• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

emb

So all the characters are unlocked from less than 150 versus matches? Wow, that's pretty nice.

I remember jumping off until 700 matches in Melee to get Mewtwo. And G&W would have taken even more.

Majukun

didn't he also said no clone or whatsoever? unless that's a fake or mistranslated quote

don't know what you are talking about,so I probably didn't read said interview..all i know is that every time someone tried to find some convoluted hidden meaning behind sakurai's words..in reality there were none...

Zoracka

tumblr_nbr1iqjXTj1qhbar8o1_1280.png

Entire Roster (+ a few alts, still need to do more alts)

Did anyone claim red toon link alt? I'd love that one.

These are amazing btw

dvolovets

Guys I have one question. I have the Japanese 3DS, so I can download Smash from the eShop. Will it be released tomorrow at 10AM Central time? Because I remember Nintendo saying that it will be available on the eShop at midnight, 13th, Japan time, but I'm not sure...

Kouriozan

So all the characters are unlocked from less than 150 versus matches? Wow, that's pretty nice.

I remember jumping off until 700 matches in Melee to get Mewtwo. And G&W would have taken even more.

What if characters are super hard to unlock in the Wii U version?
Advantage to those who'll transfer their progress.

RIP forever Ice Climbers :(

Yeah I mean if that rumor were true, it would be amazing for me... but I'd still be frustrated by the IC cut. I just don't understand the logic there unless it really was a HW issue. If that's the case, I would have much preferred the 3DS version not existing.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
Welp SpainKiller, now it is official: Five seconds of Glory or an eternity of bein shamed to watch from the sidelines.

I'm not doing this for glory. I'm doing this for you guys. Smash is my favorite franchise of all time, and I'm as hyped for these releases as you are. Smash is also one of the few games I still play competitively.

BTA

Linking the versions unlocking characters on the 3DS feels unlikely to me. As far as actual DLC goes, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it happen (and even if it didn't include characters, I'd still be happy to see it). But I also wouldn't be surprised to see it not happen. I just hope that if it does, it's mostly newcomers. I'd much rather see some interesting newcomers than vets.

For now, I'm just hyped for the 3DS version and looking forward to the Wii U version with no expectations that aren't new modes and stages.

Mariolee

Fuck it, I'm just gonna put it out there:

(And I'm not saying this to troll fans or keep the hype up or whatever.)

I have a source who has been right about previous leaks and has worked on the European localization of the game. He says he has definitely seen moving models of Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Men and Mewtwo in the game and he's still confident that these four characters can be unlocked by linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version.

Now, I know how outlandish this sounds, and being a game journalist myself I'm taking this with a grain of salt myself, but we're talking about the guy who told me about the Bowser Jr. alts immediately after the ESRB leaks and has never been wrong about other stuff as well. Plus, the whole connectivity thing makes far too much sense, if only to get fans to buy both versions. *insert itprintsmoney.gif here*

Again, I swear on my soul that I'm not trolling. Time will tell. I thought Ridley was never gonna be in, but hey.

Bookmarked. We have hope again.

Hatchtag

Banned
Fuck it, I'm just gonna put it out there:

(And I'm not saying this to troll fans or keep the hype up or whatever.)

I have a source who has been right about previous leaks and has worked on the European localization of the game. He says he has definitely seen moving models of Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Men and Mewtwo in the game and he's still confident that these four characters can be unlocked by linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version.

Now, I know how outlandish this sounds, and being a game journalist myself I'm taking this with a grain of salt myself, but we're talking about the guy who told me about the Bowser Jr. alts immediately after the ESRB leaks and has never been wrong about other stuff as well. Plus, the whole connectivity thing makes far too much sense, if only to get fans to buy both versions. *insert itprintsmoney.gif here*

Again, I swear on my soul that I'm not trolling. Time will tell. I thought Ridley was never gonna be in, but hey.

If they're unlocked through that, we'll know before the US release from datamining, I guarantee you that.

LDAF

Just curious, when you do guys think people will start digging through the games files? I'd be interested in seeing any "Lost 7"-esque characters in the files.

TreIII

tumblr_nbr1iqjXTj1qhbar8o1_1280.png

Entire Roster (+ a few alts, still need to do more alts)

Calling Roy, if you do make him!

Looking at them now, I remember how some one made a pink-haired edit of that Bowser of yours a year or so ago during the whole pink-hair Link awareness fad.

How fittingly prophetic...

KHlover

Banned
image.php

Woah, perfect avatar for heath here. Conveys perfectly what he is: the lovable watchdog over this thread <3

Thanks for XVI OT's so far heath (until tomorrow LOL) :D

The Lamp

How on earth could Ridley be in the game as a playable character if he's in the metroid stage as a boss character?

At this point I think Sakurai recognizes Ridley and refuses to include him, but prefers to troll fans about him.

botty

Banned
God forbid anyone voice any kind of disappointment over a product they will be buying with their own money without this condescending bullshit.

Roster bitching is one thing, but to be this far into the franchise and wait 6yrs just to see Dr. Mario and Dark Pit make it over some characters is lame to some. The disappointment will go away with time, but for now people need to get it out of their system.

You don't think people are entitled to feel second hand embarrassment that grown ass men are having meltdowns and crying because a character got in or a character that the developer even denounced aren't in?

iHukXMzaOGfXX.gif

emb

What if characters are super hard to unlock in the Wii U version?
Advantage to those who'll transfer their progress.
That'd be cool too. I don't mind if it takes a long time or is pretty quick. I just hope I can easily transfer Wii U saves somehow.

If they're unlocked through that, we'll know before the US release from datamining, I guarantee you that.

With the 3DS hacking scene being almost not-existent, is data mining even feasible? Or are people able to extract the roms but are unable to create a 3DS emulator?

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
Just to be clear, btw: my source is only sure about the four characters being in the game, not about their method of getting unlocked. The connectivity thing is merely his hunch after seeing some connectivity things.

Bookmark this all you like, btw :) I'm confident in my source.

Off to dinner now, guys! Talk to you lot later tonight.

Cody_D165

Banned
God, I am so excited after seeing Duck Hunt in action. Even though we knew about him beforehand, seeing him in action for the first time was hype as fuck. The Wild Gunman and Hogan's Alley stuff had me losing my fucking mind. A character entirely devoted to referencing the NES Zapper, the GOAT peripheral. It was like wow, there's our retro rep. There's the real Sakurai WTF character for Smash 4. Right up there with Wii Fit Trainer.

Linking the versions unlocking characters on the 3DS feels unlikely to me. As far as actual DLC goes, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it happen (and even if it didn't include characters, I'd still be happy to see it). But I also wouldn't be surprised to see it not happen. I just hope that if it does, it's mostly newcomers. I'd much rather see some interesting newcomers than vets.

I don't think it's that unlikely.
Here's how I would do it if I were Nintendo:
- Release DLC with one or more characters, for those who don't double-dip
- Make it free for linking up Wii U/3DS versions, to reward those who do double-dip

Seems like a fair deal to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom