• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 4: New Year, Old Arguments

BY2K

Membero Americo
image.php
image.php

Now kiss!

RomanceDawn

If we do ever get a new Yoshi character, I'd like to see Kamek.

But I don't think we're ever going to get a new Yoshi character. :( lol

Agreed! As far as Yoshi rivals go Kamek is the one to go for. Unless Yoshi took the gaming world by storm again I doubt it ever happening though.

Tyeforce

Uuuugh, I just came across a The Wonderful 101 video and now I have a sudden urge to play the game again, and it reminded me that I want a The Wonderful 101 character in Smash Bros so bad. But I don't expect it to happen at all. =(

I suppose there's still hope that it could happen. Sakurai is good buddies with Kamiya, right? Maybe I'm making that up, but I thought I heard that somewhere, lol. Maybe The Wonderful 101 could get a rep in Smash Bros. the same way that Metal Gear got into Brawl. Of course, it'd be easier with The Wonderful 101 being first-party, but still, I can't imagine Sakurai putting a The Wonderful 101 character in the game without some kind of push from Kamiya. Seems like too recent of a game and too insignificant to Nintendo in the big picture to even bother with, despite the fact that it'd be freaking perfect.

I'm still not going to expect it to happen or put it in my roster, though. =/

Riki

Uuuugh, I just came across a The Wonderful 101 video and now I have a sudden urge to play the game again, and it reminded me that I want a The Wonderful 101 character in Smash Bros so bad. But I don't expect it to happen at all. =(

I suppose there's still hope that it could happen. Sakurai is good buddies with Kamiya, right? Maybe I'm making that up, but I thought I heard that somewhere, lol. Maybe The Wonderful 101 could get a rep in Smash Bros. the same way that Metal Gear got into Brawl. Of course, it'd be easier with The Wonderful 101 being first-party, but still, I can't imagine Sakurai putting a The Wonderful 101 character in the game without some kind of push from Kamiya. Seems like too recent of a game and too insignificant to Nintendo in the big picture to even bother with, despite the fact that it'd be freaking perfect.

I'm not sure what the relationship between Sakurai and Kamiya is, but Sakurai was at Platinum a while back for unknown reasons.

Back in the day where I'd fantasize about what the roster for the next game would be, I wondered if the best option for a new Yoshi newcomer wouldn't be Yoshi...with babies. Carrying Baby Mario/Peach/Bowser in his back, and switching between them would make his moveset change accordingly.

I seriously don't think it will be the case, but I wonder if Yoshi's taken so long to be revealed because they're doing a major redesign to his moveset that involves something like this?

Nah, likely just Sakurai Sakuraing.

I was thinking something similar, like what if it was Baby Mario and Yoshi. You have baby mario and a smaller different colored Yoshi that can be together or separate from each other. If Yoshi was to get another rep I feel it would be either Baby Mario or as some else said Kamek.

Why do people feel that Shiek and Impa can't coexist on the roster.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
So I just had a thought, apologies if brought up before.

The majority of the veterans since the original Smash have been revealed or will soon be revealed (Yoshi), and I assume Jigglypuff may tie in with Pokébank potentially? Anyway, we haven't seen anything of Captain Falcon or Ness, so, just maybe, we could be seeing new games from them this year to tie in with their reveals? Maybe smaller titles, for eShop or something. I don't know, worth a though.

STILL WAITING FOR SNAKE THOUGH SAKURAI

I would really like Kamek. I think he's such a well-designed character and he'd look better in Smash 4 than he ever has. Smash is also sorely lacking in his "type" as well, in the sense that his entire moveset would likely be ranged magic attacks and no other character could really classify as a wizard.

For the record though, I think there are very slim chances of that happening. Sakurai likely views Kamek more as a race of beings than a singular character- like Koopa, Toad, ReDeads, etc.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I like secret characters, just not 3rd parties since they aren't exactly kept a secret prior to release. Hopefully Mega Man and Sonic aren't locked.

Yeah, Mega Man and Sonic should be available at the start, and it should be same thing for Snake and Pac-Man if they got in.

I'm suspecting that Ike, Lucas, Lucario, R.O.B., and Jigglypuff might be secret characters this time.

Ryce

Assuming everyone from Brawl returns and there are hidden characters, here’s how I see the remaining characters:

Starters
Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Jigglypuff (with Luigi as a starting character, they might as well make everyone from SSB64 available from the beginning)
Sheik
Ice Climbers
Falco
Wario
Meta Knight
Zero Suit Samus
Diddy Kong
Pokémon Trainer

Hidden
Mr. Game & Watch
Ganondorf
Lucas
Lucario
Ike
R.O.B.
Wolf
Snake (he’ll be revealed beforehand since he’s third-party)

Fandangox

Characters I can see being really interesting secret characters i.e those who are not revealed at all till the game is out, and they need to be unlocked would be: Shulk, Dillon, Palutena, and Little Mac.

I hope that if returning characters will be unlocked that they aren't that many.

I hope all of the newcomers are unlockable this time. Out of the 21 starting characters in Brawl, 8 were newcomers. The other 5 newcomers were hidden, although the only ones that didn't get officially leaked were Wolf and R.O.B.

jph139

I'm thinking all of the 3rd Parties will continue to be unlockable - if there still are unlockables, which I'm becoming doubtful of considering the last few reveals.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Assuming everyone from Brawl returns and there are hidden characters, here’s how I see the remaining characters:

Starters
Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Jigglypuff (with Luigi as a starting character, they might as well make everyone from SSB64 available from the beginning)
Sheik
Ice Climbers
Falco
Wario
Meta Knight
Zero Suit Samus
Diddy Kong
Pokémon Trainer

Hidden
Mr. Game & Watch
Ganondorf
Lucas
Lucario
Ike
R.O.B.
Wolf
Snake (he’ll be revealed beforehand since he’s third-party)

I'm hoping that Ganondorf, Snake and Mr. Game and Watch wouldn't be unlockable characters since they should be starter characters. I'm not sure about Jigglypuff being starter character since she might be low on the list to be added to the game, like they did with Brawl.

I hope all of the newcomers are unlockable this time. Out of the 21 starting characters in Brawl, 8 were newcomers. The other 5 newcomers were hidden, although the only ones that didn't get officially leaked were Wolf and R.O.B.

For your information, Super Angelo already called for sprite avatar long time before you did. Unless he decided to pass the avatar then you are free to use it.

Actually it's 6 characters. I know it's a sticky situation with Toon Link, which is reincarnation of Young Link.

I know that feel bro. ;_;

Dede was announced, did someone make a thread for him?
Yup.

Javier

Midna would be awesome, and she was one of my most wanted newcomers for Brawl (in retrospect, though, Toon Link was a much more appropriate newcomer), but I can't imagine her making the cut now.
In the incredibly slim chance that Midna actually makes it in, it's her true form or bust.

leroidys

So nobody else gives a shit about Chibi Robo?

That Zelda pic on the last page looks great. It's so bizarre how uneven the models are in this game. Zelda, Mega Man, Animal Crosser are amazing... Link, Donkey Kong, Fox are terrible.

Ryce

It's so bizarre how uneven the models are in this game. Zelda, Mega Man, Animal Crosser are amazing... Link, Donkey Kong, Fox are terrible.
I'm not singling you out -- I see it all the time -- but "Animal Crosser" is such a weird name. Does the character cross animals or something (whatever that means)?

zroid

Banned
I'm not singling you out -- I see it all the time -- but "Animal Crosser" is such a weird name. Does the character cross animals or something (whatever that means)?

well you can make them cross if you swing your net at them a lot! :p

Top Bottom