• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really surprised by Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings. Seven different models, each with different voices and victory animations, it's a lot of work for a single character.

Berordn

I'm really surprised by Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings. Seven different models, each with different voices and victory animations, it's a lot of work for a single character.

Actually they all share victory animations and the voices are ripped from NSMB.

But that's fine because you're really playing as the copter and that's the important bit.

Actually they all share victory animations and the voices are ripped from NSMB.

But that's fine because you're really playing as the copter and that's the important bit.
Oh, I was sure they had different animations. 8 different models for a single character are still impressive, though.

K-A-Deman

I'm giving it another 20 minutes (or until iTunes releases the W101 soundtrack) before I call it for the night; it's after 5 am here.

I'm pretty sure they just changed the heads on the Koopalings.

When Lemmy gets out of the car his body kinda looks too big. I think they kept the body mostly the same and just changed the heads.

Okay im not typing correctly at all due to being sleepy. Gonna drop out for now, here is hoping there is a PotD later!

Night SmashGAF!

or whoever is left of it :(

Neiteio

Well, to be fair, I like both Ludwig and Larry equally. Blue is true!

It's really split between Robin and Bowser Jr. for me, as both are cool from a character standpoint (with the inclusion from a character standpoint) and are both looking very much suited to how I like to play Smash. Greninja, Little Mac, and Duck Hunt I'm also crazy excited for, but I'm not sure if I'll play them long term. All them see fun, but...we'll see. There's always a character that surprises me.

In Brawl, it was Lucas... :(

EDIT: Damn, that's two top pages in a row. And I'm not even doing a poll!
I think I've figured out the three newcomers and three veterans I'm most interested in, from a character concept and gameplay standpoint. And they happen to have a nice sort of symmetry:

1) Bowser and Bowser Jr. -- Father and son!

2) R.O.B. and Duck Hunt -- The NES peripheral reps!

3) Mr. Game & Watch and Pac-Man -- The retro reps circa 1980!

I think I've figured out the three newcomers and three veterans I'm most interested in, from a character concept and gameplay standpoint. And they happen to have a nice sort of symmetry:

Oh yeah, that's a cool group. I'll play this game too:

1) Mario / Bowser Jr. & Koopalings - Hero and villains of their series, though Koopalings are obviously the lesser villains to Bowser.

2) Ness / Robin - Both are magic users who also rely on physical weapons in battle.

3) Link / Greninja - Both...use swords? I dunno.

Mine don't work as well. :p And, with that, I'm headed to bed. Be something epic POTD!

Thinking about Duck Hunt Dog and the cut (atleast at the moment) of ice climbers...

What if we get DLC and Ice Climbers will be in, is there a possibilty for a Baby Mario & Baby Luigi team? It could work...

HiroTSK5

I don't really have any cool pairings, but:

1) Pikachu and Shulk

2) Ike and Robin, Fire Emblem Ho!

3) Toon Link and Rosalina

Just saw this on miiverse while checking fridays pic.

zlCfzSboelw9wyKCl8

JediLink

I would do the pair-up thing, except I just realised I don't give a shit about actually playing as any of the newcomers. If Link and Sheik are both good, there's really not that much reason for me to want to play anyone else. I was initially interested in Mega Man but it would seem that the consensus is that he's ass.

I would do the pair-up thing, except I just realised I don't give a shit about actually playing as any of the newcomers. If Link and Sheik are both good, there's really not that much reason for me to want to play anyone else. I was initially interested in Mega Man but it would seem that the consensus is that he's ass.

I wouldnt say ass, he is kinda weak. Most memorable things: His recovery (Rush is way too powerful...) and his final smash (its awesome) other than that he is tolerable but no need to main him :-D

Dryk

I was initially interested in Mega Man but it would seem that the consensus is that he's ass.
My impression from the demo is that Mega Man isn't necessarily arse, he's just really, really unconventional. It'll be a while before the dust settles on him so I reckon you should try him out.

Berordn

Sakuman was playing Smash during lunch today and forgot to flip the update switch.

He can do whatever he wants during his lunch break, but he can't stop playing Smash.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sakurai has spent the last three hours deliberating on whether he should use Peach's pink dress or white dress for the image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom