• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying real hard not to make a post about how I imagine DHD would have been implemented differently had the whole " multiple entities on screen at once" thing not been limited by the 3DS.

Hint: More ducks

Disclaimer: DHD is my second favorite newcomer to play as

K-A-Deman

Reddit had a good point: Why isn't this a costume for DHD?

WmHAg55.png

EDIT: And of course this silly post is at the top of the page...

I haven't watched many matches; are the Dog and Duck comparable to Ice Climbers on a technical level (being two pieces of a single command structure), or is the Duck an extension of the Dog's command structure?

I haven't watched many matches; are the Dog and Duck comparable to Ice Climbers on a technical level (being two pieces of a single command structure), or is the Duck an extension of the Dog's command structure?
Haha, no, not at all. Duck Hunt is some sort of crazy new zoner character; I'm super excited to see the community mess around with him.

Toxi

Banned
Today's a national holiday in Japan, so pretty sure there won't be any pic. I'd love to be wrong, though.
Fuck

Is Respect for the Aged Day really something that might prevent the PotD? He's posted pics on other holidays and this isn't exactly a huge one to my knowledge.

He's a villain in the movie so it sorta counts

He's not on the side of the angels in Star Fox 64.

I like how the one character people don't object to calling a villain is Adam Malkovitch.

Not really a lot of genuine, iconic villains in Nintendo's history.

Bowser is in love with Peach and just wants to rule her kingdom with her.
With Ganondorf's origins, he has no choice but to be evil (Wind Waker Ganon certaintly isn't evil)
Mewtwo, Wolf and Dedede are obviously not really villains.
Giygas is just... I have no idea whats wrong with him, I can't grasp it.
and K. Rool can't really be taken seriously.

The only ones I can think of are Ridley & Porky Minch.

and yeah, I see Adam as a villain.

Neiteio

OH MY GOD, this Mario is giving chills! He looks so dirty in this game. And the evidence for customs being tourney legal keeps piling up, as that Fireball variant looks super awesome.
Yep, if you watch the entire set, both Mario and ROB have a fantastic showing. :-D

Right now I'm most excited about Bowser and Bowser Jr., and then the retro quartet of ROB, Duck Hunt, Mr. Game & Watch and Pac-Man. :)

K-A-Deman

Not really a lot of genuine, iconic villains in Nintendo's history.

Bowser is in love with Peach and just wants to rule her kingdom with her.
With Ganondorf's origins, he has no choice but to be evil (Wind Waker Ganon certaintly isn't evil)
Mewtwo, Wolf and Dedede are obviously not really villains.
Giygas is just... I have no idea whats wrong with him, I can't grasp it.
and K. Rool can't really be taken seriously.

The only ones I can think of are Ridley & Porky Minch.

and yeah, I see Adam as a villain.

I don't see what you're trying to argue here; Bowser and Ganondorf aren't iconic enough?

Neiteio

Geez you weren't kidding, that looked brutal O_O
Some key things to note about Duck Hunt:

- His neutral special, the can, can be kicked repeatedly by tapping B. When it hits the enemy, it detonates. You can set it up at one end of the field, fight on the other, and while your opponent is fighting you, you can make the can sneak up behind your opponent and blast them in the back!

- His forward special, the clay pot, can be shot midair by tapping B after you throw it.

- His down special, the gunman, can shoot the can if it's on the field, and he can also take a hit for you, acting as a shield.

Yep, if you watch the entire set, both Mario and ROB have a fantastic showing. :-D

Right now I'm most excited about Bowser and Bowser Jr., and then the retro quartet of ROB, Duck Hunt, Mr. Game & Watch and Pac-Man. :)
Oh yeah, ROB is looking good as well.

I'm glad Bowser Jr. (who I'm always tempted to just call Ludwig :p) is unlockable, because I wouldn't be able to decide between him and Robin as who I should try out first. Both are looking like they've been executed amazingly, and I definitely want to try out Greninja and Duck Hunt. We'll see if they fits my play style or not.

Neiteio

Oh yeah, ROB is looking good as well.

I'm glad Bowser Jr. (who I'm always tempted to just call Ludwig :p) is unlockable, because I wouldn't be able to decide between him and Robin as who I should try out first. Both are looking like they've been executed amazingly, and I definitely want to try out Greninja and Duck Hunt. We'll see if they fits my play style or not.
In terms of newcomers, I'm most excited about Bowser Jr., followed by Duck Hunt and Pac-Man. But my mind's all over the map when it comes to who I want to main. All of the characters look so good!

Richie

Oh, nononono.

Everyone I listed are iconic. I meant genuinely, completely irredeemably evil.

Also, wasn't trying to argue, sorry if I gave that impression.

You could make a case for the main villains of most Fire Emblem games, but then again those are far from iconic for Nintendo as a whole.

FSLink

Banned
Some key things to note about Duck Hunt:

- His neutral special, the can, can be kicked repeatedly by tapping B. When it hits the enemy, it detonates. You can set it up at one end of the field, fight on the other, and while your opponent is fighting you, you can make the can sneak up behind your opponent and blast them in the back!

- His forward special, the clay pot, can be shot midair by tapping B after you throw it.

- His down special, the gunman, can shoot the can if it's on the field, and he can also take a hit for you, acting as a shield.
Also regarding the can, you can hit it by ramming into it if you want to move it around without tapping B and setting it up to detonate.

Zoning out a Little Mac online with Duck Hunt is pretty satisfying, I bet the opponent was frustrated. :p

K-A-Deman

Oh, nononono.

Everyone I listed are iconic. I meant genuinely, completely irredeemably evil.

Also, wasn't trying to argue, sorry if I gave that impression.

Ah okay, couldn't tell if maybe it's the insomnia getting to me or I was misreading...

You should watch out for the giant bagel behind you

You could make a case for the main villains of most Fire Emblem games, but then again those are far from iconic for Nintendo as a whole.

Depends on what you mean by iconic.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Today's a national holiday in Japan, so pretty sure there won't be any pic. I'd love to be wrong, though.

Pretty sure holidays had no effect on PotD last year.

The one part of the website that is ripe for an update is the Wii U section since that's just been a "Coming Soon" banner for ages.

um excuse me. ludwig is not our boy.

that's iggy. iggy is.
Well, to be fair, I like both Ludwig and Larry equally. Blue is true!

In terms of newcomers, I'm most excited about Bowser Jr., followed by Duck Hunt and Pac-Man. But my mind's all over the map when it comes to who I want to main. All of the characters look so good!
It's really split between Robin and Bowser Jr. for me, as both are cool from a character standpoint (with the inclusion from a character standpoint) and are both looking very much suited to how I like to play Smash. Greninja, Little Mac, and Duck Hunt I'm also crazy excited for, but I'm not sure if I'll play them long term. All them see fun, but...we'll see. There's always a character that surprises me.

In Brawl, it was Lucas... :(

EDIT: Damn, that's two top pages in a row. And I'm not even doing a poll!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom