• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 4: New Year, Old Arguments

That's rite

screen-4.jpg

Berordn

originaldddpv6hcslu.jpg
screen-10.jpg

It's tweaked a bit, particularly his proportions which look more like recent games, but it doesn't look like as big a departure from the Brawl model as the Wii U one does.

Roo

Just like that, 17/37 Brawl veterans are confirmed. Still waiting on these dudes:

That's a pretty decent amount of red!

Diddy Kong -> DKC: TF launch
Yoshi -> Yoshi's New Island launch
Sheik or Ganon -> Hyrule Warriors launch
Lucario -> Pokken announcement
Lucas -> Mother 3 on Wii U VC launch

Not sure how they could tie any of the other characters into new game releases. Ice Climbers could have been a cool tie in with NES Remix, I guess.

#randomcharacterforsmash4

Well, he won't reveal the whole roster anyway so we'll probably have to wait till the game comes out to know/see those characters without new games.
Actually, I'm wondering if he will save any newcomer till then.

Oh hey, the gradient on the outside of his jacket's lining kinda looks like it's using the same technology as the 3DS version's outlines. The 3DS version is good for something!

Nice to see Dedede announced. Love his expressions! I hope that means that all the characters will be more expressive this time around, which seems to be the case (barring obvious WIP animations).

SuperSah

Banned
Your borderline creepy obsession with the 3DS version is making this thread unbearable. Trust me, it's just you.

Last I checked, creepy obsessions are coming here, posting weird perverted content or making creepy posts about 3DS images.

Am I doing that? No. I'm just posting about how excited I am. Get a grip, this is Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U so I can say whatever I like regarding the game.

We both know you'd not be saying that if I was solely dedicated to the Wii U game, but there's zero creepy content, so please revaluate your post.

rekameohs

Banned
Well, he won't reveal the whole roster anyway so we'll probably have to wait till the game comes out to know/see those characters without new games.
What was the situation with the Brawl Dojo and unlockable characters? I remember the Japanese version of the game was released before we found out about Wolf. What else was there?

EDIT: thanks for the answer, hah

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member

He saved, Lucario, Wolf, R.O.B. & Toon Link for Brawl and that was it, I think. Hope it's not the same for the new Smash.

Almost looks like Her sun salutation move revealed earlier last year but that pose is The warrior. Maybe it is just her unique attack effects?

rekameohs

Banned
Shit I still remember when I was just playing Melee one day and all of a sudden: "Warning Challenger Approaching" and it was Mewtwo and I was going nuts. Back when I was spoiler free - those were good times. Oh well!

I just realized why his new model reminds me of his anime appearance: his pupils (right term?) are much smaller here.

screen-3.jpg

Dedede1.gif

They're not as huge as they are in Brawl, which actually is the same deal in the Kirby games.

200px-Dededebike.jpg

King_DededeSSBU.png

Not a big deal, but now I know why it was bugging me. He doesn't appear too often like this.

He definitely looks better with smaller pupils, IMO. More expressive and yes, his expressions in general are amazing and hilarious, this go around.

jph139

I'm hoping that - with Pokemon's success in that avenue - SSB4 will end up being a worldwide release. I'd love to go in blind on anther Smash game.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Okay so did you know or did you just fucking call it? o_O

Yeah it's Triple Deluxe's release but this is still pretty damn amazing.

I FUCKING CALLED IT HOLY SHIT AND DEDEDE LOOKS EVEN BETTER THAN I WAS EXPECTING. This is going to be the greatest video game ever made.

I'm pretty sure that most of people called it since it's predictable to see King Dedede since Metaknight were no where to find in Kirby 3DS trailers.

Also, don't know if anyone mentioned before but uh
Super Smash Bros.'s 15th Anniversary is on the 21st

Wonder what we'll get....

I'm very curious about that now.

d3 looks great, we have 21 characters now the same number as brawl's starting roster

Actually, we have 25 starting characters. If you are talking about 21 slots then yeah.

You can thank Game Freak for that.

What do you meant by that?

Well, Luigi and Marth have always been unlockables so they'll probably be there again. And the third party characters were unlockables in Brawl, so I would guess that Mega Man and Sonic again will be the same. There's still plenty of veteran starters not yet confirmed: Yoshi, Ice Climbers, Wario, Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, Pokemon Trainer just off the top of my head.

EDIT: Toon Link is almost certainly an unlockable, too.

I'm pretty sure that they are not unlockable characters then what is point of announcing them now. I understand Mega Man and Sonic's position, but other three characters.

Please don't be all starting characters. Please don't be all starting characters. I want to work to earn Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager & Rosalina.

I rather to unlocking characters that I'm not aware of. We already knew that they are in the game so it don't make sense to unlocking Rosalina & Luma, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer.

Your borderline creepy obsession with the 3DS version is making this thread unbearable. Trust me, it's just you.

I think people should be more respectful to other people's opinions because it's their opinions. Also it was not just Sah who shared the same opinion since someone mentioned same thing in previous page.

Hi, I called it.

So many people did. :p

afoni

Banned
fucking sakurai did that just so i come back here

them nintendo bastards are like ninjas with their fat fucking penguins dicks

fuck this game

rekameohs

Banned
New update means updated wallpaper~!

Decided to just give WFT a little room on this one. She really is the hardest one to place, but by the time all the characters come out I'll find the best spot for each one.

Great stuff.

Correct me if my eyesight's failing, but I think I noticed a little mistake in those logos that cover the background - some appear to be missing, like I can't find Mega Man's or Wii Fit Trainer's anywhere.

If you go HERE, they have all of the series logos in 250 x 250 px png format. I don't know what you prefer for your design, but I would imagine that these are detailed enough. For example, here's the Mega Man and Wii Fit logos:

MegaManSymbol.png
WiiFitSymbol.png

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
New update means updated wallpaper~!

Decided to just give WFT a little room on this one. She really is the hardest one to place, but by the time all the characters come out I'll find the best spot for each one.

Awesome, Thanks! Well, it's good since you would be more likely to add more characters in a month or so. Gotta to get ready for that.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I knew something would happen. It's fucking Sakurai and Kirby.

I just had bets on Metaknight is all.

You should call up your best mate, Sakurai, and blame him for screwing up with your bets.

On serious note, I'm curious how and when will Sakurai reveal Metaknight or Pokemon Trainer since we don't have any other kirby and pokemon games to release.

RagnarokX

You should call up your best mate, Sakurai, and blame him for screwing up with your bets.

On serious note, I'm curious how and when will Sakurai reveal Metaknight or Pokemon Trainer since we don't have any other kirby and pokemon games to release.

Pokemon Bank US release. Kirby US release. Nintendo Direct announcement of new games/sidegames in those franchises.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
If they continue to announce characters as games are released, we probably won't see him for a while. I also just realized the 3DS doesn't have any Wario games, not even WarioWare. Shit's so bizarre.

If Sakurai maintains this current level of predictability it is easy to assume that we will be seeing Diddy Kong next month.

Kjellson

Just like that, 17/37 Brawl veterans are confirmed. Still waiting on these dudes:

That's a pretty decent amount of red!

Diddy Kong -> DKC: TF launch
Yoshi -> Yoshi's New Island launch
Sheik or Ganon -> Hyrule Warriors launch
Lucario -> Pokken announcement
Lucas -> Mother 3 on Wii U VC launch

Not sure how they could tie any of the other characters into new game releases. Ice Climbers could have been a cool tie in with NES Remix, I guess.

#randomcharacterforsmash4
Holy crap.

That's waaaaaay less characters left than I thought it was.

Great stuff.

Correct me if my eyesight's failing, but I think I noticed a little mistake in those logos that cover the background - some appear to be missing, like I can't find Mega Man's or Wii Fit Trainer's anywhere.

If you go HERE, they have all of the series logos in 250 x 250 px png format. I don't know what you prefer for your design, but I would imagine that these are detailed enough. For example, here's the Mega Man and Wii Fit logos:

MegaManSymbol.png
WiiFitSymbol.png

Yeah I'm not going to add icons for every update. That would be way too tedious, but I plan on it for the final product.

Top Bottom