• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: new update available, 15 additional 8-player stages

Kyzon

Character Balance would require an update to both versions. So if it does happen, it will happen when Mewtwo comes most likely.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
This, it's disgusting how Classic mode (the main of the serie) went in a downward spiral, it's surprisingly bad in Smash 4, lack of stages, lack of classic break the target, lack of interesting one-on-one battles, no metal mini bosess *sigh*. All Star mode went right because they didn't touch it.

So now on, single player modes will be only side modes, with multiplayer stuff being the focus...

I really don't see the appeal of 8 Smash, it's a mess where you can't even play decently, it's totally unbalanced for projectile based attacks, and projectile based characters don't stand a chance.

wait what, did you even touch Classic

it's there

why aren't you picking them

jax

Banned
If you are hating on 8 player smash you need a bigger screen. 60 inches+ SmashGAF is kinda laughing at you.

This is a much needed update.

boiled goose

good with gravy
If phrosphere is without Ridley, you could start with 8 players then have 6 commit suicide to have a 1v1! Which is ridiculous... But without a boss toggle, it's what things have come to

We really need a hazard and boss toggle. Given hazard/boss free versions are available in all star mode and 8 player smash, this is a no brainer.

Cmon sakurai....

NeonZ

We really need a hazard and boss toggle. Given hazard/boss free versions are available in all star mode and 8 player smash, this is a no brainer.

Cmon sakurai....

Not every stage has that version though. I guess they feel like if they were going to do that they'd need alternate versions of all stages with hazards, and don't consider that worth it.

There are 3rd party LAN Adapters, though I can't vouch for their quality.

3rd party LAN adapters work fine. I've been rocking a Nyko Wii LAN adapter since the Wii days, works fine on Wii U. There's a Wii/Wii-U compatible third party adapter on amazon for around $10, I don't think Nintendo even sells an official LAN adapter in the US anymore.

Dryk

Or make it one of the settings, like an item menu or random stage toggle. Just check ahead of time which stages you want hazards for and which you don't.
The variables and menu design are already in the game and have been for a long time. It pains me that we still don't have this.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Not every stage has that version though. I guess they feel like if they were going to do that they'd need alternate versions of all stages with hazards, and don't consider that worth it.

no? just allow hazard and boss toggles on and off. not all stages need hazards or bosses...

If you are hating on 8 player smash you need a bigger screen. 60 inches+ SmashGAF is kinda laughing at you.

This is a much needed update.
If you are hating on 8 player Smash, you need to sit closer to your display.

My horrible amateur game features 12P gameplay and YES, people were playing it and felt relatively comfortably, but they sat like one meter from the screen.

Character Balance would require an update to both versions. So if it does happen, it will happen when Mewtwo comes most likely.

I can almost guarantee a balance update will happen at that time. They're going to be touching all the characters in order to balance Mewtwo anyways, so I'm sure there will be additional tweaking based on Conquest and community feedback.

udivision

I was kinda bummed about it being stages only, but considering the timing it's better this way.

If there had been balance changes right before Apex, the tournament Nintendo is helping with this year, there wouldn't be a bigger "We have no clue what we're doing" statement than that.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Hey dudes I found a non-8-player-smash change in this patch. Quoting myself from the other thread:

Sorry if this was already mentioned, but I noticed some of the small secret enhancements that came along with the latest patch. It resolved my biggest annoyance with Amiibos, which was having to hit A to dismiss the dialog after saving one, and being booted back out to the main menus. Now once you save an Amiibo after editing it, it says "remove the Amiibo from the GamePad" in a dialog that dismisses by itself, and then just reloads the "okay scan an Amiibo now" screen instead of kicking you out entirely. So much easier to check prizes and re-save all Amiibo after a match with a lot of them!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=149863937&postcount=7523

Top Bottom