• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 4: New Year, Old Arguments

KHlover

Banned
Yay...

I'm probably the only person on Neogaf who despises DDD.

I don't like playing as him, but how could I possibly hate DDD as a character D:

Best character in the shithole that was Subspace Emissary and best facial animations of all characters in SSB4 so far.

470733_570064793068259_1222022554_o.jpg

<3

I find the lack of Lucas/Ness so far honestly disturbing =/

I know bro. I know. :(

Ryce

I've got a feeling Ness will be revealed in the last few months before release and that Lucas will be a hidden character.

I wonder how the character selection screen will display the characters. I figured that there should probably be 5 since that's the most of any franchise (Mario's with him, weegee, Peach, Bowser and Rosalina) but perhaps they'll have them groups horizontally than vertically like in brawl?

Ryce

None of the three existing Smash Bros. games have similar select screens, so there's likely to be a completely new layout.

Since the watermarkless isn't in the 1080p dump, and I don't recall anyone posting the Miiverse comment:

daily_20140110_zgezi.jpg

Pic of the day. Celebrating the launch of Kirby: Triple Deluxe in Japan, King Dedede joins the battle! Check out his evocative facial expressions on the official web site.

Dedede is actually Sakurai's self-insert OC. Haven't you noticed the similarities?

Southern!Dedede was hilarious for what it was, but I wouldn't want it to touch Smash Bros. with a ten foot pole. Same with Spanish!MK, though maybe to a lesser extent since I wasn't too fond of MK's voice in Brawl.

Updated roster with one of my favorite characters!

I think it's safe to expect we'll be getting Diddy Kong in February and Yoshi in March, with Wario possibly in April.
Certainly the character select screen won't have generic gradients for every character. Just look at each character page and their unique colors. Portraits could even be unique or vertical so they don't look awkward like Luigi.

i want southern dedede AND spanish meta knight

and boy band dk

I mean, they recently released a new Right Back at Ya short on 3DS with the original VA and the Pokemon characters have anime VA so why not?

So she still has her old moveset.

Disappointmentton. Drastically reduced chance of Phantom being part of her moveset now.
Meh. If Phantom was a part of Zelda's moveset it was always gonna be a substitute for Sheik, imo.
The increasing rate of vetran reveals are slightly convincing me this might be 2014

Links Gams are off limits.
Well in the past month we've had three character reveals so that's a definite ramp up from usual output. Although I think its ridiculous to think that SSB won't be in 2014.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I've got a feeling Ness will be revealed in the last few months before release and that Lucas will be a hidden character.

I suspected same thing for long time. I think you can find my post about it in Community or Thread 1/2. I don't really remember where I posted it.

I suspected that Ike, Lucas, and ROB would be secret characters again. I think Jigglypuff is more likely to be secret character if she's at bottom of the list for adding characters.

Updated roster with one of my favorite characters!

I think it's safe to expect we'll be getting Diddy Kong in February and Yoshi in March, with Wario possibly in April.

Thanks! Yeah, it's safe to guess that but who know.

So what was the rest of that rumor that was said along with the reveal of Dedede?? BOMBA?!

I would said same thing if I made the same rumor because it's predictable that Dedede would be next reveal because Metaknight is no where found in Kirby 3DS trailers. I will believe it if they got two items right.

So she still has her old moveset.

Disappointmentton. Drastically reduced chance of Phantom being part of her moveset now.

Just because Zelda retains her neutrals doesn't mean some of her specials haven't been tweaked or changed entirely.

#TeamPhantomMove

Pit's Upper Dash and up B and Orbitar down B is a perfect example.

jph139

I'm still pushing for Phantom as a move, but the fact Farore's Wind is still on the table definitely raises questions, since we know it's not an overall overhaul.

Ryce

I'm still pushing for Phantom as a move, but the fact Farore's Wind is still on the table definitely raises questions, since we know it's not an overall overhaul.
I don't see Zelda retaining one of the three Great Fairy spells and not the others since they're all thematically tied to one another. In which case, a Phantom special move would mean Sheik is gone, and I don't think anybody wants to see a popular two-game veteran cut.

I'm still not quite sure what to make of the Phantom, as I still feel very confident it's not an Assist Trophy.

Also, minor, but I figured it was worth mentioning--King Dedede's page does not link to a website, just like Peach's did originally. Though his Japanese page does (to Triple Deluxe, of course).

So the earliest I can hope for Yoshi is on March?

Way to long of a wait for someone obviously in the game.
Yoshi really should have been one of the initial reveals, he is far and away the least interesting veteran character announcement possible. He's the character whammy. "Warning! Challenger Approaching!" Haha, oh wait, it's just Yoshi, a character you've been able to play as from the start in every single Smash Bros.

Another random note--it's interesting that we've gotten two Kirby characters (the first franchise to have more than one character shown other than Mario and Zelda) but we still haven't seen hide nor hair of a Kirby stage in either version.

Ryce

I'm still hoping to see the Ice Climbers on the 30th. It's the anniversary of their game, and it also makes sense to reveal them in the middle of winter.

kunonabi

I don't see Zelda retaining one of the three Great Fairy spells and not the others since they're all thematically tied to one another. In which case, a Phantom special move would mean Sheik is gone, and I don't think anybody wants to see a popular two-game veteran cut.

Shiek just needs to be a separate character. It sucks being a Zelda or shiek player and having one less move than everyone else.

Ryce

Shiek just needs to be separate character. It sucks being a Zelda or shiek player and having one less move than everyone else.
I love playing as Sheik, but there's no way she'd ever be a separate character. The only reason she's in Smash Bros. is because of the transformation mechanic. Without that, there's little justification for such a comparatively minor character.

Top Bottom