. Are we almost at thread 17 despite the fact this was made like what yesterday? God damn you guys are going for the world record of burning through new threads or something. What were you guys talking about? I left this thread finished reading at page 24 and you guys are at page 273 already. I know there was another thread for Smash 3ds and another for a retail copy getting leaked. Geez I wonder how many threads we will have once the smash 3ds and wii u is out worldwide.

Kouichi

I think it's safe to say that if that rumor is true, then we'll be able to find evidence of it in the code of the game.

I highly doubt it's true though.

Vuapol

1. Duck Hunt
2. Greninja
3. Bowser Jr.
4. Shulk
5. Little Mac
6. Robin
7. Pac-Man
7. Mega Man
9. Palutena
9. Villager
11. Wii Fit Trainer
12. Mii Fighters
13. Rosalina
14. Lucina
14. Dr. Mario
16. Dark Pit

Jaeger

I have a source who has been right about previous leaks and has worked on the European localization of the game. He says he has definitely seen moving models of Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Men and Mewtwo in the game and he's still confident that these four characters can be unlocked by linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version.

Now, I know how outlandish this sounds, and being a game journalist myself I'm taking this with a grain of salt myself, but we're talking about the guy who told me about the Bowser Jr. alts immediately after the ESRB leaks and has never been wrong about other stuff as well. Plus, the whole connectivity thing makes far too much sense, if only to get fans to buy both versions. *insert itprintsmoney.gif here*

Again, I swear on my soul that I'm not trolling. Time will tell. I thought Ridley was never gonna be in, but hey.

I actually believe you.

tumblr_n917d2kQOO1sh43kgo1_500.gif

jackal27

Banned

idontbelieveyou.gif

However, I would definitely be very excited for this. For now I'm going to go with what I can see, but Godspeed if you're not trolling. Good luck with your account.

After seeing gameplay:

1. Duck Hunt Dog
2. Wii Fit Trainer
3. Mii Fighters
4. Robin
5. Greninja
6. Shulk
7. Little Mac
8. Mega Man
9. Bowser Jr.
10. Palutena
11. Villager
12. Pac-Man
13. Rosalina
14. Dr. Mario
15. Lucina
16. Dark Pit

Bro, us Lucario fans don't need more Mewtwo fans trying to hate on our character again.

It was already embarrassing for them when he was revealed.

Funny thing is that I was a big Mewtwo fan back in the day....but getting the chance to play as a dog that throws hadoukens daily? Well shit, my loyalty went out the window and never surfaced again.

I've been here for years, and I've even leaked stuff myself out of love for the community. (Lords of Shadow 2 stuff being the latest, IIRC. I've been more cautious lately. NDAs, blugh.)

I would not have posted it and risked my decade-old account if I didn't believe most of it.

I hope for your sake you're right. Not because I'd be angry with you or anything, but I would hate to have your account banned just because you were fed bad information. I always figured Ridley would be a huge long shot, but I'm still surprised they actually omitted the Ice Climbers as they seemed like Smash icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom