• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: new update available, 15 additional 8-player stages

GenG3000

This is nice. I can't play 5-8 Smash with people but it'll mean more variety for single player modes and challenges.

Kolma

Regular
Mario Circuit - lacks shyguys
Luigi's Mansion - Can't be destroyed
Pyrosphere - lacks ridley
Norfair - no lava at all
Lylat Cruise - no ships flying around
Pokémon Stadium 2 - lacks stage transitions
Town and City - All background characters removed
Smashville - All background characters removed (cept petey, he stayed at a slow framerate)
Studio Wii Fit - no mirror background

Kolma

>mfw Nintendo makes this post and Norfair has no lava or safe zones in 8 player smash
isIz88FT2MOjo.PNG

Converse

Banned
Niiiiiiiice. I just played eight-player Smash (with eight real people) for the first time this past weekend, and it was like staring at the tits of God. This will make it even better.

I hope there is some serious bugfixing in this update too. 3 of 5 times I try to use stage creator, it shows in the TV screen what should be at the gamepad screen and vice versa, and many other bugs who are making the game quite unenjoyable for me :/
And I recorded that one in video. It happens at random. This time, when I tried to name the stage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFDLJkKwNA

Kolma

I hope there is some serious bugfixing in this update too. 3 of 5 times I try to use stage creator, it shows in the TV screen what should be at the gamepad screen and vice versa, and many other bugs who are making the game quite unenjoyable for me :/
And I recorded that one in video. It happens at random. This time, when I tried to name the stage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFDLJkKwNA

HAH, that's awesome xD'
Too bad you can't do it on purpose to record from the gamepad

random25

So basically some of the stages became neutral at 8-player smash? Guess Pyrosphere without Ridley will be more played now lol :p

random25

The hazards will still be there no matter what mode if you have 4 or less payers. The mode defaults to regular Smash in that case.

Oh that's too bad for those who don't want bosses. But with at least 5 players, 4-player FFA or less without bosses can be done with the last player doing SDs. It will take some additional effort though.

Mistle

If phrosphere is without Ridley, you could start with 8 players then have 6 commit suicide to have a 1v1! Which is ridiculous... But without a boss toggle, it's what things have come to

Top Bottom