• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way POTDs are done without Sakurai having not announced them ending. He's just having a late day, hopefully due to a lot of info being added to the site. I imagine we'll hear something about Conquest Mode tonight or tomorrow due to the patch.

There's no way POTDs are done without Sakurai having not announced them ending. He's just having a late day, hopefully due to a lot of info being added to the site. I imagine we'll hear something about Conquest Mode tonight or tomorrow due to the patch.

Conquest mode? Which mode is that?

BKSmash

I wanna thank POTD for keeping me hyped every morning for over 1 year now. I've felt joy and sadness for these things, and they were a gift that just kept on giving. I will miss you..

R.I.P

Conquest mode? Which mode is that?
If I remember correctly, it's an online mode where everyone is limited to using 3 or 4 characters for a few days. At the end of the few days, it tallies up the wins and loses for each character and shares the results. I'm sure there's more to it, but I remember reading something along those lines.

I had a dream last night that Bugs Bunny and Taz Mania were DLC characters for the Wii U version. There was an awesome trailer feauturing the Crazy Castle game on the GBC and Lost in Time on the PS1.

Sakurai may not be taking a break, but his translators are.

"Leave it to me!"

EUnQfAt.jpg

If I remember correctly, it's an online mode where everyone is limited to using 3 or 4 characters for a few days. At the end of the few days, it tallies up the wins and loses for each character and shares the results. I'm sure there's more to it, but I remember reading something along those lines.

huh, sounds interesting to say the least.

PotD is late....

MEGATON INCOMING!
who am I kidding?

What could they announce aside from new characters that would bring back that old POTD spark? For me at least, getting more Wii U stages would be great, as the 3DS one has me worried about our future Wii U stage selection. Though, what we have so far is great.

What could they announce aside from new characters that would bring back that old POTD spark? For me at least, getting more Wii U stages would be great, as the 3DS one has me worried about our future Wii U stage selection. Though, what we have so far is great.

ADVENTURE MODE. They've said almost nothing.

Also, yeah, stages, music selections, events, other 1 player stuff, Wii U to 3DS connectivity.

Can't remember if I've asked, but will the two versions share a cross save file of sorts? I know you can connect 3ds Smash to Smash U as a controller, but wasn't sure about anything else.

Actually, I just realized I don't even know what this game is called. 64, melee, brawl, ____?

Edit: just read the op. What the hell at no subtitle for the game lol

lolpho

I'm pretty confident they're updating the site, whether it be a proper home page for the Wii U or beefing up the 3DS page now that it's out.

Now I'm just waiting for that second Smash Direct announcement. Any time now Sakkie.

JB2448

Man, this'll be the first time I go to sleep before the pic of the day posts in longer than I can remember. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait!

Berordn

dr. mario is the true villain. all those megavitamins he prescribes to every patient? he's breeding super resistant germs for biological warfare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom